1710640444293.png

1710640507207.png

1710640552146.png

1710640588091.png

1710640628032.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
How many leads are they gonna blow before they learn they can't take their foot off the gas and let teams attack them? Stop playing prevent defense every time you get to the 2nd half of the third period and are winning, it's not f***ing working.

Anyway, good win when all is said and done. Would be huge if they managed to hang onto home ice for the playoffs IMO.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
How many leads are they gonna blow before they learn they can't take their foot off the gas and let teams attack them? Stop playing prevent defense every time you get to the 2nd half of the third period and are winning, it's not f***ing working.

I don't understand why Monty dosen't call TO earlier to stem the tide. Torts did after it was 5-2 and the Flyers responded.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Someone needs to sage whatever has possessed Swayman as of late. I love him but it is time to ride Linus for the next few games while Sway works through things.

I agree. I also agree with your previous point about people going after you for "hating Swayman". I think some people here have seen some of the god awful takes about Tuukka in years past that any criticism directed to a goaltender is met with a bunch of piss and vinegar coming ready to defend them.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We can never do this easy, eh? Please. Before the playoffs, find that killer instinct and step on the throats on your opponents when you're leading. Not sitting back on the lead. Attack. Attack. Attack! Until the horn sounds. Please, I beg. It doesn't have to be this hard.

But happy for a win. Lots of players are playing well. Skating well. Fiery and feisty tonight. Keep it going! A win is a win, is a win!

You ALREADY know the drill!
giphy.gif

cue the music!

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
comments appreciated :laugh:

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Someone needs to sage whatever has possessed Swayman as of late. I love him but it is time to ride Linus for the next few games while Sway works through things.
Holy crap you just don’t stop. Swayman has won more games over the last 10 than Ullmark. The rotation is fine. It’s the defense and dealing with aggressive pressure that’s the problem. Goalies are playing basically the same over the last 10 for each. It isn’t them

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I don't understand why Monty dosen't call TO earlier to stem the tide. Torts did after it was 5-2 and the Flyers responded.
I've had the same thought, it feels so obvious. Like this team clearly is in their own head about protecting leads late, call a TO and get them settled.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Marchy still stuck at 399 even though he had about 5 golden opportunities tonight.
I remember how it seemed forever for YAZ to get his 3000th hit. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't take Marchy the same length of time for 400.
And I still believe Marchy is better on defense than offense.

Reactions: Forester65

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I agree. I also agree with your previous point about people going after you for "hating Swayman". I think some people here have seen some of the god awful takes about Tuukka in years past that any criticism directed to a goaltender is met with a bunch of piss and vinegar coming ready to defend them.
I love Swayman and I find it maddening that when you call him out for uncharacteristic mistakes you’re automatically pro Ullmark and have an agenda against Swayman. No, I want my goalies to play the way they typically play. It’s clear Sway is in a funk just like Linus was earlier this season. Nothing that can’t be fixed but you simply cannot ignore it any more.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Hopefully he'll fix it himself. I think it is a reflection of how long a season it is, and that every player will have their ups and downs. Better to get through it now and be sharp and hungry for wins in the playoffs.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Holy crap you just don’t stop. Swayman has won more games over the last 10 than Ullmark. The rotation is fine. It’s the defense and dealing with aggressive pressure that’s the problem. Goalies are playing basically the same over the last 10 for each. It isn’t them

I disagree. Swayman hasn't passed the eye test for me of late either, while Ullmark seems to be playing better but hasn't had good luck with collecting the W.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
f*** off. It’s ok to criticize the damn goalie when he’s in a funk. You can’t blame everyone else all the damn time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Definitely wasn’t sharp tonight but is Swayman even in a funk? Back to back off nights but I wouldn’t switch up rotating them. He was pretty damn good the 2 games prior to these past 2

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Got 2 points but good lord, keep your foot on the gas.

Anyway…
Bruins won, Leafs lost, Florida lost, and Alex Nylander scored his 7th goal in 11 games after Dubas traded him. Not a bad night.

Edit: 8th* goal

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad