Pre-Game Talk: Game 7 | Pens vs. Stars #HockeyFightsCancer

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Yeah this is just stupid. Did MJ decide to completely change the system during the last 2 practices? I don't see why Sprong missing 2 practices should stop him from playing tonight. MJ might be worse than Bylsma.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The Pens and their media partners are a very powerful propaganda machine.
There are not enough knowledgable fans out there to provide resistance.

It is what it is.

DKs site is actually a great example. It was much smaller when part of Trib, fewer commenters, more who actually knew a little bit. I didn't mind going there and commenting.

Now it is literally Pravda.

A real shame.

Pravda means "truth" in Russian, so either you are saying that DKs site is actually the truth, or you don't know what "literally" means... :laugh:

And yes, I am aware you were trying to refer to the Russian newspaper named "Pravda". Given the lack of Cyrillic on DKs' site, I'm confident in saying it isn't "literally" that newspaper, either.
Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. I'd be fine with the evolution of the language if "literally" wasn't being used to mean the opposite of the definition of "literally"... and there were another word to replace it.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Pravda means "truth" in Russian, so either you are saying that DKs site is actually the truth, or you don't know what "literally" means... :laugh:

And yes, I am aware you were trying to refer to the Russian newspaper named "Pravda". Given the lack of Cyrillic on DKs' site, I'm confident in saying it isn't "literally" that newspaper, either.
Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. I'd be fine with the evolution of the language if "literally" wasn't being used to mean the opposite of the definition of "literally"... and there were another word to replace it.

Dude first, don't post in WHITE it's hard to read.

I speak Russian and I know what Pravda means.

However if YOU don't know that using the term "Pravda" as a reference to propaganda, I.e. Dis-information, or NOT TRUTH, if you will, and that I used the term "literally"'in an ironic way to poke fun at DK's site, then I LITERALLY don't know what to tell you.

Seriously, chill.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
One would think we would still be in full Kessel lovefest round these parts... the Pens are awful at hyping the right player (insert Craig "ironman" Adams pic in here)

a lil babby

Aug 19, 2011

this post literally gave me AIDs, the sexually transmitted disease

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It didn't use to be this way, right? I remember watching the high-powered Penguins of the 90s and I certainly can't remember repeated media love-fests for Joe Dziedzic and Mike Needham.

Then again, there was Ian Moran.

chrisp200

Aug 15, 2011
Duper is a high end bottom 6 guy, always has been. when we were stuck with slower less effective wingers, he is fine as a top 6 guy. he doesnt really have the scoring touch of a real top 6 guy, but he makes up for it with effort and speed.

Like I said... if we ran

---------_Crosby_--------
Sprong-_______-Kessel
---------_Malkin_--------
Perron-_______-Hornqvist

Plotnikov-Bonino-Bennett

------- __Fehr__----------
Duper-________-Kunitz
---------_Crosby_--------

Where crosby took shifts with the 4th line, malkin took shifts with the Kessel line, and Fehr took shifts with the 3rd line at times, i'd be ok with that. Double shift Crosby and malkin...

I like this, and as a Graphic Designer, I must say this is a nice visual. I think MJ could even understand it.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It started with game 1 of the season. :laugh:

Penguins gonna Penguin.

The bizarre thing is Mario and Burkle called the team out for not going with youth in their interview with DK. I'm surprised they're ok with the way Johnston has continued that trend.

I wish they were a little more hands on. I know Mario watches a ton of the games and you can see sometimes from his body language that he's at times disgusted with the Pens. But it's also very much Mario to internalize all of that and not say anything. I think Mario has extremely strong opinions on how to run the team but he's content to let the coaches/gms do what they want for the most part because as much as he has his opinions he's unwilling to step in and cause drama. That isn't Mario's way.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I miss bylsma., at least he always had geno and sid over 100 points, johnstons system is boring

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
League scoring among stars is down. Ill sacrifice a few points if they have good defensive habits when the games matter as well.

Sid and Malkin were coming back deep in their own end Tuesday and it was beautiful to watch. Especially since they also dominated the game.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
League scoring among stars is down. Ill sacrifice a few points if they have good defensive habits when the games matter as well.

Sid and Malkin were coming back deep in their own end Tuesday and it was beautiful to watch. Especially since they also dominated the game.

Pssht. No way. Benn is on pace for 136pts ;)

I kid. I kid.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Theyve always have though. Especially crosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad