Post-Game Talk: Game 7 - DISASTER - B's blow a 3 goal lead twice and lose to Buffalo 5-4 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
22550150_10213436468798861_8632698878381196936_o.jpg

Ym1rxbZ.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY SUMMARY

FACE OFF SUMMARY

TOI - BRUINS

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

22712523_10213435622217697_6193830480909678543_o.jpg

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
That was gross. They fell asleep. Didn’t deserve it

Reactions: StrBender

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I love this team, I think they have a great future, but holy shit do they have a lot of work to do.

Every game is a roller coaster, but it always ends up off the rails.

Reactions: Wack Edwards

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Pathetic. The first half of the game was so freaking exciting. Obviously there's a bunch of injuries but they've got to hold on against this Buffalo team.

If Rask isn't ready McIntyre has to get the start Thursday, right? Khudobin has looked so shaky these last 2 games. Just all kinds of rebounds

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I love this team, I think they have a great future, but holy **** do they have a lot of work to do.

Every game is a roller coaster, but it always ends up off the rails.

This is the gist of it right here.

We should absolutely be excited. But people should be realistic and understand that this team needs a lot of fine tuning.

Reactions: BMC

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Buffalo earned the win, and should have won during regulation.

The Bs sure missed Quaider and Killer during the second half of the game.

I was miffed at Bergy during overtime when he dumped the puck for a line change. They should never voluntarily give up possession during OT; it’s too hard to get the puck back 3 on 3.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Once again, no fear by the zebras to put a good screwing on the Bruins in Boston.

Forget fear. They love it.

Totally jobbed on the interference. Run into the defender and flop.

But no guts to call the penalty that that forced the McAvoy turnover in OT. We never really got possession again.

And the cherry on top...the foregone conclusion of "we have a good goal."

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dobby is what he is, a lower tier back up. You can't play like that in front of him. Stop thinking that the 4 good games last season are more accurate than his play over the last few years.

And I'm not that impressed with the coaching tonight when the team just seemed to spiral out of control more and more as the game went on.

Yeah, they are certainly banged up but that was a very winnable game and they ****ed up.

Reactions: wintersej

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Goal shouldn't have counted but Marchand PP goal was a soft call too...

Khudobin sucks. Subban wouldn't be much worse and hihis potential would be better.

mattw4466

Jan 15, 2014
Krug, defensively, is a serious problem. Mcavoy also makes a handful of glaringly bad mistakes during games.....his hands are terrible, it looks like he's juggling a hand grenade out there.

Reactions: Bun cook

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Beleskey shouldn't even play. Heinen was the right guy to play tonight. He should have been recalled as soon as Krejci was hurt. I suspect he will be here on Monday if Krejci is still ailing.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Krug, defensively, is a serious problem. Mcavoy also makes a handful of glaringly bad mistakes during games.....his hands are terrible, it looks like he's juggling a hand grenade out there.

McAvoy has definitely had his share of mishandled pucks thus far.

These are the growing pains.

Ups and downs within the games themselves.
More up tempo, high flying style.

More likely to get chances, but more likely to give them up as well.

Strap yourselves in.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They should have won this, injuries or not. They were up by three goals. I said it multiple times already but I would have called a timeout in the third when they really started falling apart.

Dobby makes me nervous. I don't think he ever won't make me nervous.

Kids had some brain farts. And then there was Krug. Love him, but that was awful tonight. Wonder how much that jaw and the helmet protection have affected his game.

Fortunate to get a point but almost didn't even get that when we should have had two.

It's a long way to Thursday....:confused:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
- No 60min effort. They stopped playing after the 4th goal. They looked like a team that thought they had the game won and were just going through the motions to get their 4 days off until Thursday.
- Khudobin can't make a save or hold on to the puck.
- Krug had a horrible game.
- Beleskey and Backes were invisible. I thought Beleskey had enough heart and fight to turn it around this season, but he has proved me wrong. I'm more mad about Backes so far this season. I understand he's been diagnosed with diverticulitis, but for someone who makes $6M, you expect a lot more from him.
- If I was Cassidy, I would bag skate them until Thursday. Horrible showing at home up by 3 goals against a team faced with injuries like Buffalo. They continue to play down to their opponents.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Buffalo earned the win, and should have won during regulation.

The Bs sure missed Quaider and Killer during the second half of the game.

I was miffed at Bergy during overtime when he dumped the puck for a line change. They should never voluntarily give up possession during OT; it’s too hard to get the puck back 3 on 3.

Totally agree, nothing wrong with dropping it back to Khudobin there. That said, I didn’t have a good feeling about their chances in OT. They weren’t generating any offense at all.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I agree with most things already said in this thread, I would also like to add that imo, Krug is very accountable for the last 2 goals.
On the tying goal he flops, gets down on the ice, and makes in harder for Khudobin to save it. It also directs off his leg and in...
The deciding goal, I feel like it's a 50/50 situation. Krug does push the Buffola player, and since the ref calls it the way he does, it's on Krug.
He needs to be smarter.

Reactions: Bun cook

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Missed almost the whole game, but missing 6 regulars, wow, that's difficult to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad