Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 - "Winner Winner Penguin Dinner" - BRUINS 5 Pittsburgh 1

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don’t know much about their prospects, but I can’t imagine them competing for a cup in the next 3-5 years barring a miracle.
They picked up a few for Guentzel but they've been like us for years trading away picks and prospects for deadline deals. They have very little. I can't see them turning it around quickly unless they clean house and sell off Crosby etc. which is unlikely. Dubas made it worse with karlsson.

Reactions: lopey and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Oh my gosh, Backyardagins was so awesome, both my kids went through it, even though they are many years apart...

Oh, and the Bruins played pretty well, too.

We still watch the Phineas and Ferb Christmas special every year as a family.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1710046231355.png

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Zacha on a wicked heatah, whatta pissah. Linus had to clean up some slop, a little too much for my liking. It sucks getting old. I don't see too good, I don't hear too good and I don't smell too good either. I know it must be my eyes going but I could swear Brazeau looked like Yvan Cournoyer compared to Malkin and Jeff Carter out there today. All hail Hampus, he's back like Jack, we're in like Flynn.

I’ve said it before and I really don’t think it’s because he’s too old now…..but I shudder to think about how good Malkin could have been if he played with even an average compete level.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope Sweeney and the front office are paying attention and listening to the guys in the room on how they feel about Linus. If he’s truly a good GM he won’t revisit whatever was discussed with LA.

Linus was fantastic. What a way to channel all the bullshit into his best performance of the season.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Greetings nocturnal Bruins fans. In a few minutes, that's even more the case. ;)

I am SO happy for Linus. He looked crestfallen when Edmonton tied it late. He deserved that win, and obviously there was much more to it than that.

The team saw how forever bonded the 2011 team is, and they deserve another shot at it; DeBrusk and Grizz included.

We saw last year that making the team better on paper at the TDL doesn't guarantee success. Vegas also showed us how important goalie depth is in the playoffs.

Linus had a great brief interview during a national game not too long ago; it was actually pretty deep. The bond between he and Swayman is beautiful.

The world needs more of that. Win or lose, I love these guys.

If the deal was PLD for Linus, I am so grateful it didn't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad