Post-Game Talk: GAME 68 - OLE, OLE, OLE - BRUINS 2 Poutineville 1 F/OT

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I really like this team. Easy to root for. Their size can cause some issues for some dirty goals in the play-offs. Liked the 29-52 pairing. Jake picking it up. Top 6 kinda locked in. Bottom 6 works their tail off most of the time. Start the play-offs now!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Isn't that Wallys car?

Pffftttt

IMG_2583.jpeg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have one distinct memory of the Boston/Montreal rivalry and it happened at a bar after a game.

Fans after a game at the Forum would wind up at Montreal's largest beer hall the Vieux Munich which featured a German oompa band on a revolving stage.

One night after Bruins/Habs game at the Forum we all go...........and then somebody yelled Southie Sucks. Chairs and tables started flying ( while the band played on ) and Montreal fans were aghast at this.

The drive from Boston to Montreal is an easy one compared to New York or Philly.

Back in 1968, my Mom resisted buying a Color TV as they were too expensive. Her sister pleaded with her as she would enjoy Gunsmoke and Lawrence Welk in color but she wouldn't budge.

She finally caved when the Bruins played Montreal in the 1968 playoffs.

I miss the rivalry.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Wish it was easier to find hit highlights, I'd love to see both of those clips

I think the puck went down for icing, if that helps. I know it was in the third because I went to the shop to put in some late night work and turned on the tv here as the period was starting. NESN replay of the game probably has it, but I never know when they have those up. I ponied up for the damn NESN 360 and I can't believe it doesn't have a record game function.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I just don’t seem to have the hate I used to for the Habs ,I guess because they haven’t played them in the playoffs for awhile,I also am retired so don’t work with any fans anymore.Really only know one fan now.Leafs have definitely taken over their spot in my hatred.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
One thing I also noticed in the first was the fact that they weren't letting up on guys. Often times players on the opposing team carry the puck behind their net and the Bruins player simply either does a drive by poke-check or they just kind of try wrapping them up. Last night I actually saw a couple green light hits where they took the body. Love seeing that.

When you give guys a rough ride, you're going to also draw some penalties either a roughing or some sort of retaliation. Wish they did it more, but I like what I saw last night for the most part.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not to get off topic but I realized last night the Bruins absolutely must find a way to keep those uniforms or at least something close to it. The bright gold shoulder yoke with the bright gold striping on the socks with the black helmet just pops on TV whereas the current (centennial) whites and the standard whites the past 15+ years the gold gets lost.

If it wasn't for the terrible things I've heard and seen about Fanatics products I'd consider buying one and I'm not normally a jersey guy but I seriously love those uniforms.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not to get off topic but I realized last night the Bruins absolutely must find a way to keep those uniforms or at least something close to it. The bright gold shoulder yoke with the bright gold striping on the socks with the black helmet just pops on TV whereas the current (centennial) whites and the standard whites the past 15+ years the gold gets lost.

If it wasn't for the terrible things I've heard and seen about Fanatics products I'd consider buying one and I'm not normally a jersey guy but I seriously love those uniforms.
It's a simple thing, but I just don't like the 1924 in the logo.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's a simple thing, but I just don't like the 1924 in the logo.

Me either. It's the only thing I'd change. If they bring it back next year (or future years), I'd prefer they use the current logo used on the two other centennials or even the modern spoked B from the past decade+ would be better.

Reactions: Gee Wally

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I just don’t seem to have the hate I used to for the Habs ,I guess because they haven’t played them in the playoffs for awhile,I also am retired so don’t work with any fans anymore.Really only know one fan now.Leafs have definitely taken over their spot in my hatred.
Let them sing nanana na or ole ole leading late in a playoff series and memories will come back fast :laugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Me either. It's the only thing I'd change. If they bring it back next year (or future years), I'd prefer they use the current logo used on the two other centennials or even the modern spoked B from the past decade+ would be better.
Meth bear belongs on shoulder :D:naughty:

I'm holding out until these come back at some capacity. My favorite jersey ever...

View attachment 836526
These are best ever Sheppy ..least to me.

Reactions: BruinDust

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ditto, I have a blank one I wear to hockey every Sunday, love the look of these
I have one of those knock off Bourque jerseys, It actually looks fantastic compared to some abominations I have seen, haha.

We did the Jagr's as a pond hockey team like 8-9 years ago and two of the jerseys showed up with the wrong color. The NYR logo on the Flames jersey and the Captials on a Penguins jersey, haha

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad