GDT: Game #55: Oilers vs Coyotes - 2:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - Mullett Matinee Massacree

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Aaargh so it continues. Honestly a really good effort especially the 2nd period but once again it all unravelled.
Frustrating for the team and very frustrating for us fans Guess with Mathews in on Wednesday things are not going to change!!

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Taking out the context of the rebuild and the reasonably good on-ice prospects of the future, I don’t think there has been a worse time ever to be a fan of this team than right now. Horrible losing streak with no hope, tiny arena filled with other fans that hate us and laugh at us, and we’re told to look to the future and we don’t even know if we one

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Taking out the context of the rebuild and the reasonably good on-ice prospects of the future, I don’t think there has been a worse time ever to be a fan of this team than right now. Horrible losing streak with no hope, tiny arena filled with other fans that hate us and laugh at us, and we’re told to look to the future and we don’t even know if we one
Bingo.. absolute rock bottom.

Worse than the BK time, I went to the first preseason game in 2009 against the Kings where there were like 300 fans at Jobing.com arena.

That was insane

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I feel better about a team with an owner working to build an arena and solve the problems of the past than I did when we had an arena but no owner. Feel better knowing that a plan exists and people are working on it.

Still think AM gets this done, that the team is really fun in 3 more years, and that most of the problems that have dogged us for decades will finally fade away over the years to come. If you ignore the outside relocation talk and only focus on what we hear about the land deal AM is working on, things look good IMO.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
That's not a small thing.

Central Division
Pronman's excruciatingly slow prospect pool rankings (Never have the Coyotes had a better prospect pool)...
1-10 Arizona, Chicago & Nashville (not yet released)
11. Minnesota
14. St. Louis
16. Winnipeg
21. Dallas
26. Colorado

Then you have (Never have the Coyotes had this level of picks)...
Round 1-3 picks for next 3 years:
Arizona 20
Chicago 17
Nashville 13
St Louis 11
Minnesota 8
Winnipeg 8
Dallas 7
Colorado 6

Then you have (1st try...)

1708451045967.png

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018

Central Division
Pronman's excruciatingly slow prospect pool rankings (Never have the Coyotes had a better prospect pool)...
11. Minnesota
14. St. Louis
16. Winnipeg
21. Dallas
26. Colorado

Arizona 20
Chicago 17
Nashville 13
St Louis 11
Minnesota 8
Winnipeg 8
Dallas 7
Colorado 6

View attachment 822728
Picks and prospects are great and I’ll feel comfortable being excited about them again when I know I’ll still have a team that they’ll be on…

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Central Division
11. Minnesota
14. St. Louis
16. Winnipeg
21. Dallas
26. Colorado

Arizona 20
Chicago 17
Nashville 13
St Louis 11
Minnesota 8
Winnipeg 8
Dallas 7
Colorado 6

View attachment 822728
Is your enthusiastic perspective that of a sth'r or tv guy?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Tippett was great at getting the players to ignore the off-ice stuff. Tourigny appears to struggle at this.
They're professionals. If they can not manage the distractions of off ice rumors than they are probably not suited to the distractions that come with a playoff run. May as well discover it now and wish them well, if they are this fragile. For me though, I think rumors are coincidental to the problem.

Things that are closer to the problem...
Ingram's .872 and one start away from dropping out of the top 10 in gsax.
Everything Matt Dumba. He needs a goalie saving his butt every night and when that doesn't happen the wheels fall off.
Only having 2 NHL dmen.
Having 1 of the 2 dmen struggle (Durzi).
Troy Stecher being a low-key, unrecognized, hero and getting hurt.
Carcone on a milk carton.

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tippett had a much older and superior leadership group of players. Doan, Morris, Aucoin, etc etc

This - plus, more than half the roster was comprised of journeymen and short-timers who were used to upheaval (trades, team hopping, etc.), not young prospects who might consider the team their "home." That kind of professional "soul callous," so to speak, was pretty useful during those years.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
They're professionals. If they can not manage the distractions of off ice rumors than they are probably not suited to the distractions that come with a playoff run. May as well discover it now and wish them well, if they are this fragile.
Those aren't the same kinds of distractions. The ones that come with a playoff run can be mitigated by performing on ice. Off-ice stuff like arena distractions, rumors of the team moving, and the stress of potentially relocating your family are beyond a player's control.

Playoff distractions can be transformed into motivation, relocation rumors cannot. How they react to these rumors doesn't necessarily reflect how they'll respond come playoff time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m really disappointed in Jason Zucker.
In all honestly, if you exclude last year, Zucker is having his regular type year. His goal scoring days are long behind him. We all expected more than what we should have expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad