4Y3k9Bg.jpg

Betting Odds:
XxzcmCn.jpg

Recap:

Last edited:

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Duchene has already scored more goals than ever and is close to passing his career high of 70 from 13'-14' season. If the 9-95-92 line keeps playing like this and lines 3 and 4 chip in like they do, the Preds are going to be fun to watch! Gotta get that #2 line clicking now. Seems like Granny has been a little snake bit for a while.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Duchene has already scored more goals than ever and is close to passing his career high of 70 from 13'-14' season. If the 9-95-92 line keeps playing like this and lines 3 and 4 chip in like they do, the Preds are going to be fun to watch! Gotta get that #2 line clicking now. Seems like Granny has been a little snake bit for a while.
Granny is a distributor that is trying to do too much because he's not getting results. They have got to put Tomasino on his line. Granny is just being wasted because we don't have linemates who are matching his ability at the moment.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Granny is a distributor that is trying to do too much because he's not getting results. They have got to put Tomasino on his line. Granny is just being wasted because we don't have linemates who are matching his ability at the moment.
He seems to be in a bit of a funk at the other end of the ice too. No biggie players will have their ups and downs… the way some others are rolling it’s not the worst time…

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Methinks Granlund is dead-tired right now. Playing every game of the season, top PP, top PK, centering 9 and 95 and handling the defensive duties for them. On top of that, he’s a guy who never takes a shift off.

Yeah, I think he might need some rest.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think moving Tomasino up would be a good idea. Move kunin down to the 4th line with cousins and McCarrons and put Tomasino with tolvanen and granny.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Not really sure in the logic of going backwards to a time when the team wasn't good but by all means revel in nostalgia

When was the team not good?? Excluding the 2 shortened seasons due to Covid, our worst year during full seasons with Arvy on roster was 94 points, and that team made the SCF. The 19-20 team was probably the "worst" but even it was on pace for about 94 points.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This- adding a 25-30 goal scorer to what we already have would be a good thing. You cannot have too much scoring depth, especially playoff time
Anyway, I think it was psychologically necessary to move on from some of the familiarity that had built up, and sending out Ellis, Arvidsson, and Jarnkrok was a good move just to freshen up the room and make sure the New Identity that some of the younger bigger hungrier guys were bringing had room to breathe. Maybe we gave up a few goals to do so, maybe not, but I bet we'd have been a worse team keeping those guys around than just their stats on paper would say. Josi and Forsberg are on whole new levels now after losing the "comfort zone" provided by having their buddies around, and Duchene and Johansen sure seemed to receive the wakeup call from being exposed in the Expansion Draft. You can't tally all that stuff looking at stats, but I suspect it had a big effect on how this team was able to emerge with a fresh outlook.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sometimes it's addition by subtraction. I think in the case of Ellis and Arvy they really didn't see eye to eye with Hynes and what he wanted to do.

I also think Poile also saw the writing on the wall, they are both smaller players that are going to be injury issues from here on.

He killed two birds with one stone by moving them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Anyway, I think it was psychologically necessary to move on from some of the familiarity that had built up, and sending out Ellis, Arvidsson, and Jarnkrok was a good move just to freshen up the room and make sure the New Identity that some of the younger bigger hungrier guys were bringing had room to breathe. Maybe we gave up a few goals to do so, maybe not, but I bet we'd have been a worse team keeping those guys around than just their stats on paper would say. Josi and Forsberg are on whole new levels now after losing the "comfort zone" provided by having their buddies around, and Duchene and Johansen sure seemed to receive the wakeup call from being exposed in the Expansion Draft. You can't tally all that stuff looking at stats, but I suspect it had a big effect on how this team was able to emerge with a fresh outlook.
If Arvy was still here then JOFA would still be a thing and those guys were so freaking complacent the last few years. I doubt any of Forsberg, Johansen, or Duchene's numbers look remotely as good as they have under that stagnant forward dynamic. Good for Arvy for performing well and "bouncing back," but he's still missed about 15 games already this season and his run here was through.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

This might very well be true, and I think that it would be a fine reason to make the moves we did. After all, it's hard to argue with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad