Post-Game Talk: Game #64 - Anaheim Ducks @ Seattle Kraken - 7pm PT - ESPN+, Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why tf are they talking about Seattle being a great hockey town as if that's surprising? Seattle fans were great hockey fans wayyyy before they got the Kraken. These announcers are dumb and ESPN is such trash just from the top down.

I’d assume there were, are still a lot of Canucks fans there? Was also brought up to why Zegras hasn’t signed a deal. Not realizing Verbeek had made it public he was waiting this summer. They really need to check their note or do some research.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

the-one-he-is-the-one.gif

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I’d assume there were, are still a lot of Canucks fans there? Was also brought up to why Zegras hasn’t signed a deal. Not realizing Verbeek had made it public he was waiting this summer. They really need to check their note or do some research.
I'm sure the former Canuck fans in the city (and even ones on the other side of the border) are now Kraken fans given the current state of the teams.

I dunno, maybe ESPN was meaning more how the city has embraced the team instead of just hockey in general and I'm sleep deprived so I misinterpreted it. But the way it came across to me was more like "OMG they ACTUALLY like hockey here" and it just reeked of someone from the East Coast that doesn't know shit about anything outside their time zone. (present company excluded, obviously)

I really enjoyed my visit to Seattle. The fans I was around were just happy to have a team, were really easy to chat with about hockey and knew their shit.

Reactions: Leonardo87

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Couldn't even end it on a positive note. Good job, Eakins, Strome.

Thanks to Z, Silfver and Comtois.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watched a bit of the game, I was surprised of the pace of the game. Was I the only one thinking it had a playoff-like pace? Not that we're fighting for playoffs (still mathematically possible tho :sarcasm:), but nice to see we can keep up.

I don't even care that much about those comments but another + to Derek Lee, he's the man, no doubt. Very happy to have him cover the Ducks. He's even doing these now: Quack of Dawn: Ducks Report | The Sporting Tribune

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Andersson is injured... once again, sadly. Helleson isn't ready yet. We have no quality depth to speak of yet.

I'm sure he would have been more ready to jump in in a pinch than going with 5D or throwing an extra forward back there. What do we have to lose.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What did you guys think of McGinn? I thought he was noticeable in the beginning, making some decent plays, but then faded as the game went on.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Derek Lee has been great, I gave him a compliment and thank you for his work, and he replied very sincere and humble. Really hope he can get more access to stuff. Ducks need their own passionate beat writer, not two shared writers with a rival team.

Also, posted this…

Outside of me agreeing with all the points Derek and Ryan made, I'm just trying to grasp how cool it is to have Zegras on our favorite team. That was a HECK of a play, and ESPN is taking their time to talk about it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Outside of me agreeing with all the points Derek and Ryan made, I'm just trying to grasp how cool it is to have Zegras on our favorite team. That was a HECK of a play, and ESPN is taking their time to talk about it.

I’ve said this over and over, gotta get this kid support. I’m sorry Brock F’ing McGinn or Ryan Strome isn’t it. The skill, talent and determination is there. Verbeek needs to know that. They can put him on the road to being a star or just let him peak at a 70-80 point 1C. That is his floor right now. There is so much potential beyond that.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Derek Lee has been great, I gave him a compliment and thank you for his work, and he replied very sincere and humble. Really hope he can get more access to stuff. Ducks need their own passionate beat writer, not two shared writers with a rival team.

Also, posted this…

Feel like Lisa Dillman is just salivating over the prospect of getting a call to come back and cover the Kings. Totally mailing it in this year.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I can't believe we have 4 more years of Strome after this
That was a good pass to Zegras today.

As many players we have/have had the past few years, they play worse on this team because they are playing over their heads. With increased depth, should increase the usefulness of those players. Apparently he's also a good locker room guy

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was a good pass to Zegras today.

As many players we have/have had the past few years, they play worse on this team because they are playing over their heads. With increased depth, should increase the usefulness of those players. Apparently he's also a good locker room guy

As much as I’ve been disappointed in Strome and yeah that was a nice pass, he is not playing like I hoped , and I want to give him some more time as the team around him gets better.

Reactions: Kalv

DaGreatOne

Dec 14, 2021
SeaTown
I'm sure the former Canuck fans in the city (and even ones on the other side of the border) are now Kraken fans given the current state of the teams.

I dunno, maybe ESPN was meaning more how the city has embraced the team instead of just hockey in general and I'm sleep deprived so I misinterpreted it. But the way it came across to me was more like "OMG they ACTUALLY like hockey here" and it just reeked of someone from the East Coast that doesn't know shit about anything outside their time zone. (present company excluded, obviously)

I really enjoyed my visit to Seattle. The fans I was around were just happy to have a team, were really easy to chat with about hockey and knew their shit.
There are TONS of hockey fans in Washington.
The WHL is huge and has a fan base dating back to the 80's
Between the WHL teams:
Seattle, Everett, Tri Cities, Spokane, Portland and Victoria.........
Huge amount of fans to adopt Seattle as their NHL team.
All these teams are within the state, and Portland is a 3 hour drive from Seattle.
Victoria is across the water by ferry.
There has always been hockey here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad