GDT: Game 6: Ducks vs. Wild 2/1/13 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Deserved one for Teemu for those two awesome passes + the other one.

Did Lydman play? Didn't hear the commentator say his name for once.
He sat so that Sami could play. Don't worry, he'll be back tomorrow. Allen will not.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
My only complaint is Beleskey on the 1st line, and 1st PP UNIT!!!!! He does not have enough poise with the puck to be on ANY PP. Also, dont think he has an accurate enough shot to be the recipient of all these amazing Getz/Perry passes hes been getting.

Corey Perry*

Woooo! WE WON!

Ok, at first, I thought the light the lamp was really corny. It isn't that bad, but that may be because I really like the whole "light up the Halo!".

It will be less corny once they stop doing the thing with Wild Wing after the game.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I guess, but it seems like a long slog through a lot of mediocre **** to get to the point where we have lots of good young players coming.

Mikkelson, Shannon, Ebbett, Gordon, Festerling, Nokelainen, Salcido, Sexton and Carter- I'm looking at you.
Rebuilds. It's amazing that we managed to make it to 4th in the West during that process.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
My only complaint is Beleskey on the 1st line, and 1st PP UNIT!!!!! He does not have enough poise with the puck to be on ANY PP. Also, dont think he has an accurate enough shot to be the recipient of all these amazing Getz/Perry passes hes been getting.

he missed 1 shot.. the other 1 was a brilliant save by backstrom

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
2nd line

3. T
2. bobby
1. KP

Hard to argue with those choices but I wouldn't have argued with Backstrom getting 3rd star. Teemu was great though.

Ryan has been fine last 3 games but tonight he was sickly good.

Everyone was good though. I didn't think anyone played bad. Allen was the worst but he wasn't that bad either. DSP still needs to be sent down.

God if Ryan can play that well there consistently we may have something.

Beleskey is still not a 1st line player though. Like to see us improve there at the deadline.

Vatanen was great and was awesome on PP

I like Bonino on 4h line. Give Rakkel more time to develop.

Send DSP down and switch Allen and Lydman.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Super corny. Just light the thing and show a shot of it at the end of the post game show.

It will be less corny once they stop doing the thing with Wild Wing after the game.

Hampeus beat me to it, the Wild Wing thing is the corny part.

Beleskey was credited for eight hits tonight. If he pots that maracle save we'd probably be saying he had a great game

I thought he played good. I don't understand why he simply floats in the slot at times, but I imagine he is being told to do that in order to let the Twins work the boards.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
sbisa needs more icetime.. only 13m tonight, even vatanen had more ice time lol (albeit only by 40 seconds)

allen's getting too much ice time for my taste.. 21m but i guess he's paired with fowler and hes leading our team in TOI at 24

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I love how this team is playing right now. They are playing a high pressure style with lots of skating, but aren't sacrificing defence. So much fun to watch.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Hampeus beat me to it, the Wild Wing thing is the corny part.

I thought he played good. I don't understand why he simply floats in the slot at times, but I imagine he is being told to do that in order to let the Twins work the boards.

ya i imagine his job is to be near the net to unleash his shot which is his best trait or be close enough to get the dirty goals

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
sbisa needs more icetime.. only 13m tonight, even vatanen had more ice time lol (albeit only by 40 seconds)

allen's getting too much ice time for my taste.. 21m but i guess he's paired with fowler and hes leading our team in TOI at 24

Keep in mind that Vatanen got PP time.

Corey Perry*

I totally forgot Suter and Parise were on the Wild. They were really invisible.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I am concerned that Lydman in for allen makes the defense too small, although Allen's boneheaded play with the puck may force BB's hand, plus Lydman plays bigger than he is. Still...

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
he missed 1 shot.. the other 1 was a brilliant save by backstrom

That shot was wide open in the slot... Im not basing my opinion on tonight, im basing it on the last 3 years. I appreciate his hustle and dont mind him on the 4th line but he belongs no where near the top line. Id be shocked if he was still there very long.

Oct 18, 2011
I am concerned that Lydman in for allen makes the defense too small, although Allen's boneheaded play with the puck may force BB's hand, plus Lydman plays bigger than he is. Still...
Well i was just thinking, vs a big team like the Kings we probably can't scratch Allen tomorrow

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
That shot was wide open in the slot... Im not basing my opinion on tonight, im basing it on the last 3 years. I appreciate his hustle and dont mind him on the 4th line but he belongs no where near the top line. Id be shocked if he was still there very long.

i guess we'll agree to disagree. im basing his play off THIS season because its the first season hes been really fully healthy and he looks good. perry's been worse than belesky on that 1st line so far.

Corey Perry*

Luckily with Vatanen, he can easily play forward if we ever roll with 7 defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad