GDT: Game 65: Red Wings vs yotes 7:00 pm et 3/14/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Yeah, not thrilled with Czarnik call up. So Yzerman tells us no trade deadline moves because a call up from GR would be better, no way he meant Austin Czarnik.

Needed to take a swing with someone who has bigger plans in the org, be it Mazur or Kasper, I don't care which.

I do think Czarnik makes sense if it's because of some sort of day to day minor injury where they weren't 100% sure if he would even be playing when originally deciding who to call up

is that the case? I have no idea

Reactions: SirloinUB

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I do think Czarnik makes sense if it's because of some sort of day to day minor injury where they weren't 100% sure if he would even be playing when originally deciding who to call up

is that the case? I have no idea
Lalonde is scratching Sprong because he's scared to scratch "established" vets to send a message. See Chiarot getting promoted to the top pair and Petry still being in the lineup after that clusterf***...

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
My god just call up some kids already. What are you waiting for? This is so f***ing lame

So much for “talent in GR”

I’ll take a pass watching a bunch of old dudes choke away a playoff spot

Year 6. No rookies. Playoff collapse. And we’re calling up Austin Czarnik to save the day.

Year 6… Czarnik…

I might go cry
It's honestly baffling.

Reactions: Christien

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Rooting for you guys tonight and the rest of the season (except against the Panthers). Ready to see Detroit back in the playoffs. Even better if it's at the expense of the Lightning.

This made the rounds on the FLA board after that game

yA75Ng.gif

Ohhh that made the rounds on more than just the FLA board. :laugh:

Reminds me of Joe Thornton diving on Franzen:

Thornton.gif

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
You had a winger playing center, paired with the 2 defensively weakest wingers. They got targeted in away games by the opponents top lines and obviously got destroyed. Seems weird to me, to wait for home ice advantage to change it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Calling up czarnik instead of kasper or mazur is a complete joke

Kasper, Mazur, and Ed will get called up when the team gets eliminated from the playoffs and goes into tank mode. The number of games they get will depend entirely on when Larkin returns. If he doesn't come back next week, the team is toast.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Is this officially the make-or-break game of the season so far?

Mathematically? No.

Emotionally? Well if we can’t beat Arizona even once why should I believe this team will get the points they need against Pitt, tampa, Florida, Carolina etc.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Arizona's Grand Canyon is over a mile down at its deepest, and its oldest rocks are around 1.7 billion years old. The stunning landmark isn't in Michigan today, but the Red Wings do seem to have dug themselves into a deep deep hole as it feels like it's been around 1.7 billion years since they won a game or even looked like they wanted to. Fans and we're sure players alike all must feel that the only good outcome against the struggling Arizona Coyotes tonight is indeed a landmark win."

- Plausible Keats

Last edited:

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
No it's not. Czarnik is main GR PK , after Berggren and Edvinsson , he's GR best player
Oh I understand. I didn’t realize we were trying to build the Detroit griffins, my bad.

The kids should get the chance to play and prove themselves when the team is shitting the bed. We are in a rebuild and we have zero rookies on the roster. It’s embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad