Post-Game Talk: Game 58 - It's Not Ovah Til It's Ovah - BRUINS 3 Edmonton 2 F

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Glad I stayed up for this one.

I liked the shakeup with Krejci and Nash. I’ve been saying for awhile that I’d like to see Krejci center those 2. To me, the biggest deadline need is 3C. Preferably someone that can be considered a 2C or 2/3C. Nash has been excellent though, so probably an off-season wish.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
That defense probably gets too expensive too quickly. 7-8m for McAvoy, 7m for Hannifin, Grizz is cost controlled I have to think Carlo gets 4-6m somewhere in that range.
I think Carlo is getting over valued here. No way he gets 4 mil at this point on his next contract. And I like him.

Reactions: Zillah

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I don't hate Carlo, but I wouldn't commit to him long/medium term yet before he proves himself more.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Carlo under contract through next year? I don't see him getting $4+ for 4 yrs. I like him, but not that much.

Bruins go around $3-3.25 if 4 years is the term.

Otherwise I'm thinking he's shorter term...2 yrs $3.6 per or something like that...or he's a good tradeable asset.

I was way wrong on Chara and Heinen, though...time will tell.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You are literally the last person I would imagine this happening to.

I'm not as young as I once was, Trevor.

Plus it was a shitty, long day at work and I was overcome by Rob's epic comeback on Jeopardy. Must have subconsciously forgotten about the Bruins game since my desire for fierce competition had already been fulfilled for the day.

Actually, I was just really tired.

...but that comeback was great.

Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I would to

Love all things Tkachuk

I haven't looked over draft stuff but if I'm Buffalo I am sick of the suckage and even if Brady Tkachuk is rated 5 and they are 2 or 3 I take him to put with Casey Mittledtadt and bring hope and a new culture
If Brady Tkachuk is the same type of player,I would too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I may be proven wrong but I think the most misdiagnosed player on this board is Carlo.

I'm very fortunate to sit right behind the goal next to goal judge they defend two of the three periods where I can watch everything going at a different perspective and I am a big fan of Carlo.

When I was growing up I always heard defenseman are about 27 or 3-500 NHL games when they start to feel confidence and recognize and react.

I remember this guy Boston picked up years ago named Eric Weinrich and running into him and telling him he made it look easy back there after what I been watching- he laughed and said anything but and said it takes awhile.

Carlo basically skipped the AHL and is often up against the top players in the world.

He will still be 23 the week of Thanksgiving 2020.

I been following this team since the late 60's and I'm still sick of seeing trashed prospects and players wheeled out of here in horrific deals a few years before there time

Leach MacLeish Courtnall Secord McCrimmom Boldeliev from my youth dumped or traded for inferior packages

I really like Carlo and unless he's returning Hanifin or one of those Columbus kids I'm holding on to him

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-2-21_16-23-50.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I would be very hesitant to move any of these guys right now. Offseason? Fine. Adding someone using picks/prospects? Love it. But I would not mess with what's going on with this group by sending someone away.
At this point I want them to adopt me :laugh:

I've only been a bruins fan since 2013, but this is by far my favorite version of them.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Also, is that Holden next to Tuukka? Looks like he's fitting in just fine :laugh:

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Carlo is the most underrated D man in the NHL. Look at his stats and Bruins defensive stats and his time on ice .
Bruins would not be the best defensive team in the NHL if he wasn't doing his job and doing it well.
He is going to be a monster when his body and game matures. We better tie him up for many years because we won't be able to afford him when he's 25

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Carlo is the most underrated D man in the NHL. Look at his stats and Bruins defensive stats and his time on ice .
Bruins would not be the best defensive team in the NHL if he wasn't doing his job and doing it well.
He is going to be a monster when his body and game matures. We better tie him up for many years because we won't be able to afford him when he's 25

He will have the same issue here amongst some that Hal Gill did.
That is because he is big but doesn't fight he's a stiff.
Meanwhile, used correctly, he'll carve himself out a nice NHL career.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
I'd like to see him get harder in front of the net... add some nasty to his game. He's got the size and I don't care if doesn't drop the gloves at the drop of a hat.

Go Pronger once in a while...

He will have the same issue here amongst some that Hal Gill did.
That is because he is big but doesn't fight he's a stiff.
Meanwhile, used correctly, he'll carve himself out a nice NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad