GDT: Game 56: Columbus vs. Toronto | 2/15 7PM

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Lol. I think the team gets what they earn from the fans. They go on a 16 game winning streak, they get playoff crowds. They lose 3 of 4 at home including to NJD and VAN, then there's going to be some reservations.

We're kind of like a (psychologically) abused partner. You keep telling me you're going to change, but never do. I think seriously about leaving. Then you do, so I stay, but I'm skeptical of how long it's going to last. Then you regress, I pull back. Then you get back on the beam and I'm hopeful, but still skeptical. It's complicated! :laugh:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
One takeaway from last nights game was that it highlighted how well our offense plays when the opposition allows space. Now it stands to reason that a team will score more in such a game, and conversely one expects us to score less in a tight checking game. But it's clear to me that we play a well above average level offensive game when not bogged down in the neutral zone. It's further in view with our success in 4 on 4 play (and 3 on 3 OT as well). On the other hand our offense is below many others in a tight checking contest. In such games, our own D and a hot Bob have often been the difference.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jackets now 7-5 in their last 12 games. That's an 82 game pace of 96 points, so the CBJ have been playing at a playoff pace for a significant stretch of post streak games.

The sky is not falling. It never did.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
One takeaway from last nights game was that it highlighted how well our offense plays when the opposition allows space. Now it stands to reason that a team will score more in such a game, and conversely one expects us to score less in a tight checking game. But it's clear to me that we play a well above average level offensive game when not bogged down in the neutral zone. It's further in view with our success in 4 on 4 play (and 3 on 3 OT as well). On the other hand our offense is below many others in a tight checking contest. In such games, our own D and a hot Bob have often been the difference.

That could be, but going into this stretch of games (Det, Nyr, Tor, Mon) I expected the motivation level to pick up substantially, and it did. The goals haven't been pouring in but the fundamentals look back like December again. We've seen the Jackets offense really come to life partly as a function of the space they are creating with the hard game - putting other clubs on their heels.

But you're right it helps if the other club isn't trapping us like NJ and Vancouver.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Fun game to be at, wasn't crazy but there were a few chants going. A lot of leafs fans though. At one point the leafs fans started a "go leafs go" chant and within 20 seconds it was drowned out by "C-B-J" chant. That made my night, that and that whole sequence of Bjorkstrands goal. Such a beaut.

Definitely excited to see Pittsburgh tomorrow!

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
We're kind of like a (psychologically) abused partner. You keep telling me you're going to change, but never do. I think seriously about leaving. Then you do, so I stay, but I'm skeptical of how long it's going to last. Then you regress, I pull back. Then you get back on the beam and I'm hopeful, but still skeptical. It's complicated! :laugh:

This.
Some of us fans have been trained for 16 years on what to expect. When change finally comes, it is hard to truly believe it will last. When bad things happen the knee-jerk reaction is to say "Same old Jackets...."

I look forward to the time when we can get past that collective history, and have "winning" as part of the new history.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jackets are the only team in the league that has yet to lose 3 straight games. That should tell you something.

I think they're around 5th best in the league. I'm sure you can tell me about how poor they look at times. I've seen it. I want to know if you've seen how terrible the Rangers, Hawks, and Pens look much of the time. Only the Caps are a clear step ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad