Nystrom - Fiddler - Vincour
Morrow - Wandell - Garbutt

Dillon - Robidas
Jordie Benn - Daley
Goligoski - Larsen

Lehtonen

Inactive
Nilstorp (IR), Roy

"@MikeHeika: Stars still have to get Jamie Benn's paperwork done by 4 p.m. central time for him to play Monday Night"

"@RobMixer #CBJ lines this morning: 18-42-15, 9-10-40, 71-19-22, 11-17-16. Defense pairs remain the same."

"@RobMixer Those are in no particular order, just as they take rushes. #CBJ"

"@dankamal From a.m. skate, looks as though Bobrovsky gets the start tonight vs. Dallas."

"@StarsInsideEdge Kari Lehtonen will get the start tonight Vs. The #cbj"

@jrimercbj "#Stars still don't know if Jagr, lower body and Jamie Benn,immigration will play vs #CBJ tonight. But both are in the building and hopeful"

@RobMixer "Jaromir Jagr is taking the morning skate with the Stars, but it’s still unclear whether he plays tonight vs. #CBJ"

@MikeHeika "Lines at Morning Skate in Columbus: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr, Whitney-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour, Morrow-Wandell-Garbutt."

@MikeHeika "D-Pairs at Columbus: Dillon-Robidas, Jordie Benn-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen. Interesting switches there. Derek Roy (groin) is not on trip."

@dankamal "Jagr definitely in tonight."

@StarsPR "Jamie Benn's paperwork has been approved. He is expected to be in tonight's lineup."

“@RobMixer: #CBJ lines unchanged from the AM skate: 18-42-15, 11-17-16, 71-19-22, 9-10-40. Defense pairs the same, Bobrovsky in net.”

Last edited:

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
you have Jagr on the first line and inactives, diffrent guys or just a mistake?

GrimReeper

Apr 7, 2009
This game is incredibly critical. I feel that we can rebound our slow start with a win tonight. Another loss, well...we just may be seeing the same old habits return.

My bold predictions:

- A CBJ Win, and scoring spree: 5-2 Blue Jackets.
- Umberger and Brassard both with 3 points
- Jack Johnson gets a goal
- Umberger gets a Gordie Howe

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
"@RobMixer #CBJ lines this morning: 18-42-15, 9-10-40, 71-19-22, 11-17-16. Defense pairs remain the same."

"@RobMixer Those are in no particular order, just as they take rushes. #CBJ"

"@dankamal From a.m. skate, looks as though Bobrovsky gets the start tonight vs. Dallas."

"@StarsInsideEdge Kari Lehtonen will get the start tonight Vs. The #cbj"

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Getting goals on the PP is critical. Bobs is 2 for 2 lifetime against the Stars....so we've got that going for us.

IHeartZherdev*

Would be nice to see the coaching staff actually hold players accountable tonight after Saturday's debacle.

If Brass takes a terrible penalty at a critical time tonight, I don't want to see him back on the ice without missing a shift. When Aucoin or Tyutin pass it to the wrong team, or commit another lazy turnover, sit them down.

On well coached teams, players are accountable for the mistakes they make - especially when they are the lazy type. The sooner the coaching staff stops giving RJ, Brass, and the rest of the usual offenders free passes, the better. Aside from just sending a message to the team, it might actually be what those guys need to respond and play better.

Out here on the east coast, you see Torts do that all the time. He benches guys for shifts or even whole periods, whether it's Brad Richards, Gaborik, or a 3rd liner. He gets on guys after they make a mistake, and lets them know it's not acceptable and more is expected of them. I'd love to see our coaching staff start treating are players like NHLers who are expected to win, as opposed to a JV team just happy to skate on the same ice as their opponents.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@jrimercbj "#Stars still don't know if Jagr, lower body and Jamie Benn,immigration will play vs #CBJ tonight. But both are in the building and hopeful"

@RobMixer "Jaromir Jagr is taking the morning skate with the Stars, but it’s still unclear whether he plays tonight vs. #CBJ"

@MikeHeika "Lines at Morning Skate in Columbus: Eriksson-Benn-Jagr, Whitney-Eakin-Ryder, Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour, Morrow-Wandell-Garbutt."

@MikeHeika "D-Pairs at Columbus: Dillon-Robidas, Jordie Benn-Daley, Goligoski-Larsen. Interesting switches there. Derek Roy (groin) is not on trip."

Last edited:

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH

I'd hardly call Saturday's game a "debacle". Some dumb plays yes, but overall it was a great improvement compared to the recent road trip. Regardless of whether it is the best way to get better play out of the team, Richards is not Torts (thank goodness), and he will never coach like that.

IHeartZherdev*

Regardless of whether it is the best way to get better play out of the team, Richards is not Torts (thank goodness), and he will never coach like that.

Holding players accountable for doing their jobs isn't a Torts thing, it's a professional sports coach thing.

IHeartZherdev*

I'd hardly call Saturday's game a "debacle". Some dumb plays yes, but overall it was a great improvement compared to the recent road trip. Regardless of whether it is the best way to get better play out of the team, Richards is not Torts (thank goodness), and he will never coach like that.

Honestly, it's this attitude that is the worst part about the CBJ fandom and the organization. Hey, we made some terrible plays, but at least we didn't lose 4-0!

With the talent and youth, of course I don't expect this team to win a ton of games or make the playoffs. But that doesn't give them the excuse to play stupid and hand the puck to Jonathan Toews alone in front of the net by himself. If that isn't a debacle I don't know what is.

There is no way Aucoin deserves to be in the lineup tonight. Because he has been awful. But because of his age, contract, and other factors, he is still penciled in while a guy like Savard sits. This sends a terrible message to the team and in my opinion, is extremely poor coaching. We brought Aucoin in to be a smart, veteran player. If he is not doing that job he needs to sit for Savard. Putting Gillies in the lineup tonight but not Savard is extremely disappointing.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Updated lines from practice...
Eriksson - Jamie Benn - Jagr
Whitney - Eakin - Ryder
Nystrom - Fiddler - Vincour
Morrow - Wandell - Garbutt

Goligoski - Larsen
Jordie Benn - Daley
Dillon - Robidas

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Would be nice to see the coaching staff actually hold players accountable tonight after Saturday's debacle.

Saturday was a debacle? :shakehead

Accountability is never a bad thing, but there are other ways to do it than to staple a guy to the bench.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Honestly, it's this attitude that is the worst part about the CBJ fandom and the organization. Hey, we made some terrible plays, but at least we didn't lose 4-0!
Meh. I guess I've finally found my rose-colored glasses and am cautiously optimistic about the direction of the team.

I'll be in the micro brew line if anyone wants to say hi.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

I can call a spade a spade, but a 3-2 loss with a controversial goal disallowed against the hottest team in the league isn't a debacle to me. The PHX game fits that description better, IMO.

Tolerating a close loss is not acceptance of losing. You're not going to win them all. Compete every night. I can 'tolerate' a loss like the one versus CHI, but I cannot tolerate a game like PHX. Maybe I'm alone in that.

Regarding mistakes, and how to correct them, different coaches have different methods. I love Torts, but his methods aren't the only way to get results..

IHeartZherdev*

Regarding mistakes, and how to correct them, different coaches have different methods. I love Torts, but his methods aren't the only way to get results..

I agree with this.

The problem is, we don't use any methods or correct any mistakes. We just are happy with effort (which isn't even 60 mins...the Chicago game we had a solid first period and last minutes of the 3rd) and go on making the same mistakes over and over again.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
We lose 4-2. It will be sold as a moral win because a couple of our favorites skated hard and we got shortchanged by the refs and if Mason had started, it would have been 8-2.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I agree with this.

The problem is, we don't use any methods or correct any mistakes. We just are happy with effort (which isn't even 60 mins...the Chicago game we had a solid first period and last minutes of the 3rd) and go on making the same mistakes over and over again.

I would counter with having seen far less mistakes against CHI than we saw against PHX, or even COL.

I felt like the CHI game was far more solid than not. There were ebbs and flows, but I never felt like they were being outclassed for entire runs of shifts. I guess we just see it differently.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
We lose 4-2. It will be sold as a moral win because a couple of our favorites skated hard and we got shortchanged by the refs and if Mason had started, it would have been 8-2.

Hoping you're wrong, and that you then go out and enjoy the sun a bit instead of being so miserable here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad