Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
aejJadZ.jpg

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Russo has a tweet that suggests Boudreau might play Dumba at wing. That would probably be smart given how horrible defensively he has been.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Russo has a tweet that suggests Boudreau might play Dumba at wing. That would probably be smart given how horrible defensively he has been.

Looks like Russo speculation... he made the suggestion via Twitter last week a couple times as well but it didn't happen.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Looks like Russo speculation... he made the suggestion via Twitter last week a couple times as well but it didn't happen.

I think he should consider it considering Dumba's defensive play has been a direct cause to a lot of the goals against the past two games, especially the GWG last night.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think he should consider it considering Dumba's defensive play has been a direct cause to a lot of the goals against the past two games, especially the GWG last night.
I'm not saying whether it should or should not be tried, I was just looking at the tweet on whether it seemed likely based on it.

I haven't been able to watch a single game yet due to this crappy schedule to start the season.

I don't have much insight to offer at this point, other than I know Dumba and Brodin playing well is vital to this team's success moving forward, and Russo is down on both of them right now from what I've read.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No he doesn't, and no, it wouldn't be smart.
It is literally posted in this thread.
I'm not saying whether it should or should not be tried, I was just looking at the tweet on whether it seemed likely based on it.

I haven't been able to watch a single game yet due to this crappy schedule to start the season.

I don't have much insight to offer at this point, other than I know Dumba and Brodin playing well is vital to this team's success moving forward, and Russo is down on both of them right now from what I've read.
Dumba has been pretty bad defensively and he's not making up for it in the offensive zone. Brodin has been pretty invisible all around. Overall play is below what I (we) come to expect. I still don't get how the only players that have formed a good pairing with Dumba are Suter and Leopold (using the eye test). Brodin and Scandella mix with Dumba like oil mixes with water.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Dumba has been pretty bad defensively and he's not making up for it in the offensive zone. Brodin has been pretty invisible all around. Overall play is below what I (we) come to expect. I still don't get how the only players that have formed a good pairing with Dumba are Suter and Leopold (using the eye test). Brodin and Scandella mix with Dumba like oil mixes with water.
Boudreau didn't comment on whether or not Koivu will start in goal either. That doesn't suggest that it's likely. Russo asked a stupid question. Instead of calling him a moron, BB "didn't comment"

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Again, I wouldn't call that tweet saying Boudreau might do it, I took that as Russo wondering if Boudreau might do it... he wondered the same a week ago and he didn't. I'd be surprised if he did with that tweet as the only evidence.
I still wonder why they don't just try Dumba and Suter in game and not only in practice. They've played well together in the past, and the team sounds like it could use a mix up on defense overall, because even the Suter and Spurgeon pair isn't up to snuff from what I hear.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The defense looks bad because they are forced to defend for the entire game. It's even worse than that because the other teams know that they don't have to respect the Wild forwards, with the exception of Koivu and Zucker, so they can pinch all day and sellout on offense whenever they want.

I'm not saying that all of the Dmen can't be better, but they wouldn't look nearly as bad if they had actual NHL forwards to play with. Add in the fact that Dubnyk has been terrible, and it would be really hard for any Dman to look good in that situation.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Boudreau didn't comment on whether or not Koivu will start in goal either. That doesn't suggest that it's likely. Russo asked a stupid question. Instead of calling him a moron, BB "didn't comment"
Or he thought about it. It's pretty easy to just say no to that question.
Again, I wouldn't call that tweet saying Boudreau might do it, I took that as Russo wondering if Boudreau might do it... he wondered the same a week ago and he didn't. I'd be surprised if he did with that tweet as the only evidence.

I still wonder why they don't just try Dumba and Suter in game and not only in practice. They've played well together in the past, and the team sounds like it could use a mix up on defense overall, because even the Suter and Spurgeon pair isn't up to snuff from what I hear.
You've got to think that Boudreau has at least thought about it.

Inb4 Suter conspiracy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
To be fair to Dub last night, there wasn't much he could do on any of the goals, he didn't have much help. None of them were soft or cheap goals.

Laine was left all alone from his spot on the PP and he's a pure sniper. Ehlers was left alone for a 1 timer. Wheeler's goal he was sliding over as Wheeler cut across the crease.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There are very few players who can make the switch from defense to forward successfully. You don't really know who can till you try it. Burns and Buff are two that can have done it, off the top of my head.

Perhaps BB doesn't want Suter and Dumba together because he doesn't believe that Dumba will be up to the task of defending the first line of other teams, a job that Suter/ Spurgeon are often given.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There are very few players who can make the switch from defense to forward successfully. You don't really know who can till you try it. Burns and Buff are two that can have done it, off the top of my head.

Perhaps BB doesn't want Suter and Dumba together because he doesn't believe that Dumba will be up to the task of defending the first line of other teams, a job that Suter/ Spurgeon are often given.

Brodin/Dumba get plenty of time vs the other team's top line. It's not like the d-men shadow FWD lines in the flow of a game. Especially with all of the away games where the other team gets the last change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce