GDT: Game 69: Avs @ Blues |Thursday, March 15th, 6 MT (ALTII)| Avs Inferno

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I heard the reason Stastny agreed to go Winnipeg was the Jets don't play Zadorov again this year.
giphy.gif

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
If we score first, I think we’ll win. If the Blues score first, we’re going to lose....bad.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I heard the reason Stastny agreed to go Winnipeg was the Jets don't play Zadorov again this year.
giphy.gif
What I love about that hit (and many other big ones Z has thrown on rushing players lately) is what happens immediately after with the puck. The play is immediately over and the Avs have possession. Z's decision making was perfect here, it's pointless to have a big body when you're using it recklessly and taking yourself out of the play. Yes, he fell down, but the puck was safe.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
What I love about that hit (and many other big ones Z has thrown on rushing players lately) is what happens immediately after with the puck. The play is immediately over and the Avs have possession. Z's decision making was perfect here, it's pointless to have a big body when you're using it recklessly and taking yourself out of the play. Yes, he fell down, but the puck was safe.

Hopefully this is a sign. There were two avs back checking hard as well as Barrie (?) and only two blues. Recognizing that you're teammates have you covered like that before making a huge hit is big. If the two avs we'ren't coming back, that puck ends up in the back of the net.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

9 of Z's 20 points have come when he plays 23+ minutes. 13 of his 20 points with 20 minutes. 4 points in his last 8 games.

Z has played 13 games this season with 23+ minutes.

Just thought that was interesting.

Reactions: Avs71 and cgf

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
HUGE game !! Come on Avs, you can do this !! Win this, and we'd be one solitary point behind the Caps who are presently 6th overall in the entire NHL. Hahahaha, how GOLD would that be guys n gals ?
What a season !!

That should be our goal. 6th or 7th overall by seasons end.

Don't look back, look forward.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's one of the things I love so much about Meloche. He's had times where he'd get out of control looking for the big hit, but that's an area he's made great progress in and is able to beat on players in the corners enough to be a presence even when big hits don't come to him.

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Z always plays better the more he plays.

Yeah that's the idea.

The last scoring stretch he had was 8 points in 11 games. 6 of those games he played over 23 minutes with 6 points (one two point night and one zero).

This is wishful thinking a bit too far ahead, but I wonder if we see a bit of an offensive breakout for him if he starts consistently playing 20+ through the end of this season and starts next year in a similar fashion.

I think hes been getting miss cast as a DFD around the league, and with some Avs fans.

So what you're saying is if we just let the Peacock fly, he'd be a 56 point dman? :naughty:

I'm saying it's not an impossible idea that there is still an offensive breakout waiting to happen lol.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Z has always had offensive talent at lower levels, it's definitely not inconceivable that he's got room to grow there. Just from the beginning of this season to now there's been a significant jump in his output.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Z ice time/points is a bit self fulfilling... Bednar throws him out there a lot when he is playing well, but reigns him back when he isn't. So naturally if he is having a crappy game, Bednar won't put him out there for 23 minutes. It isn't just a matter of giving Z 23 minutes regardless, it is more about using Z a lot when he is playing well.

Reactions: 5280

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Gon' lose. Avs have lost every single game that my dad and I have seen together this season and he's coming over tonight. Sorry guys.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Z ice time/points is a bit self fulfilling... Bednar throws him out there a lot when he is playing well, but reigns him back when he isn't. So naturally if he is having a crappy game, Bednar won't put him out there for 23 minutes. It isn't just a matter of giving Z 23 minutes regardless, it is more about using Z a lot when he is playing well.

So what you're saying is we should give zads 23+ minutes a night & enjoy watching our more defensively dominant Buff!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So what you're saying is we should give zads 23+ minutes a night & enjoy watching our more defensively dominant Buff!
Nah... not really. Z gets his minutes ratcheted up when he is playing well, and because he is playing well, he produces some offense. When Z is playing poorly, he also earns his lack of ice time and wouldn't produce even if given 30.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nah... not really. Z gets his minutes ratcheted up when he is playing well, and because he is playing well, he produces some offense. When Z is playing poorly, he also earns his lack of ice time and wouldn't produce even if given 30.

Debbie downer

@henchman24 If Z scores 10 goals this year you need to say something positive about him ok?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad