GDT: Game 59: Anaheim Ducks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Lets Keep On Rolling

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
DWaQxbYVAAABdv9.jpg:large

Anaheim Ducks @ Vegas Golden Knights
7:00 PM Pacific
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

(Click to find channel in your area)
Cox: 313(SD)/1313(HD)
DirecTV: 684 (HD)
Centurylink: 760(SD)/1760(HD)

(Click for link to listen online)

EV4o4qy.png

mqBxoGH.png

fQzfoFS.png

CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

LETS LIGHT THE LAMP!

:vegas GO KNIGHTS GO! :vegas

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This is a hugely important game... perhaps there is no more important game of the season... If we win tonight, I will Overtake BattleBorn for the best record in GDT's.... There is no other we to put this, it's do or die, we must win this game :P

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
ConflictofInterestBowl-The Worst Round for me.

On one hand Anaheim needs every point possible. On the other, Vegas needs every point possible if they want a shot at the President's Trophy.

Can this please end in OT?

Reactions: hangman005

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I have a fewling this game will be a letdown for us. Anaheim has been playing well and is fighting for their lives while.we are fighting for dinner.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I have a fewling this game will be a letdown for us. Anaheim has been playing well and is fighting for their lives while.we are fighting for dinner.

Uhhhhhhhhhh no they haven't. The Henrique/Kase/Ritchie line and Gibson have been playing well. The rest of the team has been really poor. Their last game was their best in weeks and I'd argue that they still depended too much on Gibson.

I'd argue their "lately" hockey has been some of the worst in recent memory dating back to the last time Carlyle was fired. The Ducks fan in me is somewhat dreading this game because they are very very beatable right now. The key for the Knights is suppressing the Kase line and Getzlaf and peppering Gibson with enough shots from different sides of the ice. Keep him moving and he can break down. But again. I really want this to go to OT. Most fans on either side really don't but hey. Conflict of interest.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Uhhhhhhhhhh no they haven't. The Henrique/Kase/Ritchie line and Gibson have been playing well. The rest of the team has been really poor. Their last game was their best in weeks and I'd argue that they still depended too much on Gibson.

I'd argue their "lately" hockey has been some of the worst in recent memory dating back to the last time Carlyle was fired. The Ducks fan in me is somewhat dreading this game because they are very very beatable right now. The key for the Knights is suppressing the Kase line and Getzlaf and peppering Gibson with enough shots from different sides of the ice. Keep him moving and he can break down. But again. I really want this to go to OT. Most fans on either side really don't but hey. Conflict of interest.

Haha Carlyle. When are the Ducks ever going to admit he's crap and you can't live off of one Cup where you had a totally loaded roster? Sharks and Kings fans were giving a standing ovation when they announced he was coming back. As for the players, this is it. They are old and breakdowns are inevitable. Perry still puts it together on occasions but he's a shell of his former self and getting way too much money for that. Getzlaf and Kesler, among others, are heading that way.

I suppose this team could be a threat for a round if everyone does put themselves together in time, but I could see them totally imploding as well either down the stretch or in the first round.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Haha Carlyle. When are the Ducks ever going to admit he's crap and you can't live off of one Cup where you had a totally loaded roster? Sharks and Kings fans were giving a standing ovation when they announced he was coming back. As for the players, this is it. They are old and breakdowns are inevitable. Perry still puts it together on occasions but he's a shell of his former self and getting way too much money for that. Getzlaf and Kesler, among others, are heading that way.

I suppose this team could be a threat for a round if everyone does put themselves together in time, but I could see them totally imploding as well either down the stretch or in the first round.
Most Ducks fans realize this. Murray doesn't realize his buddy is a bust of a coach and said bust of a coach doesn't realize his top 4 option in Kevin Bieksa is not an NHL player anymore. This team can make the playoffs but I don't think they're gonna do much damage. We'll see what they do at the deadline. Basically if they don't find a good partner for Fowler and demote Bieksa already they won't go far regardless if everything else goes right for them.

As for tonight, I really doubt Anaheim has done well long enough to build up momentum to be worried about them too much. They are incredibly beatable if Vegas puts up a complete effort, but if Anaheim can put a complete effort it can be a loss. We'll see what happens I guess.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think resting Neal is a good idea, although this is a questionable game to do it. Smart teams take vets like this and give them mini-breaks to avoid the grind with phantom injuries. I think might be smart to do the same with Perron in a bit, but at least he didn't have to go to the dog and pony show in Tampa. Wish we could do it with Flower but can't risk divisional games with Max, but maybe Oscar will come give him some rest soon.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't think there's any real calculus behind Neal sitting out other than he's got/is recovering from the flu.

Keep the sick people away. Get Tuch into a room at the Red Rock instead of sharing a sick shack with Shea.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
ConflictofInterestBowl-The Worst Round for me.

On one hand Anaheim needs every point possible. On the other, Vegas needs every point possible if they want a shot at the President's Trophy.

Can this please end in OT?

For those who are somewhat new to following the NHL( I know you aren't HanSolo), the President's Trophy is the kiss of death. You really don't want it. If the team struggles a little bit down the stretch, stay calm and realize the proper way to prepare yourself for a long playoff run is to not go on a long winning streak in the last two months of the season. Rest your veterans, use all those useful parts from your AHL team, make sure you have viable options for inevitable injuries and most of all don't expend any effort to win at all costs near the end. You don't want to necessarily lose on purpose, but you don't want to employ any optimal strategies such as shortening your bench or scheduling your best possible lineup every night.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For those who are somewhat new to following the NHL( I know you aren't HanSolo), the President's Trophy is the kiss of death. You really don't want it. If the team struggles a little bit down the stretch, stay calm and realize the proper way to prepare yourself for a long playoff run is to not go on a long winning streak in the last two months of the season. Rest your veterans, use all those useful parts from your AHL team, make sure you have viable options for inevitable injuries and most of all don't expend any effort to win at all costs near the end. You don't want to necessarily lose on purpose, but you don't want to employ any optimal strategies such as shortening your bench or scheduling your best possible lineup every night.
Normally I'd agree but we could just as easily not win the cup AND miss winning the President's Trophy.

I think winning the prize would be a great story. I think the curse is massively overstated and buy into "anything can happen in the playoffs" a lot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad