GDT: Game 71 Some guys from Florida vs. our current guys 4/9/22 5 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like this year in particular, not just us but everywhere in the league, there are tons of empty net goals? The fad to pull goalies much earlier than before started years ago, but for some reason it really seems like it's almost a sure goal (or two!) against many nights.

(Probably that is just some random subjective thing from games I happen to see vs. ones I don't and stats won't back up any significant difference in EN goals, of course. )

There are a lot with the shift to pulling the goalie earlier ... multiple teams with 19 ENG so far with 10ish games remaining for most of the league. 2018-19 had three teams end with 20 ENG.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Before this is closed I just wanted to say that I liked our game in this game. Preds held Florida to just 19 even strength shots for the game. But we missed so many open nets and chances that we just weren't meant to win that game.

Also it was kind of funny/ironic that we were honoring Josi for most points in a season with 87, while Florida was sitting there with a 100 point player. And it was nice that Hornqvist gave stick taps to Josi for that honor.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Before this is closed I just wanted to say that I liked our game in this game. Preds held Florida to just 19 even strength shots for the game. But we missed so many open nets and chances that we just weren't meant to win that game.

Also it was kind of funny/ironic that we were honoring Josi for most points in a season with 87, while Florida was sitting there with a 100 point player. And it was nice that Hornqvist gave stick taps to Josi for that honor.
100pt forward is fairly common year to year. 87 for a Dman is pretty crazy and 100 pt by a Dman hasn't been done in 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad