Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs Thursday @8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
If we can force a game 7, the whole narrative changes, for the first time in this core’s history. We’ll be going into game 7, not talking about our heartbreaks over the years, but their’s last year. The pressure will squarely be on the Bruins. The echos of ghosts not in our room, but in their’s.

We can take the ice knowing that doubt is a cloud over that bench, and in their room. Play free, and have fun out there.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We outplayed them soundly in game 5, but we still needed great goaltending to barely squeak out a 2-1 victory in OT.

If we expect to extend the series, we have to start converting on the power play and score more than 2 goals a game.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Play same defensive game and grind it out at home .. always stay on right side of puck .. high and hard on glass or da flip play .. clear da net so Woll sees da puck .. D take rebounders away .. no passes up da middle .. playoff hockey is a grind .. winners grind it out harder than other team .. 4 man screen goals or going hard to net for rebound is how you score goals .. there are no freebies .. Cats did it last year to bruins same way

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Don't do this...don't give me hope
These guys…..
Teetering on hope and disappointment constantly, always balancing the just enough to lose line….
Honestly, so little offense so far and like the classic movie line still: so you’re saying there’s a chance?

If Keefe wasn't afraid to demote Marner I think the best lines if Matthews is back are this:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Holmberg-Marner
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Reaves/Dewar
I really want to see Nick and Mitch. Chance to be the real x-factor.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The home team is 1-4 in this series. Home ice "advantage"?
We need to win 3 of 4 in the TD garden to win the series. Now that would be an accomplishment given the three amigos have only been in the lineup together for two periods. The worst two periods this team has played this series.

Last edited:

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
I am reminded of the hot streak like when Rielly was suspended and win 7 straight games (that would at least put us in the conference final). This team only comes to play when they are written off by everyone. The worse the situation the longer the streak.

Though after Saturday loss, I've told myself I won't place too much hope on this team any more until proven otherwise.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
I still don't have a lot of hope. The effort of the team as a whole is so inconsistent. Play like last night, we have a chance, but we still needed OT and some big stops from Woll to get over a team that scored one goal.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
It they manage to force game 7 I hope the fair and unbiased Sportsnet production team gives these two the same amount of screen time as usual at the end of the game.

Attachments

• 6452a4a83d917.image.jpg
    6452a4a83d917.image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Just got to hope the Leafs vs Bruins script holds for at least one more game. Gotta get that game 7.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
After the last several years the Leafs followed up a great win in the playoffs with a stinker. Maybe they start getting over confident with the win. Keefe better have them ready, the Bruins will be more desperate next game. They play like last night they will win the series.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Expecting a huge game from Nylander on Thursday.

I think that goal will heat up Knies for the rest of the playoffs as well.
Nylander has been tough to watch to be honest. Obviously once the puck is on his stick he’s great, but watching him without the puck hurts my head. He doesn’t even look like he wants to be out there.

Reactions: Al14 and PROUD PAPA

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leafs Nation was at an all time low prior to Game 5, never heard so much past tense verbiage in my life.

Never stop Beleafing until we're out!

Excited for another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad