GDT: GAME 70: MTL @ SEA | Media weirdos! | Sun. March 24, 2024, 9PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN690, 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs on a 4 game losing skid, playing their 4th game on this West Coast swing, facing the Kraken Sunday night.

It wasn't pretty against the Nucks on Thursday, as they dominated several facets of the game in a 4-1 drubbing of the Habs.

Thankfully, there was some good news in the interim -- the long awaited debut of David Reinbacher on Friday. He didn't disappoint, showing a lot of poise, smarts, positioning and smooth skating and scoring the tying goal that brought the Rocket back into a game where they had been trailing for the most part -- and which they won in OT.

We need to get good news where we can find it, so here's to you David Reinbacher.

7iXV7Ce.gif

Perhaps this custom practice jersey was an indication. :sarcasm:

e0iqpHx.jpg

Back to the Habs, there is really no world where one can find a positive about Josh Anderson. His TOI has been declining since January on account of his inability to produce anything -- against the Nucks, he didn't even manage to record a shot on goal.

Time to sollicit the advice of a big gun. What would Kevin O'Leary do?

r6iqR4W.gif

He'd take the idea of rostering the Donkey and would shoot it behind the barn. Only the idea of him, not him -- hey, it's a family forum and we do not approve of gratuitous violence. :sarcasm:

Any hope for even a small improvement, Donkey? We'll take anything.

NhqCEEZ.gif

No worries, you have a spotlight on you, Donkey -- we'll be on you like parasitic ticks residing in your hind legs.

Qr0Yqm0.gif

Which brings us to another unresolved and unresolvable irritant -- these media types who are hellbent on shoving their repulsive faces into our TV monitors and more often than not, are completely unbearable.

There is the guy with the raspy voice on RDS and his robotic salutation, "Bon match!"

uYQkmik.gif

Or this language mangler who conducts ice level exchanges with out of breath players on their pre-game warm ups. "How did you felt?"

vAjWIzK.jpeg

This other guy, who like François Gagnon, hails from the print media but somehow thinks he has a face and disposition for television. I dunno, he generates a Cringe Factor 9 vibe every time he's on camera, it's like he's trying to smile but doesn't really and has this weird stare.

I believe that Arpon Basu belongs in the Louvre.

b3P0KC6.jpg

OK, Pierre LeBrun -- what were you thinking, sporting that mustache and haircut (hidden here, but you get the idea)? Did you join an historical re-enactment society?

vYMi33Y.png

All of which makes us appreciate the glory days of hockey media.

Where have you gone, Dick Irvin?
Our fan base turns its lonely eyes to you
Woo, woo, woo ...

And, since we can't possibly end this segment on a negative note, there is always room for Slaf, who potted a goal against the Nucks, his 38th point of the season, extending his consecutive points streak to 6 games. Nicely done, Chadkovsky.

SyLS6cL.gif

LINEUPS

Site is super slow …

d4M6A1K.gif

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
WTF games on Sunday? FML! What am I supposed to watch tonight? Suppose I could find a ScarJo movie.
I hesitate wanting to watch another Jackie Chan movie, or an Arnold, or a Martin Lawrence doing a Big Mama or what? The Unbarables with the complete bunch of Stallone, Stratham, Lundgren, etc?
Maybe I should try something completely new ...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I hesitate wanting to watch another Jackie Chan movie, or an Arnold, or a Martin Lawrence doing a Big Mama or what? The Unbarables with the complete bunch of Stallone, Stratham, Lundgren, etc?
Maybe I should try something completely new ...
Sigh... I already prepped the wings rub. Goddamnit! NHL scheduling sucks. Like you have handful of teams whose fan base looks forward to a sat night... nobody in arizona would give a crap. Play them on sundays. f***ing NHL!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs on a 4 game losing skid, playing their 4th game on this West Coast swing, facing the Kraken Sunday night.

It wasn't pretty against the Nucks on Thursday, as they dominated several facets of the game in a 4-1 drubbing of the Habs.

Thankfully, there was some good news in the interim -- the long awaited debut of David Reinbacher on Friday. He didn't disappoint, showing a lot of poise, smarts, positioning and smooth skating and scoring the tying goal that brought the Rocket back into a game where they had been trailing for the most part -- and which they won in OT.

We need to get good news where we can find it, so here's to you David Reinbacher.

7iXV7Ce.gif

e0iqpHx.jpg

Back to the Habs, there is really no world where one can find a positive about Josh Anderson. His TOI has been declining since January on account of his inability to produce anything -- against the Nucks, he didn't even manage to record a shot on goal.

r6iqR4W.gif

He'd take the idea of rostering the Donkey and would shoot it behind the barn. Only the idea of him, not him -- hey, it's a family forum and we do not approve of gratuitous violence. :sarcasm:

NhqCEEZ.gif

No worries, you have a spotlight on you, Donkey -- we'll be on you like parasitic ticks residing in your hind legs.

Qr0Yqm0.gif

Which brings us to another unresolved and unresolvable irritant -- these media types who are hellbent on shoving their repulsive faces into our TV monitors and more often than not, are completely unbearable.

There is the guy with the raspy voice on RDS and his robotic salutation, "Bon match!"

uYQkmik.gif

Or this language mangler who conducts ice level exchanges with out of breath players on their pre-game warm ups. "How did you felt?"

vAjWIzK.jpeg

This other guy, who like François Gagnon, hails from the print media but somehow thinks he has a face and disposition for television. I dunno, he generates a Cringe Factor 9 vibe every time he's on camera, it's like he's trying to smile but doesn't really and has this weird stare. I think he belongs in the Louvre.

b3P0KC6.jpg

OK, Pierre LeBrun -- what were you thinking, sporting that mustache and haircut (hidden here, but you get the idea)? Did you join an historical re-enactment society?

vYMi33Y.png

Woo, woo, woo ...

And, since we can't possibly end this segment on a negative note, there is always room for Slaf, who potted a goal against the Nucks, his 38th point of the season, extending his consecutive points streak to 6 games. Nicely done, Chadkovsky.

SyLS6cL.gif

LINEUPS TBA

d4M6A1K.gif
Torts scratches the newly appointed team captain during the stretch run....take note Marty, maybe it's time to sit Anderson, he doesn't deserve to play.

Nicely done Runner! Are there any competent media folks out there?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Torts scratches the newly appointed team captain during the stretch run....take note Marty, maybe it's time to sit Anderson, he doesn't deserve to play.

Nicely done Runner! Are there any competent media folks out there?
Who would you rather scratch? Anderson or Gallagher? Speaking of, any update on gally?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Who would you rather scratch? Anderson or Gallagher? Speaking of, any update on gally?
Lets make something clear about these two- while Gallagher isn't producing he never stops busting his ass, always gets hammered in front of the net...while he is past his prime you can never compare Gallagher who is all heart to Josh Anderson who imitates Pierre Luc Dubois on most nights.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Lets make something clear about these two- while Gallagher isn't producing he never stops busting his ass, always gets hammered in front of the net...while he is past his prime you can never compare Gallagher who is all heart to Josh Anderson who imitates Pierre Luc Dubois on most nights.
Good point, but still scratching either may be addition by subtraction, at least next year. Scratching gally means we get faster for sure, and Anderson gets to slot lower in the lineup where he should be.

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Saturday and no Habs hockey on the go. What in the actual **** is this BS NHL? I guess Rogers Leafsnet wants all hands, including the large Hab fanbase, to tune into their McDavid vs Matthews Saturday night matchup tonight.

And while I'm on the topic of the stupid NHL schedule. IMO the NHL schedules far too many nights during the season when there's 3 games or less scheduled. This upcoming week for example seems quite common place for the weekly NHL schedule nowadays.

Schedule_Mar_23,_2024_NHL.com_-_2024-03-23_14.36.16.jpg

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Saturday and no Habs hockey on the go. What in the actual **** is this BS NHL? I guess Rogers Leafsnet wants all hands, including the large Hab fanbase, to tune into their McDavid vs Matthews Saturday night matchup tonight.

And while I'm on the topic of the stupid NHL schedule. IMO the NHL schedules far too many nights during the season when there's 3 games or less scheduled. This upcoming week for example seems quite common place for the weekly NHL schedule nowadays.

View attachment 840370
I think it is all based on advertising. If the target market is people who only watch their own team play then they give the teams the days they want for home games. Apparently those of us who watch multiple games don't buy the advertisers products.

Reactions: Runner77

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

View attachment 840370

Yep. And most of the light nights are weak matchups

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

7iXV7Ce.gif

e0iqpHx.jpg

r6iqR4W.gif

NhqCEEZ.gif

Qr0Yqm0.gif

uYQkmik.gif

vAjWIzK.jpeg

This other guy, who like François Gagnon, hails from the print media but somehow thinks he has a face and disposition for television. I dunno, he generates a Cringe Factor 9 vibe every time he's on camera, it's like he's trying to smile but doesn't really and has this weird stare. I think he belongs in the Louvre.

b3P0KC6.jpg

vYMi33Y.png

Woo, woo, woo ...

SyLS6cL.gif

LINEUPS TBA

d4M6A1K.gif
Will say it again................The HF Hall of Fame awaits you Runner77.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad