GDT: Game #68 - Oilers host Kings @ 7:30pm MT - Going Fishing for 2nd Place in the Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
With a Regulation Win tonight, the Oilers will move into 2nd Place in the Pacific.

Let’s go catch it Boys!

DD6B24EF-E701-4B55-8F0F-A89361ABAD3F.gif

0B6973AD-9695-4249-B9AC-C096AA0619A5.gif
0D6FCBED-4EAD-4A03-A0CF-9B79282CFCE4.gif
A54A97BA-59A3-4C30-A69E-14FB50FEDB36.gif
FBA31E79-4B5B-4174-81C0-B9AFD5EFA552.gif
1E1CA255-99B6-4098-8F1A-7545151A3388.gif
4AC3A301-F515-4CB2-AF25-6397305C863C.gif
1A16D553-C884-4188-A3A3-0194BCCCE273.gif
E25D7A8B-1C80-4FE6-8A30-7DBB95A00DB8.gif
A57E6DBB-0E5F-4DF1-A54F-830F8163EA31.gif

KINGS (36-23-9) at OILERS (37-25-5)

9:30 p.m. ET; SN1, SNW, TVAS, BSW, ESPN+, NHL LIVE

Oilers projected lineup

Evander Kane -- Connor McDavid -- Jesse Puljujarvi

Zach Hyman -- Leon Draisaitl -- Kailer Yamamoto

Derick Brassard -- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins -- Josh Archibald

Warren Foegele -- Ryan McLeod -- Derek Ryan

Darnell Nurse -- Cody Ceci

Duncan Keith -- Evan Bouchard

Brett Kulak -- Tyson Barrie

Mikko Koskinen

Mike Smith

Scratched: Devin Shore, Zack Kassian

Injured: Kyle Turris (upper body)

COVID-19 protocol: Kris Russell

Kings projected lineup

Alex Iafallo -- Anze Kopitar -- Adrian Kempe

Trevor Moore -- Phillip Danault -- Viktor Arvidsson

Gabriel Vilardi -- Quinton Byfield -- Rasmus Kupari

Carl Grundstrom -- Lias Andersson -- Arthur Kaliyev

Tobias Bjornfot -- Sean Durzi

Olli Maatta -- Troy Stecher

Jacob Moverare -- Alexander Edler

Jonathan Quick

Cal Petersen

Scratched: Austin Strand, Jordan Spence

Injured: Blake Lizotte (upper body), Matt Roy(lower body), Dustin Brown (upper body), Andreas Athanasiou (upper body), Drew Doughty (upper body), Mikey Anderson (upper body), Brendan Lemieux (lower body)

Last edited:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Nice fishing sequences!

As for the game...one of many must win games in the next weeks.
But at home against a weakened LA team this has to somehow end in a win...don't care how just win.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Was Kassian a HS last game? I ended up watching the game on replay late and barely stayed awake until the end. I know that he didn't play, but was it injury related or a message being sent from Woodcroft?

Reactions: tardigrade81

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Damn Kassian a double healthy scratch?
What the heck happened to him? Not that he's an all-star or anything, but in a limited role I thought he could be very effective.

It's an honest question, I am not following very much this season, but this surprises me. If you would have asked me some months ago I would have him at bottom 6 RW over Archie and Ryan.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
What the heck happened to him? Not that he's an all-star or anything, but in a limited role I thought he could be very effective.

It's an honest question, I am not following very much this season, but this surprises me. If you would have asked me some months ago I would have him at bottom 6 RW over Archie and Ryan.

He doesn't play on special teams and he doesn't score. Archi throws bigger hits and PKs.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

He just seems lazy and maybe playing safe. He certainly isn't initiating any physical involvement so most shifts he's just floating... never out of position, but always a half a step behind

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He doesn't play on special teams and he doesn't score. Archi throws bigger hits and PKs.
Just for clarity Kassian has identical EV Pts/60 this season than Yamamoto, Foegele. Kassian also has less EV GA. I mean Yama has been glued to topsix all season and he's got the same pts production rate Kass has in bottomsix. Think about that a moment.

Hits? Kass has the most hits of any forward on this club despite having played only 44games. In terms of hits/60 EV Kass has almost twice as high a rate of hits than anybody on the team.

But lets get back to the scheduled "Zach does nothing ever but float around" and "deserves" to be scratched in the two games after the team were "a bunch of p***yes" in the Calgary BOA.

I dunno. Seems like Zach takes the fall for the collective team lack of toughness in a game in which he had 4 hits and was EV and had an assist. Kass even fought the first game after removing his face shield.

But hey, his reward for that is being repeatedly healthy scratched. Seems just like it landed on him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Just for clarity Kassian has identical EV Pts/60 this season than Yamamoto, Foegele. Kassian also has less EV GA. I mean Yama has been glued to topsix all season and he's got the same pts production rate Kass has in bottomsix. Think about that a moment.

Hits? Kass has the most hits of any forward on this club despite having played only 44games. In terms of hits/60 EV Kass has almost twice as high a rate of hits than anybody on the team.

But lets get back to the scheduled "Zach does nothing ever but float around" and "deserves" to be scratched in the two games after the team were "a bunch of p***yes" in the Calgary BOA.

I dunno. Seems like Zach takes the fall for the collective team lack of toughness in a game in which he had 4 hits and was EV and had an assist. Kass even fought the first game after removing his face shield.

But hey, his reward for that is being repeatedly healthy scratched. Seems just like it landed on him.
Kassian has 3 points in his last 18 games, which incidentally is the last game he scored in. If you want to stretch it back even further he has 7 points (2 goals, 5 assists) in his last 28 games. He's a non-factor most nights. If he hits players it sure doesn't feel like it makes any impact. I've seen firsthand what Kassian can do, but most nights he chooses to float and maybe make the odd hit. He got paid and now he's just living out his contract. A classic Holland blunder.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
@Ginger Papa

Is this called the Will Smith???
1648651612551.gif

….also this is a must try game!!! My PB is 54 KM. The highest I’ve heard of is 77KM.

PRO TIP***. Turn your phone sideways!

Last edited:

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
is this true? win tonight and we clinch? A look at the standings I don't see how a win tonight clinches
I moreso mean IMO. We would have 5 points on Vegas with the same amount of GP. I don't think they'll be catching us as we'll be competing for 2nd in the div at that point and not a wildcard.

Barring a big collapse

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Michael Bunting plays 1000x more aggressive than Kassian. Kassian is just there. Plays like he's some Gretzky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad