GDT: Game 6: Sharks @ Panthers 4:45pm NBCSCA

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
I must be missing something. Is Vlasic not the best Sharks defensemen still, BY FAR? He sure has looked like he compared to most of the others in the games he's played. WTF is Ferraro doing getting almost 23 minutes? Really odd with what Quinn's beef is with him unless they're just trying to big dog eachother.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I must be missing something. Is Vlasic not the best Sharks defensemen still, BY FAR? He sure has looked like he compared to most of the others in the games he's played. WTF is Ferraro doing getting almost 23 minutes? Really odd with what Quinn's beef is with him unless they're just trying to big dog eachother.
Vlasic most certainly ISN’T the sharks best defenceman. He has been atrocious this season.

Ferraro is awful though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Vlasic most certainly ISN’T the sharks best defenceman. He has been atrocious this season.

Ferraro is awful though.
I think it has gone Knyzhov>Thrun(when he plays)>Vlasic>the guys not named benning or ferraro>Benning>Ferraro. Even if Vlasic hasn't been great he's still better than at least 4 or 5 other guys.

• Wow

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Eklund looked really special today, that’s a good sign.

One thing I’ve noticed about our defense is just how bad they are at passing and decision making. There was one moment, late in the game, I’m not sure who it was, but Eklund passed a D-man the puck and the D-man — ignoring the fact that Eklund was not only in mid-turn but also had a Panther literally right next to him — passed it right back to Eklund. And HARD — like, Eklund was three feet away.

It was, to me, the whole defense in a nutshell. Bad passes and bad decisions leading to immediate turn overs.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
From our defense, I like Burroughs, Knyzhov, and Emberson. I can take or leave Ferraro, just would rather he be in a bottom 4 role. I don't like Rutta very much at all. If Benning was faster, he'd be solid.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I think it has gone Knyzhov>Thrun(when he plays)>Vlasic>the guys not named benning or ferraro>Benning>Ferraro. Even if Vlasic hasn't been great he's still better than at least 4 or 5 other guys.
Vlasic has only been better than Burroughs and Ferraro, he's worse than ever this year

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I have no issues with him but it’s clear the opponent blueprint has been to pressure the D deep in our own zone and eventually get them to cough up the puck.
Maybe so. I do believe it’s all getting better. Not big leaps better but the cohesion is showing. It was going to take time.
This was our best chance to win, we had good chances through better work on the boards, with sticks and shots. Passing can improve team wide.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not sure why we don't give Cicek another crack.
Probably because Cicek would make Ferraro look like an NHL-calibre Dman.

I may be harsh in my assessment, but I don’t see what the organisation did/does in Cicek. He was regular a major cause of turnovers during his time with the Cuda last season.

Maybe so. I do believe it’s all getting better. Not big leaps better but the cohesion is showing. It was going to take time.
This was our best chance to win, we had good chances through better work on the boards, with sticks and shots. Passing can improve team wide.
That being said - the Panthers were 2-3-0 coming into the game and were without Barkov.

Reactions: exchequer

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Probably because Cicek would make Ferraro look like an NHL-calibre Dman.

I may be harsh in my assessment, but I don’t see what the organisation did/does in Cicek. He was regular a major cause of turnovers during his time with the Cuda last season.

That being said - the Panthers were 2-3-0 coming into the game and were without Barkov.
We currently have 7 d-men, all but one a veteran of multiple seasons and not one of them is capable of skating the puck out of the zone. Not one.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

We got one tonight!

Healthy scratches Vlasic

Puts Zadina on the 4th line

The duality of man

SNOG 3-1 FLA

Kunin

Reinhardt, Barkov, Verhaeghe

Congrats @weastern bias on your second SNOG of the season!

SNOG 2015-03-12.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.weastern bias2
T-2.NewMuzu24, TheBeard1

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
SNOG announcement

We got one tonight!

Congrats @weastern bias on your second SNOG of the season!

View attachment 757549

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.weastern bias2
T-2.NewMuzu24, TheBeard1
Well, first of all, I'd like to thank the academy. . .

*soft, dadly chuckle*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad