GDT: Game 66 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Islanders | 5PM | Monumental Suckage Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Funny how we started playing like shit once we dumped Cole and changed the lines...

...come on Sully. Not that hard.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Who cares..... one week until time change and golf season here at the coast.

Beer, sunsets, golf, shrimp, low country boils, girls wearing obscene swimsuits (I personally find offensive and objectionable) and beer.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Chris Gibson starting in net for NYI.

You got 2 AHL goalies in net tonight.

2 teams that don't play much defense.

2 teams that can score a lot of goals.

Take the over.

Would it really surprise you if Gibson earned his first career shutout tonight? It would be the Penguins thing to do.

Face AHL goalie, pepper him with 40+ shots, score 1 or less goals and make him look like a future Vezina candidate.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Will we allow double digit goals this time? tune in to find out.

Gonna say we lose this game 12-6. Our D is waaaaay worse then our offense is good. It takes a special kind of suckage for that to happen.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Rust can't be with Kessel...that's a disaster pairing...and Rust is not as good on LW. He should be on RW on line 4.

It’s not that he’s not good but he’s better on the RW but we have to make some concessions because we can’t make a “perfect” line up. There is potential holes in a few spots.

I’m always for Rust on the RW but until ZAR returns I don’t mind it. He’s played LW before with Kessel (andMalkin) and been ok.

If Rust is on L4 the one of Sheary or Kuhnhackl move up with the current roster.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah, I remember the feelings going into that Nash series.

Worked for me got to see a Cup Final game, two tickets for less than 500

I ordered a couple last minute on stubhub when my brother was in town. Ended up being handicap seating. Best view in the house.

Think they were 150 a piece.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Almost like large changes in line-ups take awhile to adjust..

For sure. We still played like **** last game. Even if the line up was better, they play like they did against Boston they won’t win.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
For sure. We still played like **** last game. Even if the line up was better, they play like they did against Boston they won’t win.

Go look at Tampa the last month and a half.

Honestly, if we finish 8th and get to play them or Toronto might be the best route to the ECF.

Then again, nobody in our division scares me in a best of seven. Sullivan’s shown no matter what he’ll have his team ready to compete.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013

Honestly, if we finish 8th and get to play them or Toronto might be the best route to the ECF.

Then again, nobody in our division scares me in a best of seven. Sullivan’s shown no matter what he’ll have his team ready to compete.
Eh, Tampa scares me in a best of seven. Thats a deep, talented team. But really, anyone else in the East I like our chances against, including the Caps and Bruins although neither would be easy.

Also, just looked at the standings for the first time in a while, where the hell did the Flyers come from? Im rooting extra hard against them this year because I had to debase myself and cheer for the Eagles.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

I agree once playoffs hit everything else before doesn’t matter and we’ve proven we can win with different styles.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eh, Tampa scares me in a best of seven. Thats a deep, talented team. But really, anyone else in the East I like our chances against, including the Caps and Bruins although neither would be easy.

Also, just looked at the standings for the first time in a while, where the hell did the Flyers come from? Im rooting extra hard against them this year because I had to debase myself and cheer for the Eagles.

They have a ton of loser points.

Also, who cares. They’re going to be a 1st round knock out.

Reactions: Soda Popinski

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

EDIT, I was wrong. NM

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
NYI played not even 24 hours prior to this game.

I hope the Penguins come out feeling it tonight.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad