Grabner - Hayes - Miller
Vesey - Desharnais - Fast
McLeod - Holland - Lettieri

Skjei - Kampfer
Holden - DeAngelo
Gilmour - Pionk

Lundqvist

nhl.com
The Rangers are led offensively by Mats Zuccarello, who has 40 points. J.T. Miller has 12 goals and 37 points, while Michael Grabner leads New York with 23 goals (but has just five assists).

Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has carried the load for the Rangers this season, posting a 23-17-4 record with a 2.73 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage.

Connections:

• Wild forward Matt Cullen recorded 41 points (16-25=41) in 80 contests with the Rangers in 2006-07.
• Wild forward Eric Staal skated in 20 games with New York during the 2015-16 campaign, totaling six points (3-3=6). He is the older brother of Rangers defenseman Marc Staal.
• Rangers forward Vinni Lettieri is from Excelsior and played collegiately at the University of Minnesota.
• Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh hails from St. Paul and played at the University of Wisconsin.
• Rangers defenseman Neal Pionk is from Hermantown and played at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
• Rangers defenseman Brady Skjei was raised in Lakeville and is a former Golden Gopher.
• Rangers defenseman Steven Kampfer appeared in 13 games with the Wild (2011-12).

GO WILD! :banana:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
McDonagh and Kreider are out, but it seems like the Rangers have been winning games lately. Teams around us in the standings have been looking mortal, so this'll be another important one to win.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
McDonagh and Kreider are out, but it seems like the Rangers have been winning games lately. Teams around us in the standings have been looking mortal, so this'll be another important one to win.

They have won the last 2 games, but are 3-7 in their last 10.

If Lundqvist is on his game they can compete most every night.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Lundqvist seems to struggle bit time at the X...not sure if that's just recently or a trend. I feel like he's been pulled here at least a couple times.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They have won the last 2 games, but are 3-7 in their last 10.

If Lundqvist is on his game they can compete most every night.
It's definitely a "should win." I've grown to hate those words, though.

Other important games tonight:
- LA vs Carolina: LA only has 1 point less than us in the same games played, so they could knock us out of a spot if we stumble against NYR.
- St Louis vs Nashville: The Blues have 5 points on us, but have 3 games in hand. A loss to Nashville could prime them for a pretty bad fall in the standings since Dallas and LA are also within passing distance.
- Calgary vs Boston: The Flames are tied with us in points with 1 more game played, so it'd be nice to put some more distance on them. With Smith out they're probably going to have their work cut out for them staying ahead of LA
- Anaheim vs Detroit: The Ducks have 1 fewer point with 2 more games played, but they're not out of the picture yet.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Seeing Ennis' name on the first line is still about as appealing as a tinfoil condom.

I don't know what to expect from this game. The Rangers winning the last couple is probably a good sign. If these guys get too many signs pointing to a sure thing, they get so excited they turn into a bunch of Humphrey Bears.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seeing Ennis' name on the first line is still about as appealing as a tinfoil condom.

I don't know what to expect from this game. The Rangers winning the last couple is probably a good sign. If these guys get too many signs pointing to a sure thing, they get so excited they turn into a bunch of Humphrey Bears.

Yeah, I still grind my teeth when I see Ennis beside Staal.
Cullen has looked better playing with Parise and Coyle. His IQ showing through.
Ek helps solidify the 4th line. Big line, and should be defensively responsible, though Foligno and Winnik can be pretty bad at handling the puck. You expect that from 4th liners, but at times they can't even receive a pass and chip it over the Blue line. Still, a pretty imposing line. Ek's time will come to move up in the line up, but for now we are a better team with Cullen on the third line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, I still grind my teeth when I see Ennis beside Staal.
Cullen has looked better playing with Parise and Coyle. His IQ showing through.
Ek helps solidify the 4th line. Big line, and should be defensively responsible, though Foligno and Winnik can be pretty bad at handling the puck. You expect that from 4th liners, but at times they can't even receive a pass and chip it over the Blue line. Still, a pretty imposing line. Ek's time will come to move up in the line up, but for now we are a better team with Cullen on the third line.

I haven't been impressed with the 3rd line. They've been lucky, rather than good the past couple of games. It's nice to see them on the scoresheet, but I don't feel comfortable at all when the line is on the ice.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I read somewhere that Skjei was having a bit of a sophomore slump. What's his season been like?

It's tough judging defensemen when the team is just playing terribly, and the system/coach just needs to be removed.

Injuries don't help.

Currently out with injuries: McDonagh, Staal, Shattenkirk, Kampfer, Kreider, Buchnevich, Pavelec

This is basically an AHL squad with an NHL 2nd line as its top line.

jackouu

Nov 25, 2015
Helsinki
I watched Rangers' last game against the Jets and oh boy have they fallen low. Jets should have won that game easily but King Henrik was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad