GDT: Game 71 | NYI @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I wish I believed the hockey gods thwe hockey gods were just making sure we finish is the right spot, but I know it wont happen.
And you know what the right place is? Getting Bedard doesn't make our team a Stanley Cup contender. On the contrary, if you build a quality, balanced team, there's a much better chance of winning.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
This puck tracer during power plays give me bad glow puck flashbacks.

We are totally going to blow this at the end of the season. I can feel it and I hate this feeling. Once in my life I'd like to see a generational player in Columbus before I die.
I’d love to see a generational goalie

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
ready for more negatives?

We lost Gudbranson for the game. We might not have him or Blanks tomorrow. We’ll likely need to call up 3 players from Cleveland to ice a full team which means we once again pillage their team of some of their players.

Fun!

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
So it looks like were hoping beyond all hopes the hockey gods will look down on us favorably when we play the bingo ball game for drafting position. And we all know how lucky the CBJ has been for decades hoping for a break from the NHL.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
ready for more negatives?

We lost Gudbranson for the game. We might not have him or Blanks tomorrow. We’ll likely need to call up 3 players from Cleveland to ice a full team which means we once again pillage their team of some of their players.

Fun!
Seeing as you want to tank this should be seen as a positive
more minor league players playing against major league players

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
f*** it

Call up Ceuelemans (he’s been bad in the AHL so far)

Call up Sweezey

Call up Justin Richards

They won’t miss Ceulemans. Hopefully cole Sillinger can replace Richards down there.
So call up Ceulemans when he is playing horribly, and put him in the NHL a when he isn’t ready, what will THAT do for his confidence? But we send Sillinger down to develop him and help his confidence. What you propose makes ZERO sense

Reactions: Doggy

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So call up Ceulemans when he is playing horribly, and put him in the NHL a when he isn’t ready, what will THAT do for his confidence? But we send Sillinger down to develop him and help his confidence. What you propose makes ZERO sense
Didn’t say it did, I’m trying to maximize the tank while also throwing a bone to Cleveland.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
On the contrary, if you build a quality, balanced team, there's a much better chance of winning.
This is pretty untrue if we look at recent Stanley Cup winners. Sure you have the one-off teams like St. Louis and Boston, but the repeat winners like Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, and Tampa were led by players selected 1 or 2, and in the case of Pittsburgh and Tampa they have multiple.

Getting a #1 or #2 overall star isn't sufficient by itself (Edmonton, Buffalo, NJ so far), but it seems almost necessary.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is pretty untrue if we look at recent Stanley Cup winners. Sure you have the one-off teams like St. Louis and Boston, but the repeat winners like Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, and Tampa were led by players selected 1 or 2, and in the case of Pittsburgh and Tampa they have multiple.

Getting a #1 or #2 overall star isn't sufficient by itself (Edmonton, Buffalo, NJ so far), but it seems almost necessary.

Yep.

Every Cup contender needs franchise talent and a legit 1C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad