GDT: Game 56: Columbus vs. Toronto | 2/15 7PM

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
So was Torts's in-game interview in response to the recent hullabaloo over the meeting? A little PR work?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Really liked our game tonight aside from the third period at times. Good win. Good job by korpi

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Hopefully Bjork can build off of his game. I still think he posses a type of talent this team desperately needs. Him and Wenny make a good duo.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you're looking for players to temporarily sit, consider any of Calvert, Sedlak, and Gagner. That trio was caught looking on both Leafs goals - not tracking the Leafs forwards. Take the man!

Sedlak actually has been pretty good. Gagner's play has fallen off the table dramatically.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Quiet crowd tonight... much like the power play thus far...

Jackets games during the week never seem anywhere near as energetic as the weekend games.

I don't mean to single out these two posts and apologize to the posters if it appears as such, as there were a lot of similar posts in Monday's Rangers GDT, but I'm a full season ticket holder since day one and don't understand how there can be so many posts criticizing the fans in attendance by fans not in attendance. I understand not every fan lives close enough to attend or can afford to go to every game, but why call out the fans who bought tickets and put their butts in the seats for the game? Even if they want to sit in their seat and knit dog sweaters, they add more to the arena atmosphere than an empty seat.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't mean to single out these two posts and apologize to the posters if it appears as such, as there were a lot of similar posts in Monday's Rangers GDT, but I'm a full season ticket holder since day one and don't understand how there can be so many posts criticizing the fans in attendance by fans not in attendance. I understand not every fan lives close enough to attend or can afford to go to every game, but why call out the fans who bought tickets and put their butts in the seats for the game? Even if they want to sit in their seat and knit dog sweaters, they add more to the arena atmosphere than an empty seat.

One time when my son and I "upgraded" to two on the glass, there was a women sitting next to us who was in fact knitting. :amazed: When someone got smashed into the boards right in front of her she jumped sky high. :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Lol... I'm a full season ticket holder as well so you can get off your high horse and move along.

Simply commented on how quiet it was - far from a criticism - especially seeing it was a factual comment.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Lol... I'm a full season ticket holder as well so you can get off your high horse and move along.

Simply commented on how quiet it was - far from a criticism - especially seeing it was a factual comment.

Lol. I think the team gets what they earn from the fans. They go on a 16 game winning streak, they get playoff crowds. They lose 3 of 4 at home including to NJD and VAN, then there's going to be some reservations.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Another solid effort and performance. Nice to see us get 2 points this time. I like the way we've play the last week, and expect a strong showing Friday night.

W one L one streak continues, let see if we can put a pair of W's in a row vs Pitt.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I really liked our game for the first 40 minutes (minus a few defensive breakdowns, but that's understandable against a fast, creative team like the Leafs). The third period offensive push against us was pretty predictable, so I won't comment on the third period since it was pretty much sealed as a victory after 40.

Hopefully Bjork continues to perform like he did last night, he had his feet moving, was great along the boards, and of course had that beautiful breakaway goal. Once Hartnell's healthy methinks Gagner comes out of the lineup. Our lines are so balanced from top to bottom with Bjork in the lineup with Saad/Wenny and Foligno with Karlsson/Anderson.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I really liked our game for the first 40 minutes (minus a few defensive breakdowns, but that's understandable against a fast, creative team like the Leafs). The third period offensive push against us was pretty predictable, so I won't comment on the third period since it was pretty much sealed as a victory after 40.

Hopefully Bjork continues to perform like he did last night, he had his feet moving, was great along the boards, and of course had that beautiful breakaway goal. Once Hartnell's healthy methinks Gagner comes out of the lineup. Our lines are so balanced from top to bottom with Bjork in the lineup with Saad/Wenny and Foligno with Karlsson/Anderson.

For those who pay more attention to handed-ness, RW vs LW stuff...

Filigno moved from RW to LW to accomodate Bjork and the line shift, is that right? Wondering about Hartnell slotting in for Gagner when he's ready but that's an issue with right/left I think.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Can only speak about the first two periods as I had to get the granddaughter home early since she had school today.

Thought the first period was a pretty wide open affair, and even though we led 2-0, I thought the Leafs had more quality scoring chances.

Still pretty wide open in the second, but the string of Leaf penalties hurt them, so I thought we had the better of the play throughout.

Korpi finally looked like the guy we saw filling in last season. In control, calm, quick.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
For Bjork fans...Saw this on eBay via the AHL store. An AHL All Satan game warm up jersey signed by Bjprk. Current bid is $373, I believe.

View attachment 93941

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad