GDT: Game #60: Coyotes @ Senators - 5:00pm - Scripps, Coyotes Central

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
200w.gif

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
Great to finally get a win! I was listening to the Ottawa broadcast, and I have to say, Ottawa has their very own Tyson Nash in Mike Johnson.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So the shitshow I was enduring during the 3rd period... I had watched the first 2 periods, blowing the lead, but had a beer league game at 7:30pm in Gilbert...our goalie couldn't make it, so the rep got a goalie off the goalie network social media, fairly common occurrence....all our guys show up, 10 mins to game time, we're all dressed, no goalie yet, other team's captain comes in "hey you guys need us to text someone?" "no, no, we got it" meanwhile we've got 3 guys who have played goalie, none of whom wanna volunteer to put on the rink's spare gear...finally rep (who had never played G before) says "screw it, I'll do it".....and he starts donning the goalie gear for his career debut...

...only to discover...the zamboni broke down, they can't move it off the ice, after 20 minutes the rink says "sorry guys, it's cancelled, we'll reschedule", so we're given a reprieve, change back into street clothes, but before we all go into the Gilbert rink tavern...

I CHECK MY PHONE! WE WON! All is good!

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
So the shitshow I was enduring during the 3rd period... I had watched the first 2 periods, blowing the lead, but had a beer league game at 7:30pm in Gilbert...our goalie couldn't make it, so the rep got a goalie off the goalie network social media, fairly common occurrence....all our guys show up, 10 mins to game time, we're all dressed, no goalie yet, other team's captain comes in "hey you guys need us to text someone?" "no, no, we got it" meanwhile we've got 3 guys who have played goalie, none of whom wanna volunteer to put on the rink's spare gear...finally rep (who had never played G before) says "screw it, I'll do it".....and he starts donning the goalie gear for his career debut...

...only to discover...the zamboni broke down, they can't move it off the ice, after 20 minutes the rink says "sorry guys, it's cancelled, we'll reschedule", so we're given a reprieve, change back into street clothes, but before we all go into the Gilbert rink tavern...

If you need a goalie, I'd love to play!
Just give me a good heads-up, the commute can be long 🙂

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Bear's son was the designated EBUG tonight so there was no way for Meruelo to fly him in.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Great to finally get a win! I was listening to the Ottawa broadcast, and I have to say, Ottawa has their very own Tyson Nash in Mike Johnson.
Some former Coyotes would make great colour analysts (Biz). Others aren't so great (Nash and Johnson).

Honestly though, I don't mind Nash anymore. He's either getting better, or just wearing me down.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
AT finally lost his shit and went ballistic on the team during a break in play......glad it paid off.

Guenther looking like he could be the leading goal scorer for the team from March 1 to end of season.

Nice to hear Mike Johnson defend Arizona as a hockey market during the broadcast.

As for the Assets returned for Chychrun, and the 2 Coyote victories over the Sens this season.....Thank You Ottawa!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad