Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
They might win tomorrow, but after tonight they don't deserve to. They deserve to lose and spend all summer thinking about their lack of a killer instinct and their over reliance on game 7 being at the garden.

The Rangers best players need to be the best players, instead of mostly disappointing. And, despite the 3 secondary assists, Nash needs to score. If he is a no show tomorrow and the Rangers bow out, he will pretty much cement his reputation with the fans and it will turn ugly.

BarbaraAlphanse

NooooOOOOooo!!! Hockeybased said we've won everytime he's made the PGT.

:amazed::amazed::amazed::(

WeWillWin2nite11

Apr 29, 2014
New Jersey
I said to every one i know after game 5 we had zero chance in game 6 and would win game 7. I did not expect this disaster but still feel good about tomorrow, what concerns me though is those numbers they showed about Henrik in these situations; take the lead in series, next game something like 0-11 and an 850 save percentage more then 3 allowed per game. You can't tell me in all 11 games the team in front of him played horribly all 11 times. Those numbers are disgusting, now I expect nothing less then for him to come out, embrace the situation tomorrow night and be stellar, but what gives with this? when do we need to start blaming him more? Why cant we ever win when the other team needs a win more then we do

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
For the underwhelming players, namely Nash and Lundqvist, tomorrow is time for redemption.

Lundqvist needs to finally go into god mode. No more excuses, I don't care how bad the defense is. I don't care if it's not his fault. He needs to play like a man possessed.

For Nash, he needs to play as if it's against CBJ. Like the last minute in game 4. Do it every shift. He needs to look deep inside and say I'm tired of this and go out there and dominate. No matter how tightly the D is checking him, he has the talent. He needs to score and lead us to a win.

If these two show up with their best, we win, simple as that.

That said, after tonight, I'm very pessimistic about Game 7.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Even if we get wrecked by Pitt next round, I want to beat Philly tomorrow just so their neanderthal fans and players have their season ended.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I don't have all that much faith in us winning this after the last game, nor do I have that much faith in Hank stealing it for us if needed.

Tbh, I'd rather see Cam in nets. Yep, I said it. Hank has been fighting it all season on and off. He's not our go-to saviour this year. Maybe he will be again next year, I sure hope so. And I do realize it's on everyone.

WeWillWin2nite11

Apr 29, 2014
New Jersey
When I saw those numbers he had in the 11 previous losses starting a game with a lead in a series, for a minute I thought to myself what if they did start Talbot.... we would never know, it obv is not the right thing to do but interesting thought

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I've been overly confident about the Rangers before game 6. No more of that. I'll go full apocalypse mode with this post. Don't take it too seriously, I'm just trying to ban any negativity that could possibly surround this team into my posts. If anyone has a shot at this it's me. I'm from Vienna and we drink negativity with our tap water. Lets go.

The only hope I have left for this team is Mats Zuccarello staring his own teammates down one by one, so they'll accept him as their alpha-male and do exactly as he says.

First off, let's start with the elephant in the Room. Hank. He continues to get outplayed by goalies who make a fraction of his salary. Neuvirth. A back then scrubby version of Varlamov. Holtby. Anderson came damn close. Ancient Marty Brodeur. Now Steve Mason, who was out of the NHL with one and a half feet, if Holmgren hadn't been desperate. I'd rather start Talbot. He didn't give up a single goal last game.

Then our defense. No one can finish a hit, no one can contribute anything offensively. That's a department the Flyers are better, offensive defensemen. Timonen, Streit. That's a dimension of offnese the Rangers just don't have. We're also getting outmuscled by the Flyers' attackers. Say what you will about Stu Bickel, but his bench sitting skills took us to the ECF. McDonagh hasn't been playing well at all this series. Stralman had his weaknesses. Klein and Moore can't get the puck out of our end.

And now the biggest trainwreck, our forwards. First, there's Rick "I think I've played well in the playoffs" Nash. I can't wait for the day where we either trade this lazy bum or when his contract runs out. Then there's Marty "oh noes, so heartbreak with Stevie" St. Louis, who hasn't done much in blue. Then there's Brad Richards, who's basically a surefire buyout at this point, but is no doubt gonna get hurt badly in this game (which by the way will be the last this season for the Rangers). Then Derek "I'm bold enough to hold out here a little longer" Stepan. What a joke of a season he's had. Brassard is invisible in the playoffs, Miller isn't gonna sniff the NHL anytime soon, Carl Hagelin is a headless chicken and Benoit Pouliot is back to his early-season ways. Boyle can't skate, Fast isn't toff enoff, Dom Moore looks creepy, Derek Dorsett is an idiot and Carcillo is ugly. So there's that.

But it doens't stop here. Vigneault is too occupied with chewing gum to make any adjustmenst during the game, let alone the series. Arniel (along with Nash, Brassard and Moore) brought the Blue Jackets losing mentality with him, and Samuelsson focuses on being swedish.

Our GM is a joke, anyone knows that, so I won't discuss it here. Then there's our drafting, which sucks as well. We could've had Tarasenko people, TARASENKO! Dolan doesn't know **** about hockey either.

This franchise is doomed, the picks we traded to Tampa will turn into modern era Orr and modern era Gretzky. Book it.

The game ends 6-1 Flyers, btw. ZUccarello with our only goal, Hank gets pulled after 8 minutes. Philly is going to be up 4-0 at that point.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I would love to hear the Garden BOO Nash everytime he touches the puck. Maybe that will wake him up into trying.

WeWillWin2nite11

Apr 29, 2014
New Jersey
before game 6 I was convinced we were better than the flyers and was almost puzzled we lost 2 games in the series, after this disaster tonight I am not too sure anymore,

NYRANGERAMI*

Rangers win game 7. They will not disappoint. Especially at home...... Have ye no faith?...LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad