GDT: Game 67: Tank Bowl 3:00pm NBCSCA

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I stopped watching after the first period. So, you’re all welcome. :)
200.webp

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Does the pens pick count winning the lottery?
The pens get to choose what to do with their pick after the lottery. If they are 11 and win 1 or 2, they get to choose. If they are 16 and win the lottery, then the worst team gets 1OA and they get 6OA and get to choose whether to keep it or not.

The best case scenario is that they finish 12, win the lottery, get 2OA, we get 1OA, and they inexplicably give us the pick.

The more likely best case scenario is that we somehow win the lottery and they finish 11 after the lottery and we get both picks.

If they finish in the top 10 after the lottery, I'm guessing Dubas keeps the pick and drafts a prospect that he can either move with one of his players to make them better next year, or a prospect he thinks can play next year and help the team try to win.

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I am so proud of the team's performance. We went into hostile territory facing the biggest challenge we've faced this year and we did exactly what we needed to. I admit I had moments of concern especially after the first period but it was a team effort to reach our goal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I am so proud of the team's performance. We went into hostile territory facing the biggest challenge we've faced this year and we did exactly what we needed to. I admit I had moments of concern especially after the first period but it was a team effort to reach our goal.

Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here, tonight. One game. and then another one later in the week.

If we played 'em ten times they might lose nine. But not this game. not tonight. Tonight we skate behind them. Tonight we fail to keep up with them. And we break down against them. Because we can!

Tonight we are the most tanktastic hockey team in the world. You were born to be a failing team, every one of ya. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is their time. Our time is done. It was over before the season started.

Because I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a lousy hockey team the Blackhawks have. Screw 'em! This is their time! No go out there and blow it!

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here, tonight. One game. and then another one later in the week.

If we played 'em ten times they might lose nine. But not this game. not tonight. Tonight we skate behind them. Tonight we fail to keep up with them. And we break down against them. Because we can!

Tonight we are the most tanktastic hockey team in the world. You were born to be a failing team, every one of ya. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is their time. Our time is done. It was over before the season started.

Because I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a lousy hockey team the Blackhawks have. Screw 'em! This is their time! No go out there and blow it!
I love this so much

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
F yeah!!! I am so excited. I haven't been this pumped since the Stanley Cup. If Grier can somehow land Macklin, he would have earned his job. I'm still upset we failed the tanking last year and got freaking Smith because of 2 extra points. But he made the trades this year to ensure not making the same mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Saved before the bell. We have a second consecutive game with a SNOG!

SNOG:

Shorks 2: Zetts x2

Bedards 5

Sorry boys, it's for the best

Congrats @Great Makohead Shork on your 2nd SNOG of the season!

SNOG 2023-12-05 Great Makohead Shork.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1
7Oct. 26 at LightningRed Light LoverLightning 6-0
8Oct. 27 at HurricanesPattyLafontaineCanes 3-0
9Oct. 29 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 3-1
10Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 10-1
11Nov. 4 vs PenguinsnonePenguins 10-2
12Nov. 7 vs FlyersRed Light LoverSharks 2-1
13Nov. 9 vs OilersnoneSharks 3-2
14Nov. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-0
15Nov. 12 at DucksSkeksis25Ducks 4-1
16Nov. 14 vs PanthersnonePanthers 5-3
17Nov. 16 vs BluesnoneSharks 5-1
18Nov. 20 at CanucksnoneCanucks 3-1
19Nov. 22 at KrakennoneKraken 7-1
20Nov. 24 vs CanadienshockeyCEO, timorous meCanadiens 3-2 SO
21Nov. 25 vs CanucksnoneSharks 4-3
22Nov. 27 vs CapitalsnoneSharks 2-1
23Nov. 30 at BruinsnoneBruins 3-0
24Dec. 1 at DevilsnoneSharks 6-3
25Dec. 3 at RangersnoneRangers 6-5
26Dec. 5 at IslandersGreat Makohead ShorkSharks 5-4 OT
27Dec. 7 at Red WingsnoneSharks 6-5 OT
28Dec. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-4 SO
29Dec. 12 vs JetsnoneSharks 2-1
30Dec. 15 at CoyotesnoneCoyotes 1-0
31Dec. 17 at AvalanchenoneAvalanche 6-2
32Dec. 19 vs KingscoooldudeKings 4-1
33Dec. 21 vs CoyotesnoneCoyotes 5-2
34Dec. 23 at CanucksnoneCanucks 7-4
35Dec. 27 at KingsnoneKings 5-1
36Dec. 28 vs OilersnoneOilers 5-0
37Dec. 31 at AvalanchenoneAvalanche 3-1
38Jan. 2 vs Red WingsnoneRed Wings 5-3
39Jan. 4 vs JetsnoneJets 2-1
40Jan. 6 vs Maple LeafsfasterthanlightMaple Leafs 4-1
41Jan. 9 at Maple LeafsnoneMaple Leafs 7-1

Second half SNOG results

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
42Jan. 11 at CanadiensChinaski89Sharks 3-2
43Jan. 13 at SenatorsnoneSenators 5-4
44Jan. 15 at SabresnoneSabres 3-0
45Jan. 16 at BlackhawksnoneBlackhawks 2-1 SO
46Jan. 20 vs DucksnoneSharks 5-3
47Jan. 22 at KingscoooldudeSharks 4-3 SO
48Jan. 23 vs RangersnoneSharks 3-2 OT
49Jan. 27 vs SabresnoneSabres 5-2
50Jan. 30 vs KrakennoneSharks 2-0
51Jan. 31 at Ducksgaucholoco3Ducks 3-2 OT
52Feb. 14 at JetsnoneJets 1-0
53Feb. 15 at FlamesnoneSharks 6-3
54Feb. 17 vs Blue JacketsnoneBlue Jackets 4-3
55Feb. 19 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-0
56Feb. 24 vs PredatorsChinaski89Predators 4-2
57Feb. 27 vs DevilsnoneDevils 7-2
58Feb. 29 vs DucksnoneDucks 6-4
59Mar. 2 at StarsnoneStars 3-2 SO
60Mar. 3 at WildnoneWild 4-3
61Mar. 5 vs StarsnoneStars 7-6 OT
62Mar. 7 vs IslandersnoneIslanders 7-2
63Mar. 9 vs SenatorsnoneSharks 2-1
64Mar. 12 at FlyersnoneFlyers 3-2
65Mar. 14 at PenguinsnonePenguins 6-3
66Mar. 16 at Blue JacketsChinaski89Blue Jackets 4-2
67Mar. 17 at BlackhawksGreat Makohead ShorkBlackhawks 5-2

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.Chinaski893
T-2.coooldude, Great Makohead Shork, Red Light Lover, weastern bias2
T-6.fasterthanlight, gaucholoco3, hockeyCEO, NewMuzu24, PattyLafontaine, Skeksis25, TheBeard, timorous me1

The McMafia

Sep 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
I actually don't want the Pens' pick this year because their pick next year is unprotected. Their players will also be older. Can you imagine the possibilities?

If I was Dubas I would highly consider letting the Sharks take this year's pick unless it was a lottery win. That team isn't going to be getting any better. But this is Dubas, so...

Reactions: Jargon

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I actually don't want the Pens' pick this year because their pick next year is unprotected. Their players will also be older. Can you imagine the possibilities?
If it ends up top-10 next year then yes it would be amazing. But there's no way Dubas wouldn't do whatever he could to try to improve the team in the offseason. And any team with Sidney Crosby won't go full tank.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Late and kind of unnecessary to go back to, but I forgot to do this last night:

I hate that Bedard is probably going to win Rookie of the Year when this team is so damn bad. That award should go to someone like Faber instead. I haven't followed the Wild much this year at all, but I do know that are like 5x better than Chicago.

Minnesota is actually in the WC hunt so that makes my point stronger.

This is a weird take. I know that the "is MVP for the best player or the most important player?" debate never dies, but Rookie of the Year isn't that. It's very clear what the trophy is for: it's right in the description that it's given "to the player selected as the most proficient in his first year of competition in the National Hockey League (NHL)."

"most proficient" = best. Not "best on a team that's also at least kind of good." or "most valuable first year player" where the nebulous definition of "valuable" causes debate. The player that is on their own the most proficient at playing in the NHL as a first-year participant under the age of 26 or whatever the cut off is, thank you Sergei Makarov.

Faber = 38 pts in 68 games
Bedard = 53 pts in 54 games

Yes, even granting that raw points aren't the be-all, end-all, Bedard is basically dragging a rotting corpse of a roster along behind him and still producing at a ppg clip. And he is a showstopping/game-stealing level talent who can swing individual games on his own.

If he had missed another 10-15 games with his jaw injury maybe there's a case to be made that the sample size is too small to fairly evaluate. But for a guy that's going to finish the season playing three quarters of his team's games at a ppg pace when the next highest scorer on the team that isn't on his line is less than 0.5ppg what he's done is plenty of evidence for how good he's been.

That aside, individual awards are for individuals. The success of the team is a secondary impact at best because the team can succeed and fail on the merits and flaws of a lot of things outside of that one player's control. Giving personal awards to players who are inferior but are on better teams defeats the whole purpose of individual awards.

Would I be annoyed that him winning the Calder is another feather in the cap of the Blackhawks and their basically getting out of jail free on the trash fire that their org has been the last few years? Yeah. But that doesn't reflect poorly on Bedard at all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad