GDT: [Game #69 (nice)] Dallas Stars @ Edmonton Oilers – 8:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #69 (nice) – 3/16/2023 – 8:00 PM CT – BSSW
Rogers Place

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Edmonton Oilers
37-18-13, 87 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 37-23-8, 82 pts

1em5YM3.png

bP5Lryw.jpg
AIgafjm.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:edmonton

Kane - McDavid - Yamamoto
Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kostin - Bjugstad - Janmark
Shore - McLeod - Ryan

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also can we just take a moment to acknowledge how f***ing insane McDavid is this season

This is the single best season we've witnessed since Lemieux in the mid 90s

And arguably the best by anyone not named Wayne or Mario

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
PDB has gone off the deep end on this, Nill is going to need to step in before the playoffs

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Someone please give me a reason he's sitting

and not the bullshit about "he knows why", Pete
Because you can't have 2 defensemen playing through their mistakes and Suter has the Cachet to not sit

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Someone please give me a reason he's sitting

and not the bullshit about "he knows why", Pete
DeBoer doesn't trust him. It's that simple.

And it's not just a rookie thing. He has other rookies playing in the lineup. He just doesn't trust Lundkvist, and if he doesn't trust him now to play only somewhat meaningful games in March, then we can say for sure Lundkvist is going to be scratched the second the post season starts.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

And it's not just a rookie thing. He has other rookies playing in the lineup. He just doesn't trust Lundkvist, and if he doesn't trust him now to play only somewhat meaningful games in March, then we can say for sure Lundkvist is going to be scratched the second the post season starts.

We in the biz call that BAD ASSET MANAGEMENT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
We in the biz call that BAD ASSET MANAGEMENT
Knowing what we know now about the Stars wanting to win now because of so many guys having good seasons, this trade is looking like a mistake. The first round pick would have been more useful as a trade chip for a d-man at the deadline to acquire a guy DeBoer would actually play.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Knowing what we know now about the Stars wanting to win now because of so many guys having good seasons, this trade is looking like a mistake. The first round pick would have been more useful as a trade chip for a d-man at the deadline to acquire a guy DeBoer would actually play.
I was just going to say this. And really, at the start of the season no one knew if we were a top team or a wild card team or going to miss playoffs entirely. It could have ended up real bad if we had a bad season and missed the playoffs.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

It’s not the exact same, but this reminds me so much of the Honka deal.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
hindsight is always 20/20.

however, idk that the stars really went all in at the deadline to win now. i think the goal was to bolster their chances this year without sacrificing the next wave of talent. if you think of nils as part of that next wave, it could still turn out to be a perfectly fine trade.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Lundkvist is having trouble understanding the system, I think. He tries to anticipate where players are going to be and they aren't there. So I can see how it would benefit him to get a bird's eye view of the game for a little while so he can study his teammates' movements.

He's a mid term project anyway. The rental D man could have been had with other assets than the 2023 first (including Nils himself) if the right trade was out there.

Having said all that, I think at some point Nill needs to flip the switch and start prioritizing prime talent instead of long term assets.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
He paid a new price for a used car because he thought the value was there. It may be, but theres a big sunk cost you arent getting back if it isnt.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Can’t say I agree with you here but I understand wishing we had that 1st to make a more impactful deadline deal. Lundkvist fits the new core coming in perfectly and our organizational depth on RD was essentially non-existent. He’s still young and has tremendous upside. Way too early to put any kind of stamp on that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad