GDT: Game#61 - Oilers@Blue Jackets - 5PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
You'd think we gotta start playing Pickard more.

Either:
CBJ: Skinner
BUF: Pickard
PIT: Skinner
WSH: Pickard
COL: Skinner

or even better:
CBJ: Pickard
BUF: Pickard
PIT: Skinner
WSH: Pickard
COL: Skinner
4/5 of those games should be winnable with either goalie.

Reactions: jukon

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I thought there was a tweet that they were going to CBJ yesterday and would be at morning skate with intention of playing tonight.

I think I play Brown one last game tonight. See if the pressure of adding two new bodies puts any pressure on him.

He doesn't have a good game then he is riding the pine until someone has a bad game.
I was actually excited when we got Brown. Maybe he scores and goals start coming for him. Maybe he should have been called Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_9845.gif
    IMG_9845.gif
    248 KB · Views: 2

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
its-a-trap.gif

This is the part of the season where Columbus plays good hockey. Last two season the Oilers have looked completely disinterested when visiting Columbus and the results are ugly.

Jack Roslovic has three 3rd period goals against the Oilers the last two games in Columbus.

We need the points to keep pace with Vancouver and i assume the Golden Knights super team will have a resurgence in the coming days/weeks.

hoping for the best.

Reactions: Laodongxi

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Agree 100%
It’s a flawed system to say the least and they take advantage off it every year.
Another thing that has to be fixed is an even salary situation. We are already down 2 goals before a UFA decides he will pick Florida, TB, Vegas, Dallas due to weather. Then u factor in no state tax compared to our provinces. They can offer a lower offer to the player because he will make more there with this offer over a higher one. Case in point, Stamkos
Now where would you rather win a cup? Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal or TB, Florida, Vegas, Dallas? You would have over 1,000,000 people in your parade in Canada and never have to buy a drink again . In those American cities, would they know you won?

Will they be in lineup tonight?
likely not the lineup considering Holloway got sent down

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Keep the streak alive @CROTT !

My guess on the lines based on what Stauffer was saying tonight

Drai McDavid Hyman
Kane RNH McLoed
Foegele Henrique Perry
Janmark Carrick Ryan

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse VD
Kulak Ceci

Skinner is my guess in goal.

Holloway farmed out so he can play 20 minutes a night on the top line vs 8 minutes a night on the bottom line, Brown as the extra.

Ryan to the wing is so refreshing. He is a night and day better player there.

Every year around this time I start to think "Ryan isn't going to cut it, need an upgrade," then he dials his game up down the stretch and goes up another gear in the playoffs. Hopefully this configuration holds and he is above Brown in the pecking order.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
If you want to stretch it even further, Janmark is technically a C and I think he started there when he came into the league. Holloway and Pedersen can play C in the NHL too, so could even say 10 organizationally.
And Gagner if/when he comes back up (which he should).

Reactions: K1984

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Give Henrique a twirl at LW with Draisaitl and see what happens, cant hurt. Still think he winds up as our 3C come playoff time.
I mean Janmark was playing there, Henrique is an upgrade, no question.

I like that look. Also like Spec trying to hard to stay important, when he has NO info or insight on the deadline at all.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
It's annoying as there's such an easy fix.

If you're not healthy enough to come off of LTIR for a single game between the TDL and the end of the season, then you're not eligable for the 1st round, if not the entire playoffs.

They don't even need to play, the guy can be on IR or a healthy scratch, just their salary can't been hidden or offset (whatever the correct term is) by LTIR.

That's not the "easy" fix. It could penalize legit injuries.

It's much more simple to just apply a cap in playoffs on your 21-man active roster and have your black aces treated like the Taxi Squad in the Covid season (ie they don't count to the cap)

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That's not the "easy" fix. It could penalize legit injuries.

It's much more simple to just apply a cap in playoffs on your 21-man active roster and have your black aces treated like the Taxi Squad in the Covid season (ie they don't count to the cap)

This is the way to go I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad