GDT: Game 61 | Columbus @ Buffalo | 7:30 PM EST | ESPN+/Hulu

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
There’s truly no reason to not play Gavrikov anymore. He’s not being traded for a 1st+ return anymore so the risk is not as high.

Also, stop getting points; there’s finally some separation between us at 32 and everyone else

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
There’s truly no reason to not play Gavrikov anymore. He’s not being traded for a 1st+ return anymore so the risk is not as high.

Also, stop getting points; there’s finally some separation between us at 32 and everyone else
The team's priorities are more important. I think it's better to give a chance to those who want to stay here, especially young boys (except Christiansen and maybe Bayreuther because they already played/has played) His feelings and frustration in general are not important.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The team's priorities are more important. I think it's better to give a chance to those who want to stay here, especially young boys (except Christiansen and maybe Bayreuther because they already played/has played) His feelings and frustration in general are not important.
That’s nonsense. I don’t recall PLD being scratched for “trade related” reasons

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We’re really having this conversation at the same time we’re having the Nyquist-injured-can’t-trade-him conversation?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Let’s quit worrying about Gavrikov , Ok ? Just like he has a right to become a ufa , and go thru the process , the bluejackets have the right to maximize/protect their trade assets . Based on the returns so far , I don’t see why Gavrikov doesn’t return a first , and the deadline is here Friday . Why in the world would you play him , and risk injury ? Let’s hypothetically say he returns a 2nd and 3rd rounder … you know what happens if he played tonight and suffers an injury ? You lose those assets.. just like they did with Nyquist .

Reactions: thebus88 and LJ7

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
PLD signed a two-year deal.
You forgot the part when he requested a trade two weeks after that

Let’s quit worrying about Gavrikov , Ok ? Just like he has a right to become a ufa , and go thru the process , the bluejackets have the right to maximize/protect their trade assets . Based on the returns so far , I don’t see why Gavrikov doesn’t return a first , and the deadline is here Friday . Why in the world would you play him , and risk injury ? Let’s hypothetically say he returns a 2nd and 3rd rounder … you know what happens if he played tonight and suffers an injury ? You lose those assets.. just like they did with Nyquist .
I’m personally against scratching players for trade related reasons regardless of circumstances

Reactions: domi28

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
This guy doesn’t care who is playing goalie or who is playing defense.

1677602751569.png

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
You forgot the part when he requested a trade two weeks after that
You're forgetting that not only was this after signing a two year contract, so the team had plenty of time, but he would also be a before/after contract RFA. So taking two years in Europe wouldn't have helped him either.

Any GM trying to build a team needs to think several steps ahead and not deal with the emotional issues of a player who is UFA after the season. Of course what I mean is that he wants to play.

Btw, this isn't just about Gavrikov, I'd argue the same about any other player who is UFA after the season.

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm going to this game, think it will be a good one - both teams are playing well lately.

Was kinda hoping to see Korpi in net, since he may not be a CBJ much longer.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

I’m confused, first you say play Gavrikov (which should make CBJ better) and then you say stop getting points. Which is it?

Hope the kids look good tonight but still get no points.

Most importantly though, I hope the team announces Gavi has officially been traded before game.

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Gavrikov is basically no longer part of the team, forgive me if I no longer care how he feels. If the deadline passes and hes still here then things change.

Reactions: MAHJ71

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m confused, first you say play Gavrikov (which should make CBJ better) and then you say stop getting points. Which is it?

Hope the kids look good tonight but still get no points.

Most importantly though, I hope the team announces Gavi has officially been traded before game.
Why not both ;)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

What?! Can you imagine the blowback from fans if we sit him out for two weeks only for him to get hurt tonight that takes him out for the season?! We might not get a first, but we are going to get SOMETHING from a former 6th round pick.

Turning Gavrikov into a 2+3rd would still be a win on Jarmos belt, just not the established defensive piece we were hoping for.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I'm sure he was benched for the remainder of the game but that was Torts' doing, not Jarmo's.

If PLD had played the rest of the game as he did his last shift, he wouldn't have even broken a sweat let alone had a chance to break a bone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad