Post-Game Talk: Game 69 - A bad night in the Everglades - Sunrise Kitties 3 BRUINS 0 FINAL

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I hope Backes gets fined or suspended short term. Not that he deserves it, but because i could use a laugh after that train wreck of a game

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Ah yeah kinda knew this was coming. To many injuries to far to many key players in the lineup. I am okay losing some now for the long term health going into playoffs. a game every 2 days is tough enough but with the injury's and suspensions to marchy and Backes. this team has given it's all. now is the time to get healthy and if it means playing 500 hockey over the next 10 i am okay with it. This season has been beyond my expectations so lets cut some slack with key guys out.

Reactions: Budddy

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
060AAA5D-8E6F-4720-8334-E584AF76465F.jpeg
It's "Backes"

He plays for the team you cheer for.
Jim Backus ?!?!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
So it seems afterall that it's hard to win a game missing a boatload of your best players.

Still, not a great effort, but... meh.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That was rough. It's to be expected I guess but geesh. Play Blidh on Saturday. Call up a fast skater from Prov. We need some energy in there.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Reward some hard working guys with a few NHL game cheques and it will help the Bruins long term. reward there efforts and sacrifices with cash as they deserve it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This Atlantic Division race has a subplot that bares watching the final 3 weeks and that concerns Florida who wind up getting the second WC and meet Atlantic 1. The Panthers are the last team the Lightning want to face.

The makeup game with Florida that ends the season could be huge for both the Bruins and Panthers.

I don't think the injuries suffered in Carolina are that serious as neither player was sent home

Reactions: caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Torrey is up there with Krecji..

Pronunciation is one thing but if you post here, please learn how to spell players names correctly.

Other than the 4th line, the names are fairly easy to spell.

It’s nitpicky but it needed to be said.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I want them to return Blidh and bring up Czarnik for tomorrow’s game.

I don’t mind Postma but you can’t have Grizzy and Carlo as a pairing.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Grzelcyk and Carlo are a very good pairing. They handled the top 2 lines of the Panthers very well. I would be happy to see them stick together for a while.

Carlo played 20 minutes, his top 3 opponents were Yandle, Ekblad and Barkov and only let up 3 scoring chances the whole game. Thats impressive.
I agree that Grzelcyk and Carlo played very well. The pairing of Miller and Holden was just plain awful. I am not sure there is anything they can do about playing those two together, all I know is I hope we never have to play a playoff game with Holden and Miller as a pairing.

Reactions: maxbme

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I agree that Grzelcyk and Carlo played very well. The pairing of Miller and Holden was just plain awful. I am not sure there is anything they can do about playing those two together, all I know is I hope we never have to play a playoff game with Holden and Miller as a pairing.
They tried to re-create Chara-Seidenberg

I think you need to put Holden-Carlo Grizzy-Miller as the pairs against Tampa of Carlo-Grizzy could get burned badly.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Torrey is up there with Krecji..

Pronunciation is one thing but if you post here, please learn how to spell players names correctly.

Other than the 4th line, the names are fairly easy to spell.

It’s nitpicky but it needed to be said.
Spelling is something I struggle with so I have printed the roster and keep it near by if I am posting.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Spelling is something I struggle with so I have printed the roster and keep it near by if I am posting.
I actually put shortcuts in my phone especially for any of the new guys.

Doing the GDT’s also forced me to learn how to spell them correctly.

I still can’t spell Grizzy’s name correctly hence the use of his nickname lol.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Grzelcyk and Carlo are a very good pairing. They handled the top 2 lines of the Panthers very well. I would be happy to see them stick together for a while.

Carlo played 20 minutes, his top 3 opponents were Yandle, Ekblad and Barkov and only let up 3 scoring chances the whole game. Thats impressive.

Grzelcyk is better than Krug right now. Maybe a fully rested Krug is closer, but right now, Grzelcyk is significantly better in literally every single way - skating, decision making, overall defense, offensive zone contributions, power play.

Am I getting carried away? Nope. You are right now in response to this claim. If we can get the next expansion team to take both Krejci (mostly terrible again last night) and Krug, this team will be very very set contractually going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00