Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Rangers @ Flyers. "Hannibal Lecter" Killer Instinct Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We need to win. I've told my bandmates that we aren't practicing on Wednesday if there's a game 7. We need to practice.

(I should say that I said I won't be there. Group is strangely reluctant to practice without me)

Again the streak is 43 games. I would practice tomorrow during the game we're not gonna win. :laugh:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's about territory--the more time the Rangers spend in the Flyers end the better our chances. If territory is 50/50 we have a better goalie and a better defense. There are pwp's etc. The Rangers usually are a more disciplined team. The Flyers are at home--I think we've been the better team in the series and I think we're a better team anyway. The best team doesn't always win but we're ahead so the odds are really good for us--there you go.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Again the streak is 43 games. I would practice tomorrow during the game we're not gonna win. :laugh:

I wish we could! Tuesdays seem to be impossible.

Not that I would miss that game either, but the Rangers have been eliminated while I've been away from home each of the last two seasons. Meanwhile, they haven't lost an elimination game when I've been home for it. Not that I'm superstitious.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse; this isn't over by a long shot.

The Rangers have a good opportunity to close a series out in 6 here, they've had a few hiccups. I'd like to see some good special teams play, production from Nash and McDonagh, and keep the goals against low.

Discipline and team organization will be keys if they want to advance into and through the next round.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Flyers shouldn't talk. They're the worst playoff team I ever remember us playing. They're only in this because we can't finish anything: chances, games, series, anything.

If the Rangers didn't start ****ing off in game 2 this would've been over yesterday.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Streak or no streak this isn't a torts team that just keeps blocking shots until one happens to rebound into the neutral zone and we score a goal off someone's head. Flyers have been **** this whole series and Mason is the only reason game 4 wasn't a blowout. Tomorrow will be a win.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Hank, please continue to play well.

McDonagh, please break through.

Powerplay, please stop sucking.

If that happens, we will win!

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
can we please shut up the cryers? theyre gunna goon it up as usual we just need to play our game and let them beat them-self with penaltys

BarbaraAlphanse

can we please shut up the cryers? theyre gunna goon it up as usual we just need to play our game and let them beat them-self with penaltys

As usual? They haven't gooned it up once in 5 games...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There's some delusion in their game thread. Apparently we're clearly below them offensively but are opportunistic. This coming from a fan of the team that has scored 9 goals in 5 games sans an empty net and had been dominated all series. Seriously 13 of the 15 periods were either even or even outplayed them. They outplayed us in two third periods when they weren't even trying to score. Damn juggernaut offense. I wonder what these people are watching.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Rongos pls. Just ****ing beat this god damn team. I don't care how, just finish them.

Love, me.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
In Winnie we trust!

Also, i predicted Rangers in 6 before the series started, so.. thats whats going to happen :p:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
4-1 Rangers. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Nash scores a goal and gets 2 assists. Mc Donagh with a goal plus an assist, Stepan as well. St. Louis with 2 assists. Dorsett off Dom Moore and Girardi for the Empty Netter with 1:34 left to play. Streit scores on a slapper on a powerplay in the second period. Assists by Simmonds and Schenn. He'll cut the Rangers' lead to a goal at that point and HFNYR will go mental, calling a collapse, calling Lundqvist and the team a joke, etc.

I have spoken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad