Pre-Game Talk: Game # 73 Bruins at Florida March 26, 7 pm Watch on: NESN, BSFL, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Well yeah the coach is always the fall guy regardless if it's his fault or not. Especially in Boston.

It's true. And I have no problem with a coach who has high standards and expectations. A real will to win. So he should. But there's a balancing act in terms of just how much you can expect, and how much the players have to give over the course of a long season. Hopefully Monty will get it right.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I doubt any team in the league goes October to April without going through a stretch that causes the the coach to do what Monty did.

All that matters is they’re ready to go for the playoffs.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
How many practices like that has it been now under Marchand's leadership? 3? 4? Feels like I have heard more about bad practices in 3/4 of a year than Chara's and Bergeron's captaincy combined. Certainly never heard the team wasn't ready for the play-offs 70 games in,
I think this is more about the massive season to season changeover then the change in Captaincy.

Montgomery was kind of handcuffed last year and needed to take a more aggressive approach to assert the new structure.

I don't put this on Marchand.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
This team has a very hard schedule left, I think how they respond down the stretch here will show us a lot about what we can expect going into playoffs
Actually, I'm of the opposite mind. I think the boys are taking the end of the season off. The losses up to and after the Vancouver and Toronto games kinda showed me that. They want might be valuing rest and health right now over points that wont do a whole lot for their playoff picture. Not a bad tactic, though it will drive fans to drink. The main problem with that is the creeping of lazy habits into your game. They will lose their edge.

I think that's what Monty meant about being "ready for the playoffs"
You can turn on and off effort as you will, but not good playing habits.

Reactions: NDiesel

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad