GDT: Game 6 | Leafs Vs Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - (and so does) WAKE UP EDITION | Thursday, May 2; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Gonna choose to beleaf tonight. I think Boston is reeling because of last year. Leafs just need to pot 3 or 4 and tighten up. I do think if we win tonight it’s over for Boston.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah its over guys. We aint surviving 2 games in a row without Mathews. Aint happening

Sure we can easily. If Woll performs and the PP and PK are going. We can take this team. Panthers next round..nope

Reactions: fahad203

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Leafs were out with Sundin. MacCuly and Roberts carried the team
MacCuly had 16 points in 82 games. Then in playoffs he had 15 points in 20 games

Dude came through. Someone needs to step up, grow a pair and carry

We were also missing Renberg that series if I recall. That was the entire first line

Dont' hear any excuses about missing top players. Van is missing Demko, Avs missing O'Connor, Druin and Landeskog

LFGO

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I'm conflicted.
Only two wins I've been on my couch and 3 losses I've been out at watch parties.
I was just invited to a watch party. I want to say no but they're ordering Chinese.

Not surprised.

Glue yourself to that couch! Bryan Hayes better stay home too LOL

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
No Matthews.
Home ice.
Special teams are horrendous.
Can't score.
Keefe coaching.
Boston motivated.
Pasta due for a big game.

Seemingly insurmountable odds, right? Yeah, the Leafs are going to win.
Or lose. I really have no idea anymore, except that win/lose they'll make sure it's in the most dramatic way possible.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
you know what would be crazy?

the leafs coming out for once and just burying a team 6-2.

just once
It would be doable if NHL playoff format wasn't total aids and we didn't have face top teams each year right out of the gate

How about we get the Los Angeles Kings or the Washington Capitals for a change

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Leafs were out with Sundin. MacCuly and Roberts carried the team
MacCuly had 16 points in 82 games. Then in playoffs he had 15 points in 20 games

Dude came through. Someone needs to step up, grow a pair and carry

We were also missing Renberg that series if I recall. That was the entire first line

Dont' hear any excuses about missing top players. Van is missing Demko, Avs missing O'Connor, Druin and Landeskog

LFGO

We were an unstoppable force somehow when Roberts took over. I actually remember thinking would we have gone further if Sundin didn't return.

The whole team took on Roberts mindset and it was undeniable.

Then I look at JT and how he acts. Probably get more out of this team with a motivated Reaves wearing the C

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
No Matthews.
Home ice.
Special teams are horrendous.
Can't score.
Keefe coaching.
Boston motivated.
Pasta due for a big game.

Seemingly insurmountable odds, right? Yeah, the Leafs are going to win.
Or lose. I really have no idea anymore, except that win/lose they'll make sure it's in the most dramatic way possible.
Leafs in 7.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Any word on Matthews injury? I know he's out but no idea what it is.

I'm now assuming it's a high ankle sprain.

Anyone see the clip of Matthews skating ? He looks perfect, head injury or something maybe ?
Concussion? If it is, I didn't see it during the game.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Yeah its over guys. We aint surviving 2 games in a row without Mathews. Aint happening
death stare.gif

positive vibes guys. we got this

IronHookem

Nov 8, 2023
It would be doable if NHL playoff format wasn't total aids and we didn't have face top teams each year right out of the gate

How about we get the Los Angeles Kings or the Washington Capitals for a change

Unfortunately, our opponent would be Boston in a 1 vs 8 (BOS 4th & TOR 5th) AND a 1 vs 16 format (BOS 7th & TOR 10th), it was just destined to happen.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
The difference is literally our poweplay

We’ve scored 1 goal total. We should have 3-5 and that would give someone like Marner or Matthews 3-5 more points, putting them at 6-8 like Marchand

I think our poweplay has cost us just as much, if not more than our pk
We "should" have 3.

As bad as the pp has been, we're only two goals short of what an average people would have achieved. PK has been an even bigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad