GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
If which I doubt Matthews were available.

Knies Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Domi Marner
Holmberg Tavares Robertson
Dewar Kampf Jarnkrok

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
5-2, 3x Willy, 1x Rielly, 1x Domi... The Bruins will be up 2-0 after 40 minutes.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
There’s our boy out for the morning skate….

IMG_1622.jpeg

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lol why does everyone want our lines to stay the same or matthews playing on the third line? We have barely scored goals. That cant last or we will lose at some point. No one is generating offence.

Knies/Tavares/Nylander has played well, and so has Bert/Domi/Marner.
Matthews can still hit 20 mins a game (give him the odd offensive zone draw with one of those lines) and give the Bruins something to worry about on our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines.

Reactions: aingefan

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Knies/Tavares/Nylander has played well, and so has Bert/Domi/Marner.
Matthews can still hit 20 mins a game (give him the odd offensive zone draw with one of those lines) and give the Bruins something to worry about on our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines.
Yeah I dont agree with that personally. I think you could break up either line easily for our best player.

Im good with him going back with domi OR replacing JT. Push JT to third line with jarnkork

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
McMann potentially being ready for next round if the Leafs win is massive.

Let's see if AM plays tonight.

Reactions: fahad203

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah I dont agree with that personally. I think you could break up either line easily for our best player.

Im good with him going back with domi OR replacing JT. Push JT to third line with jarnkork

You are numbering lines but any one of them can be 1st/2nd/3rd.

I'd argue any line with Matthews is the first line.

Matthews will likely be over 20 mins a night no matter what line he plays on.

Who is Boston putting out against each line if Matthews runs his line and the other two stay the same?

Those are the exact plays that should be called. A clear penalty that leads directly to a scoring chance.

Should... they set the standard, I just expect them to be consistent, and that call was far from a normal call.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Honestly if Matthews is ready, I don’t touch the top six…

Bertuzzi - Domi - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Nylander

Both lines have been flying out there. Not to mention I doubt Matthews is already back at 100%, probably close and wants to get back in the lineup due to it being the playoffs.

I would leave the fourth line Dewar, Kampf and Jarnkrok as they can be used as a shutdown line.

I would slot Matthews next to Robertson and Gregor or Holmberg. It would have been nice if McMann was ready to play with those two.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It was 100% deliberate pick. There was no other reason for Justin Holl to skate into that ice.

Tampa player had no ownership of that ice. Why Holl moves there is irrelevant. It’s a straight line movement, no change of trajectory. They simply moved into the same ice. If Holl had changed his route to the same result then it’s a penalty, but that wasn’t the case.

Last edited:

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I wish Jankrok would provide more a little more offensively.

Not that he's a key player or anything, but he does have decent talent for a bottom six guy. He hasn't looked dangerous at all in this series. Then again, he has five career playoff goals in 92 games... ugh.

I'm just saying: this series is low-scoring and one goal from a guy like him or Connor Dewar might make all the difference.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So we agree? It was the correct call.... and not "an even worse call" than you remember?

It depends if you mean correct by the standards the refs apply or the rulebook.

If you mean by the rulebook, then likely yes, and if they called games like that, we'd never play 5v5.

If you mean by how the refs interpret and apply the rule book, no, it is not the correct call.

So maybe we agree.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Not sure we are scoring 5 goals in the 3rd period. Goals have been hard to come by.
We can't even score 5 goals in two consecutive games total. We're going to have to keep to the strong defensive structure and let Woll do his thing. We don't want a barn burner in Boston just play hard and get another good road win.

Be real gud pros !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad