GDT: Game 56: StarHawks | Blackhawks @ Stars | 2/6/2016 | 7:00 PM CST | WGN, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
But he's really more of a 3C. Because derp.
He's such a good player, I've always liked his game. Sure, there were points in his career where he hasn't produced like you would want him to, but does all the other stuff so well it doesn't matter if he's scoring or not. Never understood why people didn't like his game prior to him suiting up in the Hawks's sweater. He fits this team like a glove.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How many points of Anisimovs last night were because of Kane and Panarin? Would you say 1? I didn't see the game, just going off what little highlights I have seen.

There have been quite a few points he has had this year where Kane nor Panarin were involved. Yet some people when it comes down to it, will say that he only got so many points because of Kane and Panarin. To which I say, same could be said for Panarin and Kane because they played with Anisimov.

There have only been a few games where Anisimov was a disappointment. He has been great for this team, and the perfect #2C. Hopefully he keeps it up, and doesn't get hurt. Without him, i'm not sure this team is built for the long haul, he's that important.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
A very satisfying and much needed road win in regulation against our main divisional opponent.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
A very satisfying and much needed road win in regulation against our main divisional opponent.

I'm not so sure of that anymore. I have a feeling St. Louis will pass them eventually, and I think I would rather play them than St. Louis as well.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Anisimov has been VVG. Perfect fit for Kane & Panarin. Sure, he benefits from playing w/those wings. But they benefit from playing w/him. All he has to do is tighten up his FO percentage.

3rd line center? Joke.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I'm not so sure of that anymore. I have a feeling St. Louis will pass them eventually, and I think I would rather play them than St. Louis as well.

Let stars and blues battle it out while the Hawks get the wild or preds.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
All you guys singing Anisimov's praises will totally eat your words when Saad puts up 150pts next season, tho.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not really. Saad's future success is not in any way related to the praise people have for Anisimov. We couldn't afford Saad and/or didn't want to run the risk of another team offer sheeting him from our division or conference, so we traded him and got a great center, a still solid prospect, and cap space for them and another player to boot.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Not really. Saad's future success is not in any way related to the praise people have for Anisimov. We couldn't afford Saad and/or didn't want to run the risk of another team offer sheeting him from our division or conference, so we traded him and got a great center, a still solid prospect, and cap space for them and another player to boot.

I was being facetious.

EricRealm

Oct 22, 2013
My favorite part is Stan had been targeting this guy for awhile now, he extends him before he even plays a game, and then is proven 200% percent right in his assessment. Is that just 100% confidence and scouting or is there some other strategic angle to locking him up right away?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My favorite part is Stan had been targeting this guy for awhile now, he extends him before he even plays a game, and then is proven 200% percent right in his assessment. Is that just 100% confidence and scouting or is there some other strategic angle to locking him up right away?

Confidence in his ability + recognition that, if their scouting was right (on both him and Panarin), he'd command a bigger payday as a free agent if he wasn't locked down.

As I said as we signed him, I viewed the entire deal as being a six-year deal for a free agent rather than giving a five-year deal for a guy with a year left on their contract and before he played a game for us. Bowman & Co. were banking on him fitting in perfectly with us, and they were right. Still a lot of time on his contract, but at this point I have zero issues with his cap hit going forward.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Jamie Benn mentioned after the game that the Hawks embarrassed them in front of their own fans and while that's true judging by the people dressed as seats and what little crowd there was that night I like to think of it as the Hawks played extremely well in front of their's. Dallas, Nashville St.Louis on the road are all really like home games without the Chelsea Dagger.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hawks fans travel like it is there job and there are Hawks transplants everywhere.

Based on what I've witnessed (in Toronto and Buffalo) most of those fans live right in that city - And it has been like that forever in Toronto.... well before 2009.

Other original 6 teams like Boston and Detroit have a following as well, but nothing like the numbers we see at Leaf-Hawk games or in Buffalo when Hawks are in town.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Y'know, it still doesn't look right seeing Sharp in that jersey.

I hate it. I pray he resigns with the Hawks when that contract is up on a big discount to retire in Chicago. I absolutely hate not having him in Chicago even if it was definitely the best move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad