Ladd - Nelson - Fritz
Johnston - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Boychuk
Hickey - Pulock
Pelech - Aho

Halak

-------------------------​

The Opponent

The New York Islanders are coming off back-to-back 3-0 shutout victories, the first at home against the New York Rangers on Thursday and the second at Carolina on Friday. The victories followed up a stretch where the Islanders had lost four of their previous five contests.

Goaltenders Jaroslav Halak and Thomas Greiss were outstanding in the shutouts; Halak made 50 saves in the win over the Rangers, while Greiss stopped 45 shots in Carolina.

The game Monday is the final one in a stretch of seven of nine at Barclays Center for the Islanders. After the game, New York will play at home just twice over the next four weeks.

Forward John Tavares leads the Islanders with 30 goals and 64 points. Rookie forward Mathew Barzal has 16 goals and 62 points, while Josh Bailey has 15 goals and 62 points. Anders Lee is second on the club with 29 goals.

Halak has seen more action between the posts this season, posting an 18-18-4 record with a 3.17 goals-against average and a .912 save percentage in 38 starts.

-------------------------​

Looks like all the right teams have been losing lately, but LA's likely to knock us out of a wildcard spot if we drop this one.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Presidents day, but I still have to work, so I guess I'm missing this one.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I'll be working as well. Our Finnish friends are going to have to do the heavy lifting in the GDT today. :sarcasm:

Nice 8pm start time over there!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This early game is really messing with my pregame routine of watching "The Virginian" before puck drop. I like Audi Murphy movies as much as the next guy (if the next guy is 60+ years old and like westerns), but it's just not the same. :cry:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That info is throwing a whole new wrinkle onto your on screen persona, Wabit.

Dark Ambient

Darkness descends
Feb 4, 2018
Finland
There is a simple way the Wild will walk away with a win.
Do not let it turn into a run-and-gun shooting gallery. That's where the Islanders are at their strongest.
Win 1-0. Win 2-1.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Missed Saturday’s game due to work. Thankfully, class for today isn’t until 5 :yo:

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I hope this is the game Nino finds his mojo. He's usually good for a goal against his old team.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
NHL ice seems so small after watching a bunch of Olympic hockey games.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Wow, Dubnyk starting again. Does Stalock not even exist after that Dallas game where he was average? Kinda funny that when Dubnyk plays even worse than that he gets at most one game off but usually none. Silly coaching.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wow, Dubnyk starting again. Does Stalock not even exist after that Dallas game where he was average? Kinda funny that when Dubnyk plays even worse than that he gets at most one game off but usually none. Silly coaching.

Wild have a back-to-back later in the week. That probably plays into the decision on who's starting today.

fgobuzz

Dec 10, 2010
Kentucky
I'm stuck watching the Islanders feed and I gotta say it might be time to put Butch Goring out to pasture!
Ek!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce