GDT: Game # 59 - 2/25 - New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals - 1pm EST, ESPN+, ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I just can't see how you can do anything but bridge the guy. His potential is sky high but he's just a dumb hockey player sometimes. Sooner or later you can't call the guy "raw" anymore. He's just going to be what he is at a certain point. A good 2nd pairing defenseman with good offensive tools that skates well but is prone to defensive lapses. I wouldn't sign this guy long term.
I think that's all the more reason to go long term now.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
We should enough firepower to put more than two against Kuemper. Our offence is the problem right now. We've scored 2,1,1 and now again 2 our last 4 games which we have lost.
Huh? Everyone's been awful. Stop blaming the offense. No one's backchecking either.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Rangers just can't lose... they have to lose in the most miserable fashion possible on the eve of a superstar joining them making them look like scoring is the last thing they need.

just makes me question the mentality of that room right now.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
The entire team isn't playing defense Trocheck is a -4 today, Tank and Mikkola-3. You arent winning games like that.

Seriously though Mikkola looks to be one of the worst Rangers dmen in my 30+ years of watching hockey. Is he ever in the right position?

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think that's all the more reason to go long term now.
Then you trade him as was suggested earlier. He's actually going to command more dollars on the long term deal that this team just can't commit to given the current roster construction. Out of the grouping of him, Schneider, Lafreniere, Kakko, and Chytil, they have two years to evaluate who's a keeper out of that group as a part of the next core and who isn't.

He's not turning into an $8 million dollar player in the next two years. I'll say that with utmost confidence. He'll still be worth about $5 million a year whether he's given it now or two years from now. Why pay him now?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Huh? Everyone's been awful. Stop blaming the offense. No one's backchecking either.
It was a response to those who are crying about goaltending. Yes, the goaltending hasn't been as good as it was last year. But it was hardly the problem tonight either.

Reactions: I Eat Crow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad