GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Knies/Tavares/Nylander has played well, and so has Bert/Domi/Marner.
Matthews can still hit 20 mins a game (give him the odd offensive zone draw with one of those lines) and give the Bruins something to worry about on our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines.
Absolutely.
Get your best out there as often as you can. Shifts for 88 34 16 on the fourth line….stack when possible…

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I love how Luke Schenn has become the defining face of toughness in the Dubas era all of a sudden. Still remember what people were saying about him on the eve of reacquiring him. Just here as a 7th defenseman, not fit to play with Rielly, etc.

I cared about his actual play... Rielly/Schenn were on the ice for 9 goals for and 2 against while driving play.

Weirdly, you make things up like your first sentence just to try to fit a narrative you want.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
For who Brodie? Lol. Edmundson has been just fine.

I mean, keep him in because you've been winning... but the 3rd pairing has been bad all playoffs and he's been the constant (Liljegren and Brodie have been bad too).

I don't have an answer, we have like 5 #6D right now.

I wish we went after someone a little better at the deadline, but with the personnel not, it is a lot of the same if you move him out.

Are you this clueless intentionally just to troll people or are you actually serious?

Can you point to anything statistically where he has been good? Is it the "just trust me, I saw it and I know hockey"

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I cared about his actual play... Rielly/Schenn were on the ice for 9 goals for and 2 against while driving play.

Weirdly, you make things up like your first sentence just to try to fit a narrative you want.

Considering that Edmundson and friends have allowed 2 goals in the last 8 periods including that Geekie goal with 0.1 seconds of play, I’d say any nitpick on defensive and physical play and comparisons to last year’s team is not is not about what’s happening on the ice whatsoever. We haven’t seen this level of tight playoff defense from the Leafs since probably the Philly series in 1999.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

1714840180357.png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Considering that Edmundson and friends have allowed 2 goals in the last 7 periods including that Geekie goal with 0.1 seconds of play, I’d say any nitpick on defensive and physical play and comparisons to last year’s team is not is not about what’s happening on the ice whatsoever. We haven’t seen this level of tight playoff defense from the Leafs since probably the Philly series in 1999.

The series is 2 games long?

Does your goldfish-like memory not go back 3 games ago when TJ Brodie was plugged in and was the worst defensemen on the ice by a country mile?

Good lord some of the stuff a guy sees around here.

Glad we have more D than Brodie...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The series is 2 games long?

Glad we have more D than Brodie...
Oh really, so we're gonna pull the physical D who's been on the ice for basically 1 GA in the last 7 periods as referenced in the post above yours in favor of giving Grandpa Giordano or Timmins their playoff debut (this late in the series)? All for some benign reasoning that you've really never made clear in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Oh really, so we're gonna pull the physical D who's been on the ice for basically 1 GA in the last 7 periods as referenced in the post above yours in favor of giving Grandpa Giordano or Timmins their playoff debut (this late in the series)? All for some benign reasoning that you've really never made clear in the first place.

Once again, there have been more than 2 games played in this series.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I only want him to play if he's 100%. It's so Leafy to dominate the last two games, only to shit the bed when the big star comes back from injury. I really hope they don't sacrifice their grind game we've seen.

You don't sit out your 69 goal scorer unless he absolutely cannot play. The choice is pretty easy between him and whoever is in the bottom lines.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I only want him to play if he's 100%. It's so Leafy to dominate the last two games, only to shit the bed when the big star comes back from injury. I really hope they don't sacrifice their grind game we've seen.
I too am a bit concerned. Keep the winning formula to finish out the series

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
You don't sit out your 69 goal scorer unless he absolutely cannot play. The choice is pretty easy between him and whoever is in the bottom lines.
Why mess with a formula that has been working? Other than game 2, he hasn't really been a factor. I would rather him be 100% than him at 70%.

Edit: As I said above, I could be entertained having a 70% Matthews on the third line and keep the top 2 lines and 4th line the same. But I don't think Keefe would do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad