Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
There are plenty aspects of it that are similar to chess, Alain ****ing Vigneault is our coach FFS. You know what isn't similar to chess? Every team doesn't start with the same damn pieces.

I find it very off-putting that anyone would suggest this team is 'mentally weak'.

Literally: pls

Yeah just bring it every game, the players are robots.

Literally: Please. There's a certain level of intensity that should be brought in every playoff game. Why? It's a damn playoff game. This isn't rocket science. If I have to explain that, then this is a lost conversation from the get go.

You think they brought it in Game 2? In Game 5? Ha! They laid back in Games 2 and 5. Tampa played a playoff game. We did not. Look, we saw it perfectly in Game 5. Series tied at 2-2. Heading back to the Garden after a huge victory down in Tampa. Tampa knew what that Game 5 meant. The Rangers should have as well. 3-2 lead is huge. Tampa played like they knew what the game meant and the Rangers never looked like they got going. Classic mental test. It's that situation where, "Hey, we got it tied up 2-2. We got a big win in Game 4. But it doesn't mean anything for Game 5." You know, sooner than later, the Rangers "lay back attitude" after a win is going to come back to haunt them. Great teams will capitalize big time on that.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the players are robots for goodness sakes. That's coming from left field and you know it. There's a level of competitiveness that I expect each and every night. What's so hard about that? Why can't people understand that? Does that mean I expect them to win every game? No. I expect them to play hard and look as if they're playing a god damn playoff game and not some regular season game in Buffalo in the middle of December.

The Rangers bring it one night and they lay back the next night. We see this time and time again. They think they've earned the right to lay back, while they've earned nothing.

Look, what AV does best is he doesn't panic. Sometimes it's his Achilles heel (Not making adjustments when they should be made). Other times it's his bread and butter (Keeping players' minds clear). Rangers lose Game 5 with a disheartening performance, but AV won't storm into the locker room screaming profanities and throwing tables. He's calm, cool, and collected. He's a free coach. He believes the players know what's at stake. Torts is a screamer. He screams at everything and in the beginning, the screaming worked. But over time, it loses it's effectiveness. With AV, he's calm and patient and he doesn't scream very often. But when he does, the players know it means something. We'll see how effective everything is tonight.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Asia.....why so? if you don't mind me asking.

also Asia is a big ass continent.....where in Asia?

Philippines... numerous reasons. One, I love going to new places. Grew up in the Bronx, lived all over the U.S., saved some coin, now I want to meander around the globe. Two, my wife is from the Philippines and their culture is very family centric and she misses them like crazy. So... make the better half happy (and her family is awesome, they're great people). Three, the wife owns a house out there and from the Philippines we can travel all over the place... New Zealand, China, Japan, Australia, Thailand, etc all relatively close. To me this sounds pretty freakin stellar and a helluva cool ride. Where better to get Chinese food than in China?

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
It's time for Brassard, Stepan, Hayes, Hagelin, etc to start kicking in some goals. We can't rely on Nash and Marty to do it. Others need to chip in. LGR!!

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Wow... I kept on thinking yesterday was Sunday, so I woke up thinking today is Monday, so I'm just like "oh man, one more day". When I found out today was Tuesday I was like oh **** today is the dayyyyy.

We have to pull through. We've been very solid offensively disregarding last game, but I think we'll score more goals tonight.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong but I said to myself if we go into Tampa down 3-2 we are going to be in trouble. I just hope our season doesn't end today. What am I going to do with the Mets..

I'm not going to make any predictions because anything can happen. All we have to do is create more chances and get bodies to the net and I believe we can win.

Let's go Rangers!! make us all proud!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NeonRanger

May 5, 2015
11264225_1604742546465846_789627914_n.jpg

This got me excited.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
I have a bad feeling about tonight :(

You're not the only one. Probably because unlike other series there have been a few instances of the Rangers not even seeming to bother. Does that happen again tonight? We'll see.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
not feelign at all confident about this game. ive expected comebacks in the past few series the rangers have been down...this one just feels....different.

BarbaraAlphanse

not feelign at all confident about this game. ive expected comebacks in the past few series the rangers have been down...this one just feels....different.

Don't lose hope. All the developments haven't been presented yet. Let's ****ing do this. I'm pumped. We got this.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If the Rangers can find a way to win tonight I think they win the series.

They need the team that potted 6 in game 4 down in Tampa to show up.

Keeping the faith.

BarbaraAlphanse

This isn't any different than against Washington. We should be up in the series. Henrik **** the bed in game 3. Everyone wouldn't feel this was such an unattainable goal if we were up 3-2 right now.

Henrik is gonna come out and be a wall. And our team is going to respond in a big way. Believe.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
NO handshake line tonight....

please.....

MSL....Nash....Show up on the scoreboard....

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Philippines... numerous reasons. One, I love going to new places. Grew up in the Bronx, lived all over the U.S., saved some coin, now I want to meander around the globe. Two, my wife is from the Philippines and their culture is very family centric and she misses them like crazy. So... make the better half happy (and her family is awesome, they're great people). Three, the wife owns a house out there and from the Philippines we can travel all over the place... New Zealand, China, Japan, Australia, Thailand, etc all relatively close. To me this sounds pretty freakin stellar and a helluva cool ride. Where better to get Chinese food than in China?

Panda Garden in the mall food court.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What is it that we usually start to hear in October, 'this is a really important game'.

Personally I don't know, I am not very positive. We haven't put everything together 100% so far, and this time of the year that will hurt you. I think the biggest problem we have had not is the big names scoring or not, or Hank or whatever. It's that McD, one of our by far most valuble players, has been caught chasing especially Johnson around which has taken his from his offensive game AND has not been very successful at all defensively.

This is the first time in the POs the last two years that any unit really has gotten to us.

BarbaraAlphanse

And Tampa is going to try and close this one out at home. This will be game 6 versus the Caps again except against a better team.

I don't think so. A lot of teams have the same problem as the Rangers. Can't close our series' when they have the chance. A lot of teams play a little less urgent with a series lead.

Who cares if Tampa looks better than Washington. Each team has its strengths and weaknesses.

We could easily be up 3-2 in this series.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Seems like every time I give up on this team they pull some magic out of their ass. Get it done tonight.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't think so. A lot of teams have the same problem as the Rangers. Can't close our series' when they have the chance. A lot of teams play a little less urgent with a series lead.

Who cares if Tampa looks better than Washington. Each team has its strengths and weaknesses.

We could easily be up 3-2 in this series.

Could be, but they're not. Tampa saw what the Rangers did to teams who don't close it out before game 7. Look at Lundqvist's numbers. If Tampa loses tonight they lose everything they have going for them. Momentum, confidence, stats, home ice, etc.

If Tampa doesn't come out tonight firing on all cylinders for at least 2 periods I would be shocked. Rangers better play an air tight game tonight because any mistakes could be just enough.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
We've got to do a better job limiting their opportunities in the slot. If we can keep 'em out of there, we've got a chance.

I don't want to see any more waffle-side goals on Hank from relatively close range....or any more all-alone opportunities 10 feet in front of Hank. We need to find a way to make them shoot from further back. They've been penetrating the slot at will.

BarbaraAlphanse

Could be, but they're not. Tampa saw what the Rangers did to teams who don't close it out before game 7. Look at Lundqvist's numbers. If Tampa loses tonight they lose everything they have going for them. Momentum, confidence, stats, home ice, etc.

If Tampa doesn't come out tonight firing on all cylinders for at least 2 periods I would be shocked. Rangers better play an air tight game tonight because any mistakes could be just enough.

I can live with mistakes. They need urgency.

No conservative game plan. Push hard on Bishop. Crash the net. Pinch. Keep plays alive. Keep Tampa pinned. Come back on defense.

That's how we won both games. Anything else and AV was out coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad