GDT: GAME 59 | Senators @ Flyers | Don't Panic Edition | Sat Mar 2nd 7PM, 2024 | SN1, TVAS2

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well, it was an exciting finish.

Otherwise I think most of us would agree things are getting mighty grim in Ottawa.

And now we're heading out West for the dreaded California road trip. Not gonna get any better soon.

Reactions: Race Dawg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Officially on tank watch now. There's just no reason to win anymore this season. We need a high pick.

Probably should have gone to OT, a terrible PS call, what was it, 4 posts in the final 2 mins? Sogaard deserved better.

If we had shown up in the first maybe I'd agree with you.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Probably should have gone to OT, a terrible PS call, what was it, 4 posts in the final 2 mins? Sogaard deserved better.
Sogaard really held them in in the first. Obviously screened but down on the 2nd goal.. and the Shite Penalty shot call; but it was a bad turnover that led to it.

First period no show ... can't expect to win.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Officially on tank watch now. There's just no reason to win anymore this season. We need a high pick.

If we had shown up in the first maybe I'd agree with you.
Sogaard kept us in it through the first, despite 3 penalties (two of which were pretty damn suspect), refs put their thumb on the scale imo, the calls we got were pretty clear high sticks for the most (there was also a hook on Chabot that took away a chance). We beat the goalie multiple times in the final mins, just not the posts.

We didn't play a great game, I'm not saying we deserved a win, but the flyers took a bunch of gifts and almost let it slip away, I'd have liked to see Sogaard get rewarded for his performance

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sogaard kept us in it through the first, despite 3 penalties (two of which were pretty damn suspect), refs put their thumb on the scale imo, the calls we got were pretty clear high sticks for the most (there was also a hook on Chabot that took away a chance). We beat the goalie multiple times in the final mins, just not the posts.

We didn't play a great game, I'm not saying we deserved a win, but the flyers took a bunch of gifts and almost let it slip away, I'd have liked to see Sogaard get rewarded for his performance

no doubt Soogard himself deserved a better fate

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sens arent close to contending. Anyone saying this roster doesn't need a major shakeup is delusional.
Some massive move would have to take place.

A two way low scoring vet is going to replace tarasenko.

Tanev will be signed
And chychrun will be traded for futures.

That’s it.

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
Sens arent close to contending. Anyone saying this roster doesn't need a major shakeup is delusional.
There’s no single shakeup that’s going to turn us into contenders. We need consistency in our play. Not run entirely on emotions etc. Jacques and staff working away at that but hopefully the next coaching staff can get it done to start next season.

Regular seasons are full of ups and downs. You will lose a couple in a row but the top teams find a way to quickly stop the bleeding and not go into prolonged slumps. That’s how you make the playoffs. Get in and build on the experience before worrying about being a contender

Reactions: PlayOn

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I agree, we’ve won our way out of a lottery pick like 5 times already, time to cut the shit.
I agree the lottery pick should be the focus at this point...

That said, the Sens could be the last team in the league by a country mile and they'd still lose the top lottery pick given the nice little NHL draft backroom fiasco goes down. Remember Sens had the highest statistical chance in 2020 (about 25%) and both Sens picks (2 and 3) dropped to 3 & 5? Sure, riiiiiight! Buffalo (a team outside the top 10) ended up with the 1st pick. It's a total bullshit bush league.

I may be mistaken but I believe the numbers are something like the Sens have maintained their draft position 10 times and dropped 4. Tell me the statistical odds of that without snickering.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Waffler

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I agree the lottery pick should be the focus at this point...

That said, the Sens could be the last team in the league by a country mile and they'd still lose the top lottery pick given the nice little NHL backroom fiasco. Remember Sens had the highest statistical chance in 2021 (about 25%) and both Sens picks (2 and 4) dropped to 3 & 5? Sure, riiiiiight! Buffalo (a team outside the top 10) ended up with the 1st pick. It's a total bullshit bush league.

oh I remember, it was the Rangers lol. The lottery luck hasn’t been on their side at all. Even going back to the Zibanejad draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad