Post-Game Talk: GAME 60 - 5 points on the trip but it doesn't feel right - Kraken 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
They beat Tampa last year

Florida is built for the playoffs the Bruins aren’t is it possible,anything is possible but I wouldn’t bet money on it.
What does Tampa have to do with what I said? Did you mean to quote me? I was referring to their western road trip.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s a bridge year

It’s a 98 point team stealing points

Bruins have a bad news bear vibe who could pull off he greatest upset in 100 of hockey and win Cup

Sweeney greatest season as GM
No they don’t have a bad news bears vibe. Bad news bears had the attitude just not the ability to play together and learn the game which the coach taught. This team is the opposite of them, they have skill, very well structured, but lack an attitude. When the going gets tough this team seems to watch the destruction happen instead of prevent it. It’s becoming a core identity to them. You play regular season type game against Boston they will roll you. You play at a playoff pressure like pace, like some of these teams are to try to get into the playoffs, the Bruins struggle and can’t seem to find answers for it

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I was really looking forward to the Bruins squeaking into the playoffs because I thought they had a better chance with less pressure....now I don't know what to think

Whatever happens happens this season. We all thought this would be a transition year. They overachieved earlier in the season let's be honest. We don't have an identity at the moment. No momentum. I was shocked our d was credited with no hits last night.

We need to hit. We lost that. This team frustrates me so much. But I'll keep watching. I guess I like pain.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The biggest thing I want the Bruins to do if they are indeed rolling into the post season with what we have.

Establish your lines. It seems like they have no real idea who's playing with who at any given time... 5 minutes into a game the lines go into a blender.

If there is exactly one thing I PROMISE you Monty won't do, it's that. Promise promise.

You will be fortunate if he establishes the D. That's just not Monty man. His philosophy is to exploit matchups, and go with game flow and who is playing well RIGHT THEN. That's not changing.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I am very glad Pasta signed. He is a great hockey player with a charming personality.
That being said, I have no idea why he signed. In 3 to 4 years, this team will be McAvoy, Swayman and a bunch of 3rd liners. they have nothing in the system and I don't see them spending big money on outside FAs. But I'm a glass half empty kind of guy :)
No it won’t be that team in 3-4 years, some large salary cap $$$ opening up this summer. This was meant to be a bridge/rebuilding year and they got our hopes up with unexpected great start. Finding their true nature recently added to the usual pre-trade deadline yips and Voila! The past 10 games…..

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
No it won’t be that team in 3-4 years, some large salary cap $$$ opening up this summer. This was meant to be a bridge/rebuilding year and they got our hopes up with unexpected great start. Finding their true nature recently added to the usual pre-trade deadline yips and Voila! The past 10 games…..
A perfect post

Reactions: Ladyfan

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I cant believe I stayed up for all these stupid OT/shootout losses on this trip
1709075353205.png

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
One goalie in nine games for Marchand.
No goals in 10 games for Zacha.
Two in 12 for Frederic.
Therein lies the real problem and Monty can’t score goals for them. Not that i think Monty is without issues or in part to blame for the strange behavior of the team lately, but your scorers have to score. Imagine Brad with two more goals in that stretch, which would be normal for him, a couple for Zach and another from Freddie. Even that little bit would have won some games.

Babajingo

I hope your right. But most teams have salary cap opening up and, in my opinion, the team we have seen since all star break is the real team. Good, not great. Make it to the playoffs and go a round maybe two. meanwhile PIT and WASH is going to rebuild and shoot past them.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bad News Bears lost on a selfish boneheaded play in the championship game.
Wasn’t Jessica Biel in the Bad News Bears and her BF Justin Timberlake wins the big game against Chatham?

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
If there is exactly one thing I PROMISE you Monty won't do, it's that. Promise promise.

You will be fortunate if he establishes the D. That's just not Monty man. His philosophy is to exploit matchups, and go with game flow and who is playing well RIGHT THEN. That's not changing.

This is why I am firmly in the "fire Monty" camp. If there isn't already one, I'm starting it. He's a clown. He broke up the goalie rotation in the playoffs last year and played an injured Ullmark, he blew up the pairings in an ELITE D corps, screwed with the forwards . . . he absolutely flushed a record-breaking season.

And now we're seeing it without the Bergeron influence. It's all Monty, and it's all bullshit. Goaltending boosted the early season numbers, now that house of cards has fallen with the save percentages.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I can't find the post now where someone wrote that Marchy and Pasta seem angry or upset about something, but I agree with it. Pasta I think might mostly be cross with himself. I'm not suggesting that he's playing bad, far from it, but he holds himself to a high standard and there is something about his play or his fitness that seems to be bothering him a little bit. Nothing to back that up, just my impression.

Marchand though really seems to be frustrated about something with the wider team. Apart from the obvious in terms of not getting many wins of late and their ongoing issues holding on to leads, it's not clear precisely what's bugging him, and whether it's more linked to the way the Bs are playing or is more of a cultural/room thing. Don't think it's a big deal, but there is something interesting bubbling away there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad