GDT: Game 69 (nice) | CBJ @ Vegas | 4 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We couldn’t possibly put Kent Johnson at center.
1679247170126.jpeg

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I’m all for trying Laine at center at this point in the season. I’d be surprised if it’s not a disaster but only good things can come from it. Either it is a disaster and helps the tank or we discover an unexpected hidden gem and it helps in the future.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Unbelievable. Literally unbelievable.

Forget Johnson. Foudy…Bemstrom…even Robinson at center would be better. And here I thought it was out of line to keep suggesting Boqvist at forward.

Also ironic/hilarious that it happens the game that Larsen is out. I guess this gives an actual reason to watch the game.

Forget the wins, forget the goals, nothing says ENTERTAINMENT more than Jeff Rimer play by play and Patrik Laine playing center, with or without Gaudreau and a poor skating Russian rookie as his wingers.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I've been curious to see this experiment for years. I totally agree with Vincent that he has all the center attributes

Reactions: Halberdier

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Perfect time to test it, we don't mind losing at the moment and he can practice the position without pressure on winning

Him and Tage Thompson are very similar players and Tage does ok as center. Laine needs faceoff practice though

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Forget Johnson. Foudy…Bemstrom…even Robinson at center would be better. And here I thought it was out of line to keep suggesting Boqvist at forward.

Also ironic/hilarious that it happens the game that Larsen is out. I guess this gives an actual reason to watch the game.

Forget the wins, forget the goals, nothing says ENTERTAINMENT more than Jeff Rimer play by play and Patrik Laine playing center, with or without Gaudreau and a poor skating Russian rookie as his wingers.
I’m shocked Foudy hasn’t had a look at C seeing that he was drafted as a C, and always had been a C. IIRC, Bemstrom was a C as well.

F it, I don’t even mind Laine at C. It might FORCE him to actually skate.

Reactions: thebus88 and VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I was very shocked too, but why immediately throw in the towel? The game will tell if it is a good idea or not.
Btw, Robinson and Foudy are more ideal on the wings where they can use their speed. I hope Kent plays center in the future (best still in this season), but we're playing Vegas tonight.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Perfect time to test it, we don't mind losing at the moment and he can practice the position without pressure on winning

Him and Tage Thompson are very similar players and Tage does ok as center. Laine needs faceoff practice though
Laine and Thompson ARE NOT similar players.

Reactions: Christien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad