GDT: Game #6: Columbus Blue Jackets @ YOUR MN WILD- Tuesday, 1/29/13 @ 7:00 pm CST

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Gotta get two points vs. Columbus..especially considering they aren't flying into town until 10am because of the fog..right off the jet check in and play for them..and they played last night. Gotta take advantage and smoke them

Billy Mays Here*

No excuses if we don't win here. Day rested, weak opponent, we're mostly healthy (fully healthy if Spurgeon plays). Panic mode engaged if the second line can't score at least one goal tonight.

Billy Mays Here*

Please don't remind us of the horrible drafting pre-Fletcher. I try not to think about it.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Columbus wont just roll over and die. Our guys will actually have to play hockey if they want to win.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Every opponent but Detriot has been playing the second game of back to backs against the Wild this season. Of coarse, Colorado doesn't count. Wish the Wild would of took advantage of that fact.

THEALLKNOWING*

After getting out-coached by Trotz, Babcock and the Hitch, imagine Yeo getting out-coached by TR? Last time CBJ was in town, didn't they win? Native Minnies may be a bit ambivalent about who wins because after all TR is one of their own. I know it sounds funny but I would rather have power forward Gillies replacing Cullen on any line. Based upon results thus far, I am guessing someone on the 2-4 lines gets an assist, but only because they were on the power play.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Read in the news that Yeo will probably change lines 2-4. What do you think it'll be if thats true?

Source in Finnish

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
After getting out-coached by Trotz, Babcock and the Hitch, imagine Yeo getting out-coached by TR? Last time CBJ was in town, didn't they win? Native Minnies may be a bit ambivalent about who wins because after all TR is one of their own. I know it sounds funny but I would rather have power forward Gillies replacing Cullen on any line. Based upon results thus far, I am guessing someone on the 2-4 lines gets an assist, but only because they were on the power play.

Is this serious? No Minnesotan Wild fan would be OK with CBJ winning just because Richards is from MN.
Also please explain just how Yeo was "out-coached" by all of those coaches. I'm sure if we wouldn't have taken those 3 back to back penalties in STL and held on to win you wouldn't be saying he got "out-coached".

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Read in the news that Yeo will probably change lines 2-4. What do you think it'll be if thats true?

Source in Finnish

Again? Wow. And no call-ups either.

I'm thinking:

Bouchard - Granlund - Brodziak
Clutterbuck - Cullen - Setoguchi
Powe - Konopka - Mitchell

Don't know if we'll see Kassian or not. Setoguchi might get dropped a line because let's face it, he has been outright bad in the first five games.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011

Source in Finnish

"Probably"? Nothing in the article says anything more than "there might possibly perhaps be changes made maybe". Either way, I wouldn't really read into what Finnish media writes about NHL, as it's pretty much always second-hand information and often misinterpreted/exaggerated.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
5-2 Wild.

Expect the 3rd line to have 2 goals!

Wow, I am optimistic today.

But, seriously, the Wild should be able to do what they did against Dallas for most of the game and Detroit in the first period - forecheck and control momentum - to Columbus. Hopefully it looks like what St. Louis did to us minus the physical dominance, since, we don't have that.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
"Probably"? Nothing in the article says anything more than "there might possibly perhaps be changes made maybe". Either way, I wouldn't really read into what Finnish media writes about NHL, as it's pretty much always second-hand information and often misinterpreted/exaggerated.

The article is written in a sense that there might be line changes. Perhaps I should have used the word "might". Anyway.

Plus, YLE is way better than IS / IL etc.

Last edited:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
The article is in a sense that there might be line changes. Thats why I used the word "probably". Perhaps I should have used the word maybe. Either way, my point is the same. Nitpicking.

Plus, YLE is way more reliable then IS / IL etc.

It's not really news though, just a guy speculating based on what Yeo said.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
It's not really news though, just a guy speculating based on what Yeo said.

True, but it was an article in a news site, thats what I meant by "read in the news".

Plus I think the article is based on this.

Coach Mike Yeo said he might make some changes to the Wild's lines for Tuesday's game against Columbus at Xcel Energy Center, though he will leave the Parise-Mikko Koivu-Dany Heatley line intact.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I'd like to see the lines we had last game. I think they looked good until the penalties took over.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This game is a measuring stick... we win fairly cleanly and it proves we are an above average team taking care of average to below average teams. We might not be in that elite category with Chicago or Pittsburgh (when Pitt gets going) but we will be able to compete with those elite teams. We also should get into the playoffs if we take care of those average to below average teams and compete highly with the better teams.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
This game is a measuring stick... we win fairly cleanly and it proves we are an above average team taking care of average to below average teams. We might not be in that elite category with Chicago or Pittsburgh (when Pitt gets going) but we will be able to compete with those elite teams. We also should get into the playoffs if we take care of those average to below average teams and compete highly with the better teams.

Swap the pens for the Blues.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
From Fallness.

They'll do well.

Columbus' defense is a lot better than they've been given credit for, but they aren't all that physical. PMB and MiG are going to get some room to work, and hopefully it'll be beautiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad