GDT: Game 63: Flames @ Avs | Wednesday, February 28th, 7:30pm MT | The Next Episode

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
cut.jpeg

COLORADO AVALANCHE (33-24-5) vs. CALGARY FLAMES (32-23-9)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28th, 7:30PM MT
PEPSI CENTER, DENVER, CO​
ALTITUDE TV

extralarge.png

GAUDREAU - MONAHAN - BENNETT
TKACHUK - BACKLUND - FROLIK
FERLAND - JANKOWSKI - HATHAWAY
LAZAR - STAJAN - BROUWER

GIORDANO - HAMILTON
BRODIE - HAMONIC
KULAK - STONE

RITTICH

extralarge.png

LANDESKOG - MACKINNON - RANTANEN
NIETO - SODERBERG - COMEAU
KERFOOT - JOST - WILSON
BOURQUE - TONINATO - COMPHER

ZADOROV - BARRIE
NEMETH - GIRARD
SIEMENS - WARSOFSKY

VARLAMOV

viach

Aug 5, 2007
From DP :
"Chris Stewart. The Flames forward, acquired Monday on waivers from the Minnesota Wild, was right wing on the top line with center Sean Monahan and left winger Johnny Gaudreau in Tuesday’s game at Dallas. "

Great GDT :thumbu:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Keep Mackinnon matched up against the Gaudreau line. The more time Mackinnon spends away from Backlund/Tkachuk, the better it'll be for the Avalanche.

Reactions: cgf

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Keep Mackinnon matched up against the Gaudreau line. The more time Mackinnon spends away from Backlund/Tkachuk, the better it'll be for the Avalanche.

This. I was really impressed with the Backlund line when Avs faced Flames last time. I STILL think he is overhyped but damn that line made life miserable for Mack n Bros.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Huge game. Have to beat Calgary at least once. We can pass them in the standings tonight if we win in regulation.

Please, Varly, don't **** the bed again.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is Alt in for Warsofsky or are they keeping him in? I know he had his first practice with the team already but Bednar wasn't really explicit about whether he'd play.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Four point game, gotta win this one in regulation. Gotta emphasize, having our kids playing meaningful games in March is great for their experience and development - the longer we stay in the race, the better (and obviously hopefully we can squeak in)

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Chris Stewart Experiment might only have lasted one game since the Flames were shut out by the Stars the other night. I'm sure he'll be in the lineup but I doubt on the top line.

So funny how Stewie has such a rep as a tough guy but more often than not plays pillow-soft hockey.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Ghetto was in a no-contract. I'm assuming Kamaev was too, though Chambers didn't specify on either and I couldn't find a pic of Kamanev.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The Chris Stewart Experiment might only have lasted one game since the Flames were shut out by the Stars the other night. I'm sure he'll be in the lineup but I doubt on the top line.

So funny how Stewie has such a rep as a tough guy but more often than not plays pillow-soft hockey.

What a waste, i was so pissed off when we traded him for EJ. The year before he looked like Iginla (the HoF version).

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Ghetto has always been a pretty good shot driver. I’m excited to hopefully get him back soon. Think his impact really has been missed. Especially with Compher and Kerfoot starting to face some struggle. (Compher more so)

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Ghetto was in a no-contract. I'm assuming Kamaev was too, though Chambers didn't specify on either and I couldn't find a pic of Kamanev.

Kind of information that I was looking for on Kamenev. I think he is closer than people might think, he has been skating/practicing with SA since January 23rd, and Weiss thought he would be activated around January 27th to play with SA. Of course, he could have experienced a set back.

Eurolanche tweeted that he saw Kamenev (presumably in practice - but perhaps simply off ice) and that he looked good.

I know that there has been some thought that Kamenev would be sent back to SA on a conditioning stint once activated, and this would be the typical approach. I am not so sure that the Avs keep him up and play him down the stretch.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
When Andrighetto is on his game and actually moving his legs, he's basically Colin Wilson with skill. Even though he's a role player, he's been sorely missed. I hope the knee injury or whatever he had doesn't affect his speed.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That chart is very interesting. Avs play more then half our games at home which is huge for us with how well we play at home.

Problem is those 9 games on the road. I think we need at minimum to come out of those road games 4-4-1 in order to have a chance at the playoffs and I'm not sure we're capable of that. Especially looking at the teams we face in those road games. Chicago(x2), Columbus, St. Louis, Anaheim, Vegas, LA, Minnesota and San Jose. Really tough road games all around. Only the Chicago games should be looked at as anything close to resembling "easy" games.

It is worth noting however that Minnesota plays 11 more road games still to just 8 home games. And they're a team that struggles a lot on the road as well like us. Likewise to Dallas and the Blues as well, all 3 teams with just 8 home games left and 10/11 Road games.

If we can go .500 on the road down the stretch, the opportunity is there for us to make a push at home and sneak into the playoffs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Minnesota just isn't slowing down. They're only 4 points behind Winnipeg, hell only 8 behind Nashville for the division lead. They're 18-5-4 in their last 27 games. The wild card race is basically going to come down to Los Angeles, Dallas, Anaheim, Calgary, and us since I believe St. Louis is about to completely fall off the face of the earth. 3 of those 5 teams will get playoff spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad