Post-Game Talk: GAME 58 - No puck luck in OT but 3 points in Alberta isn't bad - Flames 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Since I've been on the subject of GF% in another post, worth mentioning too that Lindholm has the best 5v5 on-ice GF% of any defender on the team - 65% (44-24) - which ranks him 7th in the whole league amongst defenders who have spent at least 300 mins TOI. I don't want to sugar coat him with one stat; Hampus has definitely had some shaky games and there are times when his passing and decision-making has been less than ideal. I think that's indisputable. But he's soaking up some big mins, been a real go-to guy for Monty all season, and the key metric, however much luck or other factors are involved, is well in his favor.

Could he be better? Sure, and we've seen he can be. But if this is 'sucking' I'll take it. Playoffs of course will be the real test. First postseason with the Bs he got rocked early, 2nd he was underwhelming but did have the excuse of a foot injury. Just maybe 3rd time will be the charm.
I think people
Expect last years Lindholm and he’s not that. That season will be his outlier

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
It’s more not winning in regulation. 26 regulation wins at this point doesn’t strike me as a championship team but who knows Vegas only had 38 last season
Yes. But in the playoffs you get the chance to NOT have a 5on5 loss. Btw, the Bs have the fewest regulation losses at 12 in the league. So it stands to reason teams are having a hard time beating them in regulation, aka 5 on 5.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Pasta is a defensive abomination in 3-3.

Should only see the ice in 3-3 if we have two D out with him.
Although you rarely see 3 on 3 during regulation anymore, but you wonder how many coaches would put two D out in a tie game during it.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1708694261547.jpeg

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Your general point makes sense but when it's 3-3 I'd rather my defensive guys out there. Break opposition plays down and generate a 2 on 1 the other way - and then it doesn't take Pastrnak to score.

But I understand your point, at any time Pasta could just steal the puck and end it.
Or he could just give it away and end it .

JVR has 25 ES points while playing less than 14 min a night. Advanced metrics all look solid to good too. Just not seeing this awful 5 on 5 player you are. He’s not a world beater 5 on 5 but he’s perfectly acceptable
I agree in general but last night that line was atrocious getting hemmed in their own Dzone for virtually the entire shift .

Reactions: CDJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Couldn't agree more!! Do away with the stupid gimmicks--no more 3 on 3 and shootouts.

Yeah, I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars in tickets just to go and watch a 1-1 tie like it's European football.

NHL is a gate-driven league and most fans in the stands enjoy the 3 on 3 and even the shootout. As long as it never is applied to the playoffs I don't see a problem with it. Give the fans buying the tickets a concrete result.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
12 loser points this season already. Not the greatest.
Yeah, but if I told you after news of Bergie and Krejci retiring last summer that 58 games in I’d give you 80 points, leading the East, and 20 points north of the #9 DNQ team……?

You’d have snapped my fingers off while screaming “no take backs”.

And that’s true of anyone here.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Yeah, but if I told you after news of Bergie and Krejci retiring last summer that 58 games in I’d give you 80 points, leading the East, and 20 points north of the #9 DNQ team……?

You’d have snapped my fingers off while screaming “no take backs”.

And that’s true of anyone here.
Yeah I hear you, I am very happy with where the team is. I didn't mean to discount what they were doing overall.

Reactions: Number8

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I remember when the Bruins drafted Lohrie and it was so out of left field that the broadcasters didn't have any information on him.

He's obviously still learning the NHL game but he sure looks promising. Quality of a later first round pick, drafted near the end of the second round. Good job, scouts.

I'd argue he's already among the best D-men from his draft class.

Sanderson and Faber are the top 2 thus far. But Lohrei is already right there with the likes of Guhle, Schneider, Barron and Drysdale.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Sure until losing the extra 8-12 pts results in losing home ice advantage .
Well Bruins have the same chance to win as does the other team, if you do not execute then blame it on yourselves. 3 on 3 is currently part of the game for all teams so try to figure it out and be more consistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad