Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I've had blood clots before. A pulmonary embolism to be precise where the clots travel from a part of the body to the lungs. I'm now on blood thinners for the rest of my life.

Brock may have complained about irregularity in his breathing like shortness of breath, one of his limbs were swollen, aching or he felt warmth. Hard to know exactly because we don't know where the clot/clots are located in the body.

There's a blood test called a D-dimer that is normally very effective in detecting if there's an issue with clotting, Unfortunately, that test failed in my case where my clot travelled up from my leg to my lungs three weeks after taking that test which came back negative. So it's not 100%.

I'll wait for more info before putting more information about this.
Thanks for sharing your experience and the symptoms involved. I knew clots were something not to f*** around with but never really knew what the onset symptoms were.

I would love Messier to shut up. he picked the Nucks to win the series before it started and had several things to say about that "tremendous" club.

Messier sold the Oilers out.
Gretz picked the Flames to beat the Oil 2 years ago. The legends have forsaken us.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They are down number one goalie and scorer…. Oilers have controlled play majority of the time. If they don’t win this series it will be because they beat themselves
That's just it.

Winning the Cup is an intense test of character

The big threat here is that the Oilers feel they roasted the Nucks last game and now that team is minus Boeser, and no hope of Demko coming. Oh, and the Oilers cracked open Silovs

This is a perfect recipe for lazy over-confidence, and for the opposite from Vancouver

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Will the officials try to be the "great evener"?
Who cares we have dominated the Canucks PP with r pk. In all honesty if I was knoblach I would tell the guys to take a penalty where the Canucks have to much pressure to regain momentum off r Penalty kill kinda like hack a Shaq

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I’m guessing you’ve never played in a game 7
No, but I've seen over and over how huge a factor sports psychology is. The Canucks losing Boeser is a lot more than losing a stat machine like in a video game

For instance I'm sure the Canucks will be inspired to win it for Boeser.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It’s game 7, you really think ‘lazy over-confidence’ is an issue here?
This gang has shown a penchant for being tentative/ complacent, not starting the game right at puck drop numerous times this season and even seasons past. It seems that sometimes they don’t get engaged until they’ve had a few questionable goals get scored on them and the hole is dug. It’s its hard to shake the feeling.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
No, but I've seen over and over how huge a factor sports psychology is. The Canucks losing Boeser is a lot more than losing a stat machine like in a video game

For instance I'm sure the Canucks will be inspired to win it for Boeser.
Most guys are shitting bricks, even if they don’t say so.
Shouldn’t they be inspired for Demko too? Lol
Game 7 anything can happen and usually does, over-confidence doesn’t exist.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This gang has shown a penchant for being tentative/ complacent, not starting the game right at puck drop numerous times this season and even seasons past. It seems that sometimes they don’t get engaged until they’ve had a few questionable goals get scored on them and the hole is dug. It’s its hard to shake the feeling.
Plus I don't think it's all about desire. I don't see why they would make sure to show up for game 7, but not show up in game 5 and get pushed to the brink of elimination.

Reactions: brentashton

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
From an Oilers point of view we should completely disregard the Brock story. Don’t get too high cause they’re down a player, don’t give them too much sympathy cause it’s a health issue (Brock will be fine anyways, blood cots are welll handled by medical science). Just treat it like non-news and come out and play our game.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Sure, doesn’t sound like over-confidence though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But theres never enough sample of game 7's by any one team to ever really know how any team responds under the adversity of them. While age old thought would posit that experience is a deciding factor in such games I don't know that theres ever been evidenced based substantiation of the same.

Another train of thought is that best players decide game 7's. This would be something I believe in but I don't know if accurate.

What we know is that after the first period we will have some idea, after the 2nd period we will have somewhat more and after the final whistle we will know unless......I don't even want to mention and will avoid using the word..

In short no predictions for game 7's. If I was a betting man of course I pick the Oilers. As an Oilers fan I pick the Oilers. But as stated theres a reason you play the game.

it really does seem though that the NHL planned all along for this series to take up the 7th game Monday slot with no other games on the menu. I do wonder a lot about scripting of such in pro sports. Theres too much money in gate and revenue and advertising not to do it.

just thinking out loud

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
0/8 on the PP the past two games. No way the worlds best PP will be shut out a third straight game
Yeh PP1 is due for huge game 7. Thought they looked fine in game 6, generated plenty just couldn’t bury one. Game 5 we looked disjointed. Neither game showed the true quality of our PP, we’ll see it in Game 7.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Sure, doesn’t sound like over-confidence though.
If we are using terms like complacent, then it's splitting hairs. I mostly agree with TheNumber4 that we need totally disregard the Boeser thing. The reason that is the important and mature thing is because it is a trap where it is a distraction that might get into the head of the team in some way.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
It can become that if you feel that the opponent has lost a key member. A type of “sit back, we got this”, attitude. Right?
Maybe in a game 1 or 2, but after getting beat 3 times and heading for a game 7 I don’t buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad