GDT: Game 67: Predators vs Ottawa Senators | 3.29.22 | 7:00p

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
2k is the max fine under the CBA.

That said, I didn't see the incident and can't find any replays of it... what the heck internet
It has not stopped about 30 people on Twitter. That is why I called them TWITS!

The replay looked worse than the live action view that I had from section 103. I still thought that 2 minutes was enough. It was called "Tripping" not Kneeing.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Definitely a knee, kind of surprised it wasn't a game.

If that video started a second earlier you'd see Tkachuk gather the puck along the wall then cut to the center of the ice to get around Ekholm, who is also on the wall. That's when Tanner lines him up for the hit, at the last second Tkachuk turns to his left to avoid the hit and carry the puck low, if he makes that adjustment a blink sooner Tanner completely misses him and looks like a fool but they both failed in what they were trying to do at the time, Tanner the hit and Tkachuk the move to get around, so it wound up being a trip or knee that deserved a minor penalty. We see unfortunate plays like that all the time and they don't result in supplemental discipline.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If that video started a second earlier you'd see Tkachuk gather the puck along the wall then cut to the center of the ice to get around Ekholm, who is also on the wall. That's when Tanner lines him up for the hit, at the last second Tkachuk turns to his left to avoid the hit and carry the puck low, if he makes that adjustment a blink sooner Tanner completely misses him and looks like a fool but they both failed in what they were trying to do at the time, Tanner the hit and Tkachuk the move to get around, so it wound up being a trip or knee that deserved a minor penalty. We see unfortunate plays like that all the time and they don't result in supplemental discipline.
That is a good description of what is MISSING from the clip. As I stated above, the replay looked worse than the live action. I was sitting a section or two over from the camera in 103 Row G, so I had a pretty good view.
Jeannot missed the hit. Tanner would have been better off just trying to lean a little more and chip him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad