GDT: Game 6 | Leafs Vs Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - (and so does) WAKE UP EDITION | Thursday, May 2; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Well, with Game 5 they did show they aren't going down with a whimper and without a fight. Good on them there at least.

Here is the thing. They have to win tonight. They simply cannot allow yet another home loss the narrative now on this is too big. And to allow Boston to come in to Toronto and celebrate eliminating us on home ice in front of our fans. Unacceptable.

If they lose in 7. Fine. So be it. To come back from 3 - 1 is difficult and being the lower seeded team. But not tonight. GLG

Reactions: fahad203

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
6 straight home losses. No respectable team would ever allow that.
That's absurd. Keefe better get his act together
It's almost like every negative record is being held by this guy

It's also on the Leafs. They better come out like bat out of hell.
How can you respect yourself as a player with that kind of record

Reactions: saffronleaf

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Seems like a groin issue to me for Mathews. He limped when taking the shot at the end of that practice video.

Usually means its hurting to both shoot and skate. Gotta be a groin issue

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
6 straight home losses. No respectable team would ever allow that.
That's absurd. Keefe better get his act together
It's almost like every negative record is being held by this guy

It's also on the Leafs. They better come out like bat out of hell.
How can you respect yourself as a player with that kind of record

It's not even the worst in Leafs history. But it's still awful

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
With Matthews out it becomes even more imperative that Woll leads the charge, we're not going to score a lot let's be honest.

If we can somehow get 3 and win 3-2 I will be elated

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Playoff home record:

2016-17: 1-2 at home (Was)
2017-18: 2-1 at home (Bos)
2018-19: 1-2 at home (Bos)
2019-20: 1-2 at home (Col)
2020-21: 1-3 at home (Mon)
2021-22: 2-2 at home (Tam)
2022-23: 1-5 at home (Tam 1-2 and Flo 0-3)
2023-24: 0-2 at home (Bos)

Bad: Odds not in our favor
Good: We win atleast one home playoff game per year.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Marchand has 8 points why can't our guys get 8 points, we have the talent.

IMO it's the coaching that can't unlock opportunities for our players. It could mean not coaching our stars up or it could be looking for breakdowns in the oppositions defence. Either way Keefe has hit a wall and it's been this way for a few years.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
It's my older daughter's 7th birthday today, so they can't lose tonight! Series will be won in the 7th game!

I can't watch tonight, which is good. Well, actually I could as we are in Turkey for our annual spring holidays... I won't though as I haven't seen a playoffs win in a long time... It will change in the 2nd round though... Then I will try again to see a win im the playoffs.

GO LEAFS GO!

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Marchand has 8 points why can't our guys get 8 points, we have the talent.

IMO it's the coaching that can't unlock opportunities for our players. It could mean not coaching our stars up or it could be looking for breakdowns in the oppositions defence. Either way Keefe has hit a wall and it's been this way for a few years.
The difference is literally our poweplay

We’ve scored 1 goal total. We should have 3-5 and that would give someone like Marner or Matthews 3-5 more points, putting them at 6-8 like Marchand

I think our poweplay has cost us just as much, if not more than our pk

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
The difference is literally our poweplay

We’ve scored 1 goal total. We should have 3-5 and that would give someone like Marner or Matthews 3-5 more points, putting them at 6-8 like Marchand

I think our poweplay has cost us just as much, if not more than our pk
I put this on Keefe too. If I'm head coach and my PP guy puts out this shitshow, he can go up to the press box and I'd take over.

They take 30 seconds to enter and get set up, no chaos. They give time to let the opposition get set up when they do enter.

Even a dumbass fan like me can see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I bet those teams didn't have the highest paid forwards groups in the league.
I also bet they scored more than 2 goals at least one of those losses
Maybe. Just one of those things in sports that happens that is incredibly frustrating when you are a fan of the team.

Too bad it seems to happen to Toronto teams all too often

Reactions: fahad203

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well, I can't bear to watch us lose another home game from the couch so I'm going to Scotia tonight.
I promise to make noise, even when the scoreboard doesn't tell me to.
I'm conflicted.
Only two wins I've been on my couch and 3 losses I've been out at watch parties.
I was just invited to a watch party. I want to say no but they're ordering Chinese.

Not surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Sypher04

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Well, I can't bear to watch us lose another home game from the couch so I'm going to Scotia tonight.
I promise to make noise, even when the scoreboard doesn't tell me to.
Let’s hope the “fans” don’t get mad for making noise tonight

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This is brutal, man. The secrecy is of course not helping. Nylander was out, and we still not truly sure why. Matthews is out now, and we don’t know why. Guys that were healthy all season. Just brutal luck.

Reactions: Kurtz

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Wretched season for injuries, Woll, Marner, McMann, Nylander after playing 82 games, Matthews after playing 81 games, geez.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
It's my older daughter's 7th birthday today, so they can't lose tonight! Series will be won in the 7th game!

I can't watch tonight, which is good. Well, actually I could as we are in Turkey for our annual spring holidays... I won't though as I haven't seen a playoffs win in a long time... It will change in the 2nd round though... Then I will try again to see a win im the playoffs.

GO LEAFS GO!

Happy 7th birthday to your little Leafs Fan!

Reactions: SwissLeaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well, with Game 5 they did show they aren't going down with a whimper and without a fight. Good on them there at least.

Here is the thing. They have to win tonight. They simply cannot allow yet another home loss the narrative now on this is too big. And to allow Boston to come in to Toronto and celebrate eliminating us on home ice in front of our fans. Unacceptable.

If they lose in 7. Fine. So be it. To come back from 3 - 1 is difficult and being the lower seeded team. But not tonight. GLG

Well, keep in mind the Leafs played a p-e-r-f-e-c-t playoff game vs the Florida Panthers to stave off elimination in Game 4 on the road last year. Then came home and were gripping sticks and playing tight in Game 5 in the elimination game. So you never know what shows up, but winning tonight and not finishing the season on home ice in defeat would be grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad